Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 11

Old 10-30-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Hey guys, thanks for all your kind messages, it really touched me and gave me some new strength, thank you so much.

Congratulations to all of you hitting milestones, Chris, Hobbers, Pink etc!

Happy birthday Scooter!! Hope you have a beautiful sober birthday x

Apple, Max, Cristina & Captain (and anyone else who wants to!!) lets rack up those sober days and appreciate every one of them!

My head was going crazy again today, trying to tempt me with a load of BS mental illusion! At times I felt myself buying into it, only to gain some rationality and snap into the moment. Anyway I had a great day at work today, been getting some positive feedback and it sure feels good. If I was drinking I wouldn't be able to work full stop. I need to drum this stuff home or my mind will try to edge it out. If I keep drinking I wouldn't be able to live full stop.!!

Tomorrow I'm gonna be 34, I'm gonna be sober and it's going to be the start of my first full year sober. I'll do it one moment at a time, with the help of you all and anything else God puts in my way to help me along.

Sending out my love to all of you guys!
Old 10-30-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

What an evening. I am home and dry. Thank you all so much, and ultra, thank you for reminding me of my own tag line that really helped. Jeez that was tough, it just caught me In a way I didn't expect, that's why I hit Sr whilst placing my food order for me and mum. When i went in the pub i felt nothing, sat down, scanned the menu, felt fine. Got to the bar and BOOM. Av. You saved my ass guys and I'm so grateful I could sob. I ordered a super food salad to curb all my cravings, had a pint of diet coke and two pints of water. Felt like I needed to keep my mouth busy! I am now utterly exhausted, but still have 9 weeks. I feel weak, tired, bitter but relieved, and proud. What an emotional roller coaster this is.

Chris I am so glad your day turned out well, what a lovely end to the day xx thanks for your immediate help, so grateful.

Thank you all, you all did a great thing for me today. Thank you so so much xxxx
Old 10-30-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Well done Pink! Remember this experience and let it give you power for the future. I'm really proud of how you handled this.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Hey all

Fast moving thread today again, I like it.

I said it this morning but will say again - congrats on all the milestones!

Pink - I am glad you got through the 'spoons test. Those places were my bar of choice for daytime drinking. Very anonymous and they start serving early. I am glad you posted and had a healthy lunch and drinks.

Hobbers - from a fellow work traveller I relate to you. Get the hotel to empty your minibar (call ahead) and maybe break down the trip to days and hours, minutes if you have to. And post!!

Chris - that surprise is ace. I want one!

BBF - awesome, well done!

Happy birthday to the birthday people.

I have had an up and down day. Still need to snap some negative thinking but I am doing alright. Far far better than yesterday.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Captain - keep checking in, you can do this. Post away, Team A is global and busy and there will be someone here. Keep going and I send best wishes to you.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Got the Job! Pay is weak! but it'll be 50x better than working at the bar... and I get tuition reimbursement!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! The pay might not be as high as the bar, BUT you will be in a better atmosphere AND you can take full advantage of the tuition reimbursement. Sounds GREAT to me!
Old 10-30-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I was cruising for about 4-5 weeks with no cravings or irritability or any AV etc. All of a sudden BAMMM! AV woke up from hibernation and is trying to derail me! Not going to give in ! NO WAY !! I've come too far !! Drinking is NOT an option for me! Thanks for listening everyone !
Thanks for the link, Chris. I bookmarked it as I think it is something I will want to refer to many times. The two most important things that stuck out to me at this time is that PAWS can last up to two days at a time, and that episodes can happen up to two years into recovery. At this point for me, I get the mood shifts, can't say for up to two days, more like twenty minutes, up and down. The tiredness is unbelievable. I got into bed last night to watch the World Series. The next thing I knew my dog Scooter and my cat Mr. Boomerang were both on the bed making noises in my ears - - it was after 6:00am!

Now that we know these symptoms can be expected and will pass, they will be easier to deal with. Thanks again.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats BBF
what a lovely cake and thought Chris

you can do this Sth
glad you feel better pink

Happy Halloween everyone - lets have a shockingly sober weekend!

D
Old 10-30-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
Has anyone heard from KNB or 1Step??
Neither one has checked in since Determined did the roll call earlier in the week. 1Step posted last weekend; I don't know when Knb last posted, but it has been a while. I hope they are both okay.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

There's a really good list of celebrities who choose sober living on Wikipedia.

It's under "list of teetotallers" if you want to google

Now, I am not a fan of the term "teetotaller" not sure why (?) but there are some interesting names on the list. From people who have publicly battled alcohol through to others who it's more of a life choice. For some I definitely thought "really? That's interesting"

Maybe one to have a look and see if there is a hero of yours? Or it might pass ten boring minutes for someone :-) At least two or three of my top famous people on there.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Very cool CHRIS!!!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Woohoo PINK!!! Way to rock it!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Interesting London. I think ill take a look! I have 10 min to kill tonight.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hi Team, today has really been a busy day for our group. I was happy to see how those of you suffering earlier in the day made it through, like Chris and Pink. Chris, those brownies looked YUMMY ! ! ! 80 Days!

I like the idea of having the hotel empty the mini-bar. 82 Days!

I had a busy day with my car check-up and making Halloween cupcakes at the library. It was well-organized - - there were model cupcakes, the kids chose what they wanted and went to that station. Another group had orange Bell peppers, cut to look like Jack-o-Lanterns and filled with something that looked like a dip ....really cute ideas.

I never celebrate my birthday with others on the day: it is one of the weird things I have about my privacy. I always want people to think I have something to do...weird, huh? - - tomorrow I am going to lunch with friends, and I am celebrating with my friend Bob on Saturday and my family on Sunday.

Today was my first birthday sober in many, many years. I must admit I am proud of that.

I am going to walk Scooter early and get in bed to read.

Last edited by ScooterBoo; 10-30-2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 10-30-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
Today was my first birthday sober in many, many years. I must admit I am proud of that..
Love this post! Glad you had a good birthday and your plans for tomorrow / weekend sound perfect. Of course you are not really celebrating on your own today as you have Team A and Scooter !

Many happy returns to you :-)
Old 10-30-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

BOO. Sounds like you had a great bday! So proud of you for stating sober today
Old 10-30-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you had a great birthday Scooter
Old 10-30-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Hey everyone.

Glad you were able to power through, pink and chris. And chris, love the brownies! That's awesome!!!

Bbf! Great job on the job! It's catching like a sickness around here.

Happy birthday, scooter!

I'm looking forward to Friday and a sober weekend. If any of those who are MIA are lurking, come back to us.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hey guys, just checking in. Thanks for the support.

I need to get my head straight in order to moving on. I realise now that after getting to 62 days the major things in my life hadn't changed. The start of it was good, new experiences, clear head etc. But fundamentally I was still spending too much time alone, staying home feeling miserable. I never filled the huge void left by alcohol.

Just to add, its crazy the amount of alcohol I can consume now; it's scary.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Administrator

so today's day one Captain?

D