Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 6

Old 09-15-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
nice crib London! glad you're having a better day :-) im still tittering to myself about Tesco, I keep wondering about the conversations she's having with her family about it right now!
Ha ha ha. Like "ooooh, you never guess what happened to ME in Tesco's today, I have never heard such language in the meat and fish aisle"
Old 09-15-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hobbers - ouch!! I can't imagine. Good job though!!

Glandon - 38 days, wowsers! Well done, friend. That situation would have been hard for me!!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
Hey all.

I feel a little saner today thanks to AA and SR. Tough couple of days. My sponsor gave me a good talking to around patience, taking things slowly and the days of me attempting to control others being long gone. Acceptance and a day at a time is key. Best foot forward!

Loving the milestones and the progress today.

I changed the Avatar. Sorry Knb, I will bring back Big Ben later on, for now I thought I would break my anonymity and use a picture of my house in London. He he.
Must take you days to mow that lawn lol
Old 09-15-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

had a slight lapse of sanity today and actually shouted out loud at my AV whilst in Tesco. Before I even realised I was saying it out loud, I said slightly too loud, 'look, just **** off already!'. A lady looked at me, and I was so mortified that I laughed. and then I realised the whole thing was quite ridiculous and that made me laugh harder. This meant that the lady kept looking at me. I said to her 'I do apologise, there is a small chance I may be going crazy' and continued shopping. She followed me for about 20 minutes. hilarious. what the hell is happening to me?! however, I walked down the wine aisle, picked up a bottle of wine, put it back and walked away feeling very in control. I may just talk to the AV more often! (maybe not in public)!
Ha ha I would have been there by your side shouting at your AV too! " yeah tell it to eff off girlfriend. Too right"
Old 09-15-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
Ha ha ha. Like "ooooh, you never guess what happened to ME in Tesco's today, I have never heard such language in the meat and fish aisle"
literally laughing out loud now. even funnier, I was wearing my work badge, which very clearly states 'psychiatric nurse' she must think I was a proper fruit loop, would absolutely LOVE to run into her again, Im definitely going shopping next Monday wearing something ridiculous and I will find her! Just imagine if I get to work tomorrow, go into my first clinic session, and its her that walks in, to see me, her newly assigned psychiatric nurse!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good night all. It's been a day and I could have easily drank tonight. Had the perfect"excuse" to do so but I haven't.
Speak tomorrow
Old 09-15-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

literally laughing out loud now. even funnier, I was wearing my work badge, which very clearly states 'psychiatric nurse' she must think I was a proper fruit loop, would absolutely LOVE to run into her again, Im definitely going shopping next Monday wearing something ridiculous and I will find her! Just imagine if I get to work tomorrow, go into my first clinic session, and its her that walks in, to see me, her newly assigned psychiatric nurse!!!
Ha ha stop it Pink. It's too much
  # 68 (permalink)  

I like the giraffe by the way. Almost as cute as my cat :-)
  # 69 (permalink)  

night KNB, you could've, but you didn't, well done you :-) see you tomorrow x
Old 09-15-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

night guys sleep tite, sweet sober dreams to you all xxx
Old 09-15-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Good night all. It's been a day and I could have easily drank tonight. Had the perfect"excuse" to do so but I haven't.
Speak tomorrow
That's really good though Knb, you spotted the excuse and acted to stop it getting to you. Hope you have a restful sleep, and you will wake up sober, yeah!
Old 09-15-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Well done Knb. Way to smack that AV down!!
Old 09-15-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Loving the Tesco story Pink!

Had ok day today, was on a big high last night but life seemed flat again today, ups and downs of recovery I guess?

Went to my nearest AA meeting tonight, haven't been to this one for a few weeks and its not one Im too keen on, but made the effort and got some good things out of it but just didn't feel too sociable and didn't share.

Goodnight team, hope to feel more positive tomorrow....
Old 09-15-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Fantastic team! So many are about the same sober dates. That's what makes the team so strong as we are encountering the same AV phases at roughly the same time.

Thanks for the what I don't miss posts! Wow, do I see myself in all of them. Nobody mentioned waking up in a wet bed, I will take that credit for that rather classy move on several occasions... Wow, alcohol is just such a pretty thing isn't it!!

Good job for letting it pass knb. Onward and upward. We are simply non drinkers.

I have another work event with happy our tomorrow. I am learning to embrace these a little more as opportunities to build sober muscles and let folks know I don't drink. I am more than willing to face the dumb questions as I know way too much about alcohol for them to make me feel like I am missing something.

Alcohol gets most people in the long run. It is not the glamorous fun little friend we were sold on is it?

Love you guys, all the posts are so inspiring. And some funny as heck pink!
Old 09-15-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi!

Pink! That's so funny. Makes me want to start talking to my av out loud throughout the day.

Welcome back from the Alps glandon

Happy early b day cute!

Penkins ♡ I can totally relate. I'm not good enough in the eyes of other people. So i don't talk, unless I'm completely comforable... sure...that they like me or approve of me...or if im drunk. But the truth of of it is, Freezing if i don't fit into their mold of what a person should be is a waste of life. I need to stop being afraid of being me.

I'm in for the night had some ghost pepper boneless wings. So spicy and good. The hotter the better in my world

Dingo. Hugs! Sorry you are feeling down. What's something you love doing just for you?
Old 09-15-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thnx blackbird! I get being afraid of being me.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey All! I started reading and thanking folks for their posts then realized I should probably reintroduce myself first.

This is the poster formerly known as GraceCathedral (I promise!). The name change today was based on my decision to run a 50k(ish) / 32 mile trail race next Fall. The furthest trail race I've completed has been a 10k and I've run 13 on the roads. So, this will take some work and commitment.

For me, this begins with driving the idea into my subconscious and "seeing" myself as an Ultra Marathoner (my heart just beat a little faster as I wrote that). Since I try to check in daily- my new name will reinforce the way I'm trying to see myself- and the goal for which I will ultimately accomplish.

I'm really enjoying watching the evolution of the team and as always- look forward to celebrating the tremendous successes (just under a different name)!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

50 k!!!! Holy moly. Wow!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
50 k!!!! Holy moly. Wow!
I can be pretty obsessive at times (just ask my wife, who is a bonafied saint)!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

50K? Oh my sweet goodness!! I walk a 5K and I'm SPENT! haha good for u!