Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 6

Old 09-15-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Well done on getting a month sober guys!! If you can do it that long, you can keep doing it, it's working!!

The thing I'm glad to see the back of is most likely the immense fear I used to get when I sobered up, at my worst I really was so scared to even leave the house or answer the door unless I was drunk. What an awful way to live, it's amazing to have freedom now and not be hid away.

Today has been good, I've got some more leads on work but nothing has quite materialized yet. I got to take my nephews swimming for the first time ever which was really great, they're such sweet kids. Gonna chill, eat and watch tv/a movie tonight and then gonna spend a good chunk of tomorrow with my sponsor. It's a great life sober!

Dingo hang in there, is there anything in particular troubling you or are you generally just down at the moment? I'm very up and down myself but doing ok right now.

Guys you're all great, I'm honestly so happy that we're all doing so well, lots of power to you all!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

ScooterBoo! Ill trade ya.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brach123 View Post
Well done on getting a month sober guys!! If you can do it that long, you can keep doing it, it's working!!

The thing I'm glad to see the back of is most likely the immense fear I used to get when I sobered up, at my worst I really was so scared to even leave the house or answer the door unless I was drunk. What an awful way to live, it's amazing to have freedom now and not be hid away.

Today has been good, I've got some more leads on work but nothing has quite materialized yet. I got to take my nephews swimming for the first time ever which was really great, they're such sweet kids. Gonna chill, eat and watch tv/a movie tonight and then gonna spend a good chunk of tomorrow with my sponsor. It's a great life sober!

Dingo hang in there, is there anything in particular troubling you or are you generally just down at the moment? I'm very up and down myself but doing ok right now.

Guys you're all great, I'm honestly so happy that we're all doing so well, lots of power to you all!
Brach, I do have a lot on my plate right now, maybe its that, or I don't know why I'm feeling so low today. Thanks for asking though.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hope your day gets better DingoDog!

Treat yourself: a bath, a candle, time to just watch something funny, a nice cuppa tea...

I know you are dealing with a lot and it is also part of PAWS.

Hang in there!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good afternoon team. Dealing with this heat again but thankfully it gets down to mid 80s by Friday. Bday is Sunday. I was actually 'sober' last year on my bday so I'm sure I'll be ok. Normally just a family dinner nowadays. No parties. There are so many people doing so well! Glad to see u got more leads on Jobs Brach. Have faith. Took me a while but I finally landed one. Still waiting on background checks :/ and the actual start date is a month away but feels good knowing I have it coming. I wanna make sure I'm sober and feeling good day 1. I had a drinking dream last night. It was so real! Felt so good to wake up and realize it was just that..a dream. Ok I'm rambling now. Hugs to all! Stay Strong!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

had a slight lapse of sanity today and actually shouted out loud at my AV whilst in Tesco. Before I even realised I was saying it out loud, I said slightly too loud, 'look, just **** off already!'. A lady looked at me, and I was so mortified that I laughed. and then I realised the whole thing was quite ridiculous and that made me laugh harder. This meant that the lady kept looking at me. I said to her 'I do apologise, there is a small chance I may be going crazy' and continued shopping. She followed me for about 20 minutes. hilarious. what the hell is happening to me?! however, I walked down the wine aisle, picked up a bottle of wine, put it back and walked away feeling very in control. I may just talk to the AV more often! (maybe not in public)!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Dingo I hope things level out for you soon, I don't know how I'm going to feel from one day to the next but am trying to keep optimistic. Like grateful said maybe do something nice that you enjoy? be gentle with yourself, you're doing great.

Thanks cute I'm hopeful something will come up soon, just gotta be patient! I wish I had the Cali heat right now, I love the sun.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

PinkLinz- That rocked, and made me smile!

36 days in here! I have IOP later today. Made it through the weekend, and a friggin' KIDNEY STONE to boot, without drinking, or even taking a pain pill (prescribed or not). I gotta say- that felt like a nice (small) victory for me.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

fantastic hobbers, see how strong you really are? great victory :-)
Old 09-15-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Pink- Just missed you on Chat! Darn! (come back?)
Old 09-15-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

hobbers am back on chat!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi All,
I've been AWOL for the last few weeks. I joined this group in mid- August then a week or so later, took off for a cycling trip in Switzerland with some buddies. Even though beers and wines flowed abundantly at lunches and dinners, by the graces of God, I wasn't slightly tempted. I am now 38 days AF. I had really spotty internet connections in the Alps, so I wasn't able to keep up with everyone's progress and news. So, I plan to spend some time reading the posts (man, you folks have been prolific) and catching up. Nice to be back!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

wow 38 days glandon, and in front of all that temptation too!!! well done. 18 days for me. nice to meet you!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Ah pink that Tescos tale really made me laugh! I can just see the persons face when you said it. Ha ha ha. Good work though. I may try this too!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Ouch Hobbers! I've heard kidney stones are horrible. Glad you are ok.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey all.

I feel a little saner today thanks to AA and SR. Tough couple of days. My sponsor gave me a good talking to around patience, taking things slowly and the days of me attempting to control others being long gone. Acceptance and a day at a time is key. Best foot forward!

Loving the milestones and the progress today.

I changed the Avatar. Sorry Knb, I will bring back Big Ben later on, for now I thought I would break my anonymity and use a picture of my house in London. He he.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks Brach and Grateful. Yesterday I was up most of the day, today it seems all bleak and dreary. Such is life I suppose. I will make it.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

nice crib London! glad you're having a better day :-) im still tittering to myself about Tesco, I keep wondering about the conversations she's having with her family about it right now!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dingodog View Post
Feeling really sad and discouraged today . Hate these down days. Trying to remain positive, its really hard today for some reason. Hope my emotions even out soon. Have a good day team.
Hey dingo. Stay strong. That'll be the pesky AV hiding behind emotions and trying to confuse you. Take it easy, hope you can do something nice for yourself today.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

stay strong dingo, you're not alone here :-)