Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 3

Old 08-30-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I'd never thought of tomato juice!!

I've been sipping on coconut water with a splash of juice, too.

I have this vision of juicing, someday - like a big blender with lots of veggies including kale which I'm not even sure if I like. Lol!
Applekat, juicing is wonderful. In one of my previous sober periods, I started juicing and just love it. It gave me so much energy, and I looked and felt fantastic! Check amazon, they have some really good ones priced reasonably.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
dingodog; You got me hooked on tomato juice! lol. Its low calorie and sooo filling. I add a dash of Worcester sauce and tobacco sauce. Its perfect as a snack.

Thanks for that :-)
Your quite welcome! I drink v8 alot.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
morning all.

first weekend for me, and first outing with my friends tonight (dinner), which used to be the perfect occasion to have a bottle of wine (or 2..) and then a few beers (.. or 6).

resolve is strong, so bring on the coca cola! Already looking forward to not feeling like death tomorrow...

a bit worried about any comments, although that's all me, not them.

i'm also quitting smoking at the same time, which seems to lend itself as a "good reason" to not be drinking. it's strange how quitting one seems to be somehow more accepted than the other...
Leeloo I quit smoking along with drinking too. I'd never be able to quit smoking if I were still drinking. It's been 18 days I think. my lungs are thanking me. Best of luck on your outing w friends today.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

I quit smoking about ten years ago. One of the best things I have ever done.

Bad habits such as drinking and smoking use to be cool in my twenties. Now I want rid of them. I wish I had been one of these people who never drank nor smoked but I guess I am a very addictive person...

Anyway. Work is over and in three hours I am out with a drinking buddy. We are off to the pub to listen to a Lionel Richie Tribute. I intend to stay sober but I know my friend will be drinking heavily. Will be interesting if we get on. We usually get plastered together so this will be the first time we are not on the same page.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, finally caught up to the end of the thread...phew, took days, lol.

I am on day 10 and av has kinda started with a vengeance. Keep trying to remind myself if how I will feel tomorrow but av is so strong. Really don't want to let everyone down especially my husband xxx
Old 08-30-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crazyfairy View Post
Hi everyone, finally caught up to the end of the thread...phew, took days, lol.

I am on day 10 and av has kinda started with a vengeance. Keep trying to remind myself if how I will feel tomorrow but av is so strong. Really don't want to let everyone down especially my husband xxx
AV is strong but you are stronger. Hang in there crazyfairy!
Old 08-30-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Thanks bblackbirdflyy,

Am gonna try and stay strong. Just ate a whole pizza (in 5 minutes flat!) and av is a bit quieter xx
Old 08-30-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Wow you guys are sounding a real healthy bunch with these juices, I've always drank too much cola when sober, but it really gets sickly so I'm gonna give some smoothies or something a go.

I'm jealous of who ever is off to the beach or living in a sunny place, it's miserable here today, but I'm sober and feeling very happy to be so!
Old 08-30-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crazyfairy View Post
Hi everyone, finally caught up to the end of the thread...phew, took days, lol. I am on day 10 and av has kinda started with a vengeance. Keep trying to remind myself if how I will feel tomorrow but av is so strong. Really don't want to let everyone down especially my husband xxx

Knb and I are on day 10 as well. Stick with us!!! You got this.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Day 12 and getting ready for the Labor Day party tonight.
AV started as a whisper while grocery shopping today. Now I totally notice all the television ads, radio ads, etc that say "pack your cooler and grab some cold ones/boxed wine/margarita mix and make it a Labor Day never to forget!" Argh. If I did that, I WOULD forget!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Crazy fairy and applekat, my AV has been going wild for a couple of hours. I worked out hard this morning.. 4 miles- jogged 2 and walked 2. It may not be much to some, but I ran a mile straight for the first time in my LIFE just 2 months ago. I'm 43! So 2 miles it's like a 1/2 marathon for me!! Anyway, Those thoughts of "deserving" a drink are creeping in
I'm feeling unsettled.. Things to do but don't really know where to start. Typical weekend feelings for me, but combined with a three day weekend and the possibility that my daughter will not be home tonight- it's a dangerous combination.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

hey forabetterlife I hope you can stay strong, I'm sure you know that a drink doesn't make anything better and the feelings you are experiencing will pass in no time. Every time I have drunk after being sober I have massively regretted it, if you get through tonight sober you will be so grateful come the morning, trust me and you can do it no problem. All the best to you! Have you got any good plans to keep you occupied or other things you can put in place to do to keep you entertained and content?
Old 08-30-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hey #TeamAugust!

If the AV is strong today, don't even engage with it. Just shut it down. It is extremely clever and will most likely win if you try to argue with it. Stay hydrated, eat good food, rest and have those delish NA drinks in your hand...especially if you are around people drinking.

I love "keep your eyes on the prize"...we have so much to gain if we can stay sober today.

Enjoy your sober (holiday in the states) weekend!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, good luck with the Lionel Ritchie tribute thing Knb, try and enjoy it.

Also, all the best with Labor day to all American friends here, I found last bank holiday weekend over here in UK tough but got through it by staying close to this class and AA.

Well done on the mile forabetterlife, Id struggle to do half that right now! Used to be super fit playing football all the time but now apart from work I don't do exercise, Im not overweight but just out of practice- the only time Ive ran in the last few years was to the bar when last orders were called!!!! Thinking of starting a weights regime next week.

Days been ok, went to a meeting last night and this morning and went for a coffee with a guy from the meeting afterwards, got some shopping but on way home went to pub nearest my home don't know why but I got a huge satisfaction ordering a mineral water, drank it and left- need to watch out for this becoming a habit though.

Its just a side of my character that feels the need to show people in there that I don't drink anymore- crazy really because no-one batted an eyelid or even mentioned it!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Well put brach! My AV hit super hard team, I actually picked up beer for my other half and even put it in the fridge, bottles clanking and cold and inviting.

I then thought, this is kind of like thinking you want to date someone you keep breaking up with and seeing them again. You immediately remember the good things, and you try it again. Within ten minutes you remember why you left them!! Alcohol is like that team, we broke up for a reason!!!

Don't let it romanticize you and don't fall for the lies. Holiday weekend, so what. Be different, be strong, be the person that drinkers secretly envy at a party. I always did as I hated it toward the end but didn't know what to do. Now I do. I make a plan to go running in the morning and enjoy simply chillin without the poison and the drama.

Eye on the prize a-team!
Old 08-30-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Great post and great relationship analogy Determined!
Old 08-30-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

At party. Harder than I thought....and I already thought it was gonna be hard.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

You got this Applekat. Keep posting and drinking your bubbly water.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Stay strong Applekat and think of how satisfying waking up tomorrow sober and hangover free will be. You can do this, and getting through it will make your sobriety even stronger.

'Even if we are not present, in our hearts we are with you' (Living Sober) and in this class we are, all the best. x
Old 08-30-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

(((AppleKat))) Enjoy your refreshing NA drink and think of how good you are taking care of yourself.

Can you spend some time with the kids or take a walk away from the "party" for a few minutes?

You got this. Reread your post about last year's Labor Day Weekend. If you don't drink today then tomorrow you will have no regrets and will feel so great about yourself for getting through this.

As Determined says..."Eyes on the Prize"!