Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 9

Old 10-10-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

2 weeks tomorrow rah! that's fantastic!!! glad you are well honey :-) enjoy the rest! xx
Old 10-10-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

well its taken me 20 years but I only went and sort of blimmin well did it, sort of.

the meeting was in the Rectory Stables which is in the deepest darkest corner of a church yard in the centre of a little chocolate box village in the middle of the Hampshire countryside. I timed it so I would get there bang on time so I could run in with everyone else and sit in a corner (should have taken your advice London) but then wandered about in the dark (no streetlights) for half an hour before I got the mobile out and used it's torch to illuminate a teeny weeny sign that said "Rectory Stables". By this time it was half hour after the meeting had started so I hung about for abit, then went back to the car and moved it closer (from the half mile away car park) and came back, then smoked some rollies, then thought "if I go home now I'll be wound up and frustrated and miserable company" so I hung around the door for abit, then went in and made a cup of tea and read "Sober Living" until the meeting broke up thinking that if I could meet one person and promise them I'd be back next week then I'd have to. So I did, guy called John, and I will.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hey team A. Checkin in, 2days . I know, flubbed up again...
Cute hunted me down, asked me to post. Thanks everyone for wondering how I've been doing. Oct class didn't feel right, but I really didn't give it a fair shot. Gonna keep on trying. That's all I've got. Glad everyone seems to be doing great. I'm way far behind you all, but still in the club. Missed everyone.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

dingodog, so good to see you! Hope you're ok and congrats on 2 days!! Glad you're back, we were missing you :-)
Old 10-10-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you DingoDog!

This isn't a competition. No judgements or comparisons here on number of day, ok? All that really matters is today. Keep posting!

Old 10-10-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
It's Friday!!!! I feel.like Friday should be renamed national AV day in this house!!! Hope you all have a great day, thinking of you all :-) time to slither out of bed and put the kettle on, I have fill day of studying at home ahead. Serious caffeine intake essential. First day home alone since quitting so this will delight the AV. Might need you guys today!!! Xxx much love xxx
Pink - How are you doing? I wasn't able to post before when I first read this. Hope you have a good sober night dear friend.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

good work Napster- the first meeting is a tough one to be sure. I've been to approx 5 so far and am just listening and taking it all in. I'm not sure if I'll be intensive into the steps or not. Currently am taking a holistic approach to staying sober. I am open-minded to all methods and trying to learn from every situation and conversation. For years I had all of the answers and actually mocked those who went to AA- now it is me and I am approaching it with as much humility and grace as I can muster. We obviously didn't have all of the answers or else we wouldn't be here. I'm in "whatever it takes" mode to stay sober.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Thanks friends.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Napster-----"so I hung around the door for abit, then went in and made a cup of tea and read "Sober Living"

I love that book. I have read it cover to cover at least 8x. (I even ripped the front cover off so that my teens wouldn't see what I was reading) The first time I read it, (two years ago),I couldn't even comprehend having fun or enjoying life sober. This time around, I know I have no choice and as I've posted previously, I'm ready this time. The switch has been flipped and if feels great.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I haven't read Sober Living. And I've read a lot of books!
Old 10-10-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Apple- the language and slang is old-fashioned and a bit corny (I think it was written in the 70's) but there is so much wisdom and sound advice in there. Pages I skipped over in the past suddenly jumped out at me this year. One of the most profound things that stayed with me was….(pardon my paraphrasing…) "alcoholism is a fatal disease that gets worse over time. While you may not be at the DT level of withdrawals or in a gutter, over time, we will all go downhill". If you get on a bus bound for a destination a thousand miles away, you will eventually get there". I realized, finally, that I was on that bus and the miles were piling up.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
Pink - How are you doing? I wasn't able to post before when I first read this. Hope you have a good sober night dear friend.
Hey grateful Thanks honey. Long, long day! AV has been singing in my ears but I am good! current score this Friday: Me-38, AV 0! Today I have won :-) I am tired now though, both consciously and subconsciously fighting it today has really taken it out of me.

hope you're ok chick xx
Old 10-10-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I have had a long day; I got stuck in traffic on the way to lunch and the way back, on the way to my neighbor's wake and on the way back. I am going to walk Scooter and go to bed. No AV today!

I hope everyone is doing well. Again, thank you for all your support this week.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Chris, Cute and everybody else on hitting a milestone today - not matter what it is

Have a great sober weekend all

D
Old 10-10-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hey Everybody! Just checking in. I'm in the middle of a Eerie, Indiana binge with my youngest kiddo.

Grateful, I'm planning on following your lead - posting, expressing outward instead of internalizing. You are a good role model! My writing is going pretty well! I don't expect to ever publish it, but it's a great distraction for the winter!

Cute-good had a dream about pumpkin spice gummy bears last night! I think it was your doing

Chris-60 days! Wooooooohoooooo!!!

Dingo, good to hear from you!

I'm on the app, so I will post more later. My son has noticed that I'm not paying attention and is giving me a play by play on the episode.

Happy sober weekend!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 days, Chris!!!

Scooter - the big day 57 tomorrow right?
Old 10-10-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hey Dingo!

I'm not exactly much ahead of you. Glad you made it back!

I've made it through Friday. Glad to be sober and natural.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Hey rah!

Glad to hear you're doing well. Keep it up!
Old 10-10-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TXAlchy2 View Post
Hey Dingo!

I'm not exactly much ahead of you. Glad you made it back!

I've made it through Friday. Glad to be sober and natural.
TXAlchy2 - You are doing great! Keep on doin what you are doing.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
I have had a long day; I got stuck in traffic on the way to lunch and the way back, on the way to my neighbor's wake and on the way back. I am going to walk Scooter and go to bed. No AV today!

I hope everyone is doing well. Again, thank you for all your support this week.
ScooterBoo - You are doing great...especially with all the very emotionally draining stuff going on in your life this week. You are helping me to get through my emotional roller coaster sober also.

...and have inspired me to buy a boatload of pretzel M&M's as an emergency stash

Hugs to you. You are a wonderful sister and a wonderful neighbor.

Your sister-in-law is the one with the problem...three years ago? really? no matter what was said that was a really long time ago and you even said you apologized.

Keep on keepin on! 57 days tomorrow!