Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 9

Old 10-09-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Congratulations ClearEyes on 50 days- great going!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Just a quick check in, anyone heard from Knb lately? Missing pinks' posts also...
Old 10-09-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

ClearEyes24- Great Work on 50! Fantastic!
Old 10-09-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

ClearEyes - congrats on 50 days! Whoo hoo!

Scooter - I'm sorry for everything going on, but proud of you for remaining sober and talking to us about things. That just stinks that you'll have a funeral this Saturday, Day 57. Can you please still celebrate for yourself, because that is an amazing accomplishment. Not only will you attend a funeral sober (think about how that could have gone with the drink...yuck!), maybe schedule a massage, or facial, or buy a nice floral centerpiece for your house. Something to acknowledge the hard work and your resilience. You deserve it.

I have a PM from knb. Girl, if you're reading, say hello, because you are dang missed!! You too, pink!

Let's start thinking about the weekend, Team. Apparently it's Columbus day weekend in the US, which I guess makes it a three-dayer. Kids are off school Monday.

Day 52 here..
Old 10-09-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Scooter, maybe this is a blessing in disguise for your brother. The breakup is not your fault. People like your soon to be ex sister in law love to place the blame on anyone but themselves. And people like you and me easily feel at fault. I'm so glad you stayed strong n sober!!!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Clear eyes 50 apple 52. Woot!!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penkins View Post
Day 3 down. Looking forward to another rough night. NOT.

Goodnight friends.
Yaaaaay penkins!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ultramarathoner View Post
ScooterBoo- My son and I are big Patriot's fans. He went to the Raider's gamen in Foxbourogh with my Brother in Law. I'm proud of how you are handling this situation and will keep you in my prayers.

Gratefull- It's said that more things are "caught" than "taught". The way you are- and will- handle your situation will be a life lesson to your children. They are blessed to have you as their Mom.

I found out today that someone a couple of houses down from me is running the 50k this Fall. So, I have one more person to talk to about best practices. The typical question I ask: "What do you know now that you wished you had known prior to the race?".

I'm approaching the run as I approach being alcohol free- by surrounding myself with a community of like minded achievers who share my philosophy and passion.
Ultra I drove past the signs for our city's yearly marathon yesterday and thought of you. Maybe I should shoot for it. I could do the half marathon in June then the full in october. It's been 2 years since I ran the half and I'm about 50 pounds overweight now.... it's good to have goals. I'll make a plan today!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Clear eyes- 50 days- wooooohooooooo!!!

Glandon has 2 months!! Great work!

Old 10-09-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Great job on 50, clear eyes!

Just. Checking in this morning. Full day of work and kids with the wife away.

Check in later
Old 10-09-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Great to see you ClearEyes !! and congratulations to all of you on your milestones!!
Today is day 59 for me. My wife and I are celebrating BIG tomorrow for the big 6-0 !! Going away for the weekend to celebrate under the tall Redwood trees of Northern California near the coast and the Russian River. Woo-hooo!!!!
Love you all !!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

BBF- your goal orientation, passion, and persistence is outstanding. You have plenty of time to train and I admire your spirit!

It is good to have goals. I was planning to run a 1/2 on the roads this month but I cancelled it after my layoff since I didn't think I could regain that type of stamina in time for the run.

Ironically, I told my wife this morning that I wanted to try to run 15 in the trails Saturday (I've never done over 10). I just realized the 1/2 I was scheduled to run will be on Saturday. Perhaps subconsciously I was committed to achieving the goal all along.

There is a quote in my home office that says, "Believe, Dream, and Will and Mighty Forces will Come to your Aid." I'm looking forward to hearing about your training!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

thank you Ultra,1ststep, Apple, Cali,Tx, Choobie, BFF and Dee--means a lot.

Scooter- hang in there! You can do this.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Great to see you ClearEyes !! and congratulations to all of you on your milestones!!
Today is day 59 for me. My wife and I are celebrating BIG tomorrow for the big 6-0 !! Going away for the weekend to celebrate under the tall Redwood trees of Northern California near the coast and the Russian River. Woo-hooo!!!!
Love you all !!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic! You have found, embraced, and gone "all in" on approach which is certainly working for you. Congratulations!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

BBF-I like it! Training for a half, then a whole is impressive and worthwhile!

Apple- Hmmm...this weekend. I have to work a bit, but I think it will be dedicated to making Halloween costumes, making squash soup and apple bread, and picking some pumpkins.

