Class of December 2014 Part 2

Old 12-12-2014, 02:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome seasky

D
Old 12-12-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

No alcohol for me today. I turned down an invitation to meet with a friend tonight because it is likely there would be some/heavy drinking involved. I told him I was going out of town when in reality I will be reading and spending time on SR. You are my friends !
Old 12-12-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Still going strong!!! Day 44....I can't believe how fast time is going by now! My triggers are happening less but I am still careful. I don't want to get too comfortable & slip up.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Waking up on day 7 is a joy.
Foggy and cold outside but not inside!
Make it a good day all.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome Same and Seasky!! I wish you both well.

It is good to see that everyone is doing good and getting stronger. I am on day 8!
Old 12-12-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm back. Hopefully for good this time.

I've been on this roller coaster of drinking, quitting, deciding I can drink moderately, failing at that, and trying again to quit.

I've been "trying" to quit for three years now with stretches of success but that's it.

I *need* to stop, this is just out of control-I drink every night, alone, and too much. Feel like crap most mornings. Slog through the day--till 5 or so when I get back to drinking and the cycle starts again. Don't sleep well, look like hell, and have done who knows what kind of damage to my liver, etc.

Anyway: I'm done. This is Day 1. I just wanted to explain my story and how I've bounced around SR over the past couple years and really want this to be the last class I ever join here. I'm going to go back and read all the posts to get to know eveyone.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all and welcome to all our new classmates!

I started day seven with a three mile run....can actually do that now that I don't have to nurse a hangover every morning! I'm actually starting to feel like I'm part of the human race again! My world had become so small while I was drinking...now I'm enjoying the process of re-discovering 'life' again!

Hope everyone has a good and sober Friday.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
I've been on this roller coaster of drinking, quitting, deciding I can drink moderately, failing at that, and trying again to quit.

I've been "trying" to quit for three years now with stretches of success but that's it.

I *need* to stop, this is just out of control-I drink every night, alone, and too much. Feel like crap most mornings. Slog through the day--till 5 or so when I get back to drinking and the cycle starts again. Don't sleep well, look like hell, and have done who knows what kind of damage to my liver, etc.

Anyway: I'm done. This is Day 1. I just wanted to explain my story and how I've bounced around SR over the past couple years and really want this to be the last class I ever join here. I'm going to go back and read all the posts to get to know eveyone.
Welcome. Nice to have you on board.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good morning gang. Day 7 here and feeling good. Have great day all
Old 12-12-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congratulations and Kudos to all that are here.

That in itself is a great accomplishment.

Day 3 for me. Anxious as I have a holiday party to go to tonight. Normally, I would be looking forward to the wine. Now, thinking of ways to avoid it.

Feeling better waking up.

Thanks for being here. The first thing I wanted to do was log on and say hi and get some positive energy for today.

Hugs to you all.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Good morning y'all and welcome to all our new classmates!

I started day seven with a three mile run....can actually do that now that I don't have to nurse a hangover every morning! I'm actually starting to feel like I'm part of the human race again! My world had become so small while I was drinking...now I'm enjoying the process of re-discovering 'life' again!

Hope everyone has a good and sober Friday.
I am(or was) a runner too. Desperately want to get back to it, so it's encouraging to hear you're back out there. I get the small world thing too caused by drinking. We box ourselves in.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning All

Faith, if you go to the Holiday party, maybe take walk into with a big bottle of flavored seltzer water in hand....think about how great you will feel waking up tomorrow morning, sober & not hungover.

Welcome Same, Poppy, Seasky & Samwitch....Glad you are here with us. Be kind to yourself in these early days & know that you are not alone in this.

Looks like theres a lot of running & exercise going on with everyone! I have made it back into the weight room this week after being away with this last stretch of drinking & am pretty sore, but that feels good. I plan on a good work out this evening & then a nice soak in the Jacuzzi at the gym as my "reward".

Wishing you all a great day/night!!
Old 12-12-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Yes, Brynn & Sam.....The drinking really does keep us in a little box & there is this great big world out there....so much outside of drinking....it is a good thing for us to think about.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Day 14 for me and feeling wonderful.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
EJP

Day 7.
Rotten sleep last night and woke up in terrible mood. Sigh.

Reading peoples progress is uplifting. Im going t o force myself to eat breakfast and run 2 miles after droping kids off at school. And Im starting to get that itch... that old desire to hide away in my office and drink the day away... although I cannot really do that now since I disassembled the chair and most of the desk so its not a cozy place to sit for 10 hours.

I'll check in later. I'll probably need it
Old 12-12-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Waking up to Day 10 and while the weather outside is crazy and stormy, i feel good. Healthy even, i dare say.

Welcome to our new classmates! You've found a wonderful community in this place. Everyone here is truly awesome and has a wellspring of experience to share, im really grateful to have stumbled upon SR.

I hear there's a meeting later in the chatroom, 9pm eastern i think. Count me in!
Old 12-12-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by EJP View Post
Day 7.
Rotten sleep last night and woke up in terrible mood. Sigh.

Reading peoples progress is uplifting. Im going t o force myself to eat breakfast and run 2 miles after droping kids off at school. And Im starting to get that itch... that old desire to hide away in my office and drink the day away... although I cannot really do that now since I disassembled the chair and most of the desk so its not a cozy place to sit for 10 hours.

I'll check in later. I'll probably need it
I love that you physically got rid of your drinking hideout!
And I'm finding the only way to get rid of that itch is to replace it with something else.
Hope you keep checking in here today. We got this!
Old 12-12-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Ljb

Last night, during a conversation about how to "move past this." My husband shared some of the difficulties he and my toddler faced when I was drinking heavily.

I am completely devastated, depressed as hell and don't feel like being...anything...anymore.

And, of course, I'd really like a drink. Then, in my mind, I can stop feeling this way. Numb the pain, drink away the anxiety. Stop being.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post

Welcome back! I could have written that myself. This is the last class I plan to join also. It's time to do this for us!
Old 12-12-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

samwich: I too could have written that myself. welcome back! I'm glad you decided to come back when the drinking "only" started at 5:00pm and not later in the disease when it's noon or 24x7

ljb: welcome. you are amoungst friends. Many of us did things that we are ashamed of while drinking. Just realize that you now have a choice. You never have to be that person ever again! Just don't drink!

Morning everyone else. This is Day 3 for me and I had a great sleep last night. I feel really good today and I'm not going to drink. period. end of story. I feel 100% better then I did earlier in the week.

I'm loving all of the posts and positivity from everyone. We can do this!