Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 2

Old 12-12-2014, 10:01 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Sober Friday evening here out West. I'm ending day 9, ready for day 10! Was able to turn down the offer of wine today that a visiting relative brought. It wasn't worth a day 10.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:25 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Just checking in here late Friday night.....so glad for the week-end & to be home in front of the fireplace with a cup of "calm" tea. A bit sad, as my sweet cat of 14 years we've had since he was a kitten has been missing for a couple of days. He's old, but didn't appear to be sick, so really hoping he comes home. Posted a missing ad on local site tonight.

Teen Son spending the night at his Dads & roommate gone for the week-end so I have the house to myself, which is always a green light to drink, but went to the gym after dropping Son & his friend off and had a great work out in the weight room, 3.40 virtual bike ride & a soak in the Jacuzzi......relaxed & grateful for another sober day
Old 12-12-2014, 10:27 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Fabulous you will wake with 10 days tomorrow GN
Old 12-12-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I made to day 6 and it was better than yesterday. Sleep is fleeting but that's expected and withdrawal was surprisingly easier than many of my previous attempts.

Congrats to all and let's make it happen as only we can!
Old 12-13-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Nice work everyone. Being sober isn't always easy but it is simple and makes life better. No alcohol today.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Day 8 - yippee! Thanks to you all for being part of my recovery. I am new to SR but immediately appreciative reading and posting as part of my support system.
I feel ready to handle the challenges ahead this weekend.
Thank you.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good morning!!! 2 weeks today!!
Old 12-13-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all! Day eight and feeling great! I actually looked forward to waking up today! When I was drinking I dreaded morning time and having to face another day....with good reason...my life had gotten to the point where it revolved around a bottle....I was a slave to it. I'm so enjoying my freedom and it sounds like y'all are too!

I see a lot of us hitting the week and two week mark and it is awesome! Yay for us!
I never want to have to start day one again! Remember how miserable those first few days were? Picking up today isn't worth it.

Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday!

And in case I didn't make myself clear...I will not drink today!
Old 12-13-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Day 1 begins...
Old 12-13-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Hello everyone. Day 1 begins...
We're here for you, max! You got this!
Stay close today.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Tired

Hello Max! Hello everyone!

Day one is what brought me here. I woke up so hung over and feeling like such an a** at my horrible actions to someone I love. I joined the site that day, and so glad I did.

Reading through much of the forums has really helped me so much, so has posting. I started a blog that day, think they default to private, and have been adding to it daily so I can go back and read what all I've been pouring out in them.

Today is seven days for me no drinking. It does get better. Drink water, rehydrate! A multi vitamin is a great idea. Eat small good meals if you can. My appetite has taken a big dive, so I'm having to make myself eat something. Even a banana is better then nada.

For Christmas, I want to feel good, and grateful. For the New Year, I want to know that 2015 will be my healing year, without a single day marred by black outs, or wasted life.

A large task, but damned determined it happens.

Stay strong and focused today all! Weekends are huge triggers.
We got this.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks! I'm scared but ready.I'm more afraid of failing, again. This time around has to be different.
I will be close by .
Old 12-13-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 7 deemee!
Old 12-13-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hey gang, I'm back to day 1 again. Yes, I sabotaged my 7 days of sobriety for ONE glass of red wine. We were at my in-laws for dinner last night and I didn't have the will power to say no thanks after a glass was poured and placed in front of me at the table. Though, on a positive note I said no to the second glass. The red alarm bells were ringing..NO!! I woke this morning hangover free, but very disappointed in myself. But, I have to be accountable. This isn't a game for me anymore. So, what I learned from this is that I have to be upfront with my in-laws next time we go for dinner and tell them right off the bat that I'm not drinking.

Welcome to all of the newcomers.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks for the support.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
EJP

Originally Posted by classypants19 View Post
Hey gang, I'm back to day 1 again. Yes, I sabotaged my 7 days of sobriety for ONE glass of red wine. We were at my in-laws for dinner last night and I didn't have the will power to say no thanks after a glass was poured and placed in front of me at the table. Though, on a positive note I said no to the second glass. The red alarm bells were ringing..NO!! I woke this morning hangover free, but very disappointed in myself. But, I have to be accountable. This isn't a game for me anymore. So, what I learned from this is that I have to be upfront with my in-laws next time we go for dinner and tell them right off the bat that I'm not drinking.

Welcome to all of the newcomers.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks for the support.
Bummer about the wine but thats so swesome you declined the second glass!
Old 12-13-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I am on day 8.

Classypants- I am glad you stopped after one and feel good today. I think those situations are hard when it's your family and they don't realize you want to stop drinking 100 percent. it's hard to have that conversation with them.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

You can do this Maximus!!!
Old 12-13-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
EJP

Day 8 begins.
Feeling the best yet after a decent nights sleep. My body is sore from all the exercise but there will certainly be more of it today to keep the anxiety and depression at bay.

I started watching Friday Night Lights last night on netflix and crashed pretty early so I still need to make a list of stuff to do this weekend.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Classy...glad you're here and so glad you were able to stop after one! I think letting the in laws in on your sobriety plan is an excellent idea....an added layer of accountability even!

Max...I so hear you about not wanting to fail! Ugh!! I'm a perfectionist and hesitate to try anything unless success is guaranteed! Ridiculous!
I'm so glad you're giving sobriety a chance. Just don't drink and you won't fail.
Tell yourself that drinking is NOT an option. Take it off the table as even a POSSIBILITY.
You can do this!
Old 12-13-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks Wilson and great job on day 8!
Classy, so glad you stopped at 1. I could never do that, one always turns into way too many!
Glad you are back on track.