View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
gypsytears
not a greeter

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Maybe I should try yoga in the new year. I am terribly inflexible and would have to modify things, at least in the beginning. Is there yoga for people in terrible shape? LOL. Gypsy, any recommendations for yoga I can do at home, maybe modified for those with very tight hamstrings and back injuries? My usual thing is to do my elliptical, and some stretching and crunches. Some modified push ups sometimes. I like to walk, but not in the cold weather. I am working through some deep emotions re: my marriage. Not sure where it will end, but I am very sad and working on loving myself more since nobody else does.
Sorry you're having marital struggles Phoebe. Adding yoga right now is a great idea! Any gentle or hatha level would be a good place to start. If you don't belong to a gym that offers it, or a nearby studio, does your cable company offer any videos on demand? When I had Comcast & Verizon they both did. Tight hamstrings plague me too. Now more than ever lol. Bending the knees softly while doing seated or standing forward folds help a lot. Using a yoga strap is s good prop. I'm glad you modified Bernie! Some of the last classes I taught before my leave was salutation based. 12 chaturangas per salutation. We aimed for 12 rounds but ended up only doing 96 chaturangas lol. In an hour. We did em fast , We watched The Interview last night workforit. Goofy but better than Anchorman lol.

Cooking today... Gluten free bread & black beans.