Napster, these Brits on our thread that are attending AA are doing sooooo well. Please tell us how it went for you-can't wait to hear about it!

Scooter-please don't feel guilty because you tried to stick up for your brother when he got walked on-once...3 years ago. Abusive people don't like their behavior called into question. But we do it anyway. I'm so glad you are sharing with us! I think attending a sober funeral and supporting your neighbor is a great way to celebrate 57 days, really-it's a good way to honor life. Don't forget to honor yourself, though, as well.

I spent my 2 month anniversary in the dentist's chair, and it wasn't really so bad. I only have one cavity in a wisdom tooth, so, once again, reality is much less scary than my fear of it.

You know, I was thinking about our topic a few days ago-about having that moment of clarity and making the commitment to never drink again. Ultimately, I think, while we do end up coming to this conclusion and making a true commitment, I don't think that decision has to be made prior to getting sober. Back in 2006, I finally realized that the solution to my problem was to quit drinking. A few months later, I realized the solution to quitting drinking wasn't wanting to, but to actually do it. Then, once I quit, and kept at it, and got more days under my belt, I found the clarity to truly be able to make that promise to myself. I was sober for 5 years, and I was the best version of Choobie, and the happiest, and most fulfilled period of my life so far.

This time around, I've certainly proven to myself that my alcoholism progresses with or without me drinking. I can't reverse the process, I can't become a "normal" drinker. The only way out is to never take another sip. I didn't know that the first time around. Now, there is no way I want to forget it! But remembering that it's today that matters is just as important as remembering my life long commitment. Today I don't drink. Relentless forward progress.

And now I'm off to the candy store!

Last edited by Choobie; 10-09-2014 at 08:41 AM. Reason: pesky pronoun
Old 10-09-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Ultramarathoner;4944816]ScooterBoo- My son and I are big Patriot's fans. He went to the Raider's gamen in Foxbourogh with my Brother in Law. I'm proud of how you are handling this situation and will keep you in my prayers.

I like going to Fenway Park, but not Guillette - - too crazy and cold for me!

Thank you for your prayers - they are much needed at this time.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
ClearEyes - congrats on 50 days! Whoo hoo!

Scooter - I'm sorry for everything going on, but proud of you for remaining sober and talking to us about things. That just stinks that you'll have a funeral this Saturday, Day 57. Can you please still celebrate for yourself, because that is an amazing accomplishment. Not only will you attend a funeral sober (think about how that could have gone with the drink...yuck!), maybe schedule a massage, or facial, or buy a nice floral centerpiece for your house. Something to acknowledge the hard work and your resilience. You deserve it.

I have a PM from knb. Girl, if you're reading, say hello, because you are dang missed!! You too, pink!

Let's start thinking about the weekend, Team. Apparently it's Columbus day weekend in the US, which I guess makes it a three-dayer. Kids are off school Monday.

Day 52 here..
Thanks, Apple. I had really planned to celebrate Day 57 - - certainly not worried sick about my brother at an old friend's funeral!

I would love to hear from knb, Pink and DingoDog, too !
Old 10-09-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Scooter, maybe this is a blessing in disguise for your brother. The breakup is not your fault. People like your soon to be ex sister in law love to place the blame on anyone but themselves. And people like you and me easily feel at fault. I'm so glad you stayed strong n sober!!!
Thank you. SHe is a mean, miserable thing, and unfortunately , BECAUSE I HAD HAD A FEW DRINKS, argued with her THREE YEARS AGO!!!!

And, now she won't stop reminding my brother that he did not stand up for her like a "real husband" would have. Maybe it is also a blessing in disguise that they do not live around here!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Love you all !!!!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful time! YOU DESERVE THE BEST! You have been WONDERFUL to me in my time of despair.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

2 months, or 60 days, for me TODAY! *****!

I am glad I made it, and I cannot wait to hit 90 days!

Also, semi-related, I finished Phase One of my IOP program yesterday- I 'graduate' to Phase Two on Monday. I am just super glad I made it through 'something', and did pretty well throughout.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Totally (okay, maybe a little?) I had two different dreams that I drank last night (I didn't), and was worried I would have to 'reset' my 'sobriety date'. I'm not one that, frankly, thinks a person with tons and tons of sobriety under their belt (months, years, whatever) gets to/has to 'reset' it after 1 night of slipping, but maybe my Dream-Mind doesn't agree? lol.