Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 3

Old 07-30-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by petals View Post
I made it to bed time! Off to bed and nooooo wine! Whoop whoop me...feeling pleased, just a bit scared in case it gets me at a later date? Xx
Bravo to you Petal!
Just got home from work (...I have to work a large part of the night to finish my project) and when I opened the fridge I saw that my husband had purchased a box of white wine.... I walked upstairs in my office and cried. Stupid to be so emotional but it's the way it's going today. I'm strong and I won't touch that box. I don't have it in me to ask him not to buy wine for a while, in his mind I'm just being good and taking a break like I do sometimes... I haven't told him that I mean to be this good forever. .. I think I will have too...
Old 07-30-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I made it to bed time! Off to bed and nooooo wine! Whoop whoop me...feeling pleased, just a bit scared in case it gets me at a later date? Xx
Bravo to you Petals!
Just got home from work (...I have to work a large part of the night to finish my project) and when I opened the fridge I saw that my husband had purchased a box of white wine.... I walked upstairs in my office and cried. Stupid to be so emotional but it's the way it's going today. I'm strong and I won't touch that box. I don't have it in me to ask him not to buy wine for a while, in his mind I'm just being good and taking a break like I do sometimes... I haven't told him that I mean to be this good forever. .. I think I will have too...
Old 07-30-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hey guys, joining up on day two ��
Old 07-30-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Oh I'm joining this very late. I quit on the 7th

That was a pretty horrible day though. Hospital visit with withdrawals for IV benzo.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

One week sober today. Feeling a new kind of happiness inside this time around. Just wish I could sleep.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Great job petals!!! Sleep well
Old 07-30-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Welcome Animalnurse and Imabuleva. You joined a great group with lots of support!

Congrats to all of the milestones reached today. For those who stumbled, get right back up and keep on fighting. Hope everyone stays strong tonight!

Nite all
Old 07-30-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I told you it was a good thing Mr F
Eyes got it right
It means you're funny, goofy, a little out there...it's a good thing
welcome Gladious, AnuimalNurse and Ima

D
Old 07-30-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

So depressed today. Just felt like drinking to take the pain away. I didn't & I won't but my dog needs a $1500 operation :-( so much money needed for bills already
Old 07-30-2014, 09:33 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Finishing up day three (check my join date) after many tries. I feel committed, and am actually very committed to quitting..it has just been hard.

Today I felt great, but this afternoon I became extremely tired. I'm a little afraid I might have something wrong with me, but I'm gonna just stick it out.

My daughter has asked us to go to karaoke tomorrow night, and I'm going to decline saying I haven't been feeling well--which I haven't. Repetitive binges have a way of doing that.

Anyhow...I'm glad you're all here. This will, of course, be hard.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:00 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think both you guys are making great decisions.
Hope you both feel better soon

Prayers for your dog Kahlia.

D
Old 07-30-2014, 11:31 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, my July friends.

Unbelievable, but I slipped big time yesterday, again consumed some ridiculous amount of food, and on Day 1 again.

It's the last day of July today. And I am not leaving July class!!!!

And I won't let my free of eating binge life go any more!!!

See you all later.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:31 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gladiolus View Post
Bravo to you Petals!
Thank you gladiolus. I too haven't told hubby so he keeps getting drink in... makes it tricky it calls to me from the fridge! But am a bit hesitant about telling him yet. We must keep strong.xx
Old 07-30-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Kahlia - Sorry about your dog and unexpected expenses. I am dealing with financial mess right now, and perfectly understand what a huge stress extra expenses are.

But no way drinking will help. So, stay strong! Sending you hugs)
Old 07-31-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Petals and gladiolus, having booze in the house would be too tempting for me. It only takes that split second decision in a weak moment and it'll be in your hand. Get rid!!
Sorry you're feeling down Kabila, just think of the money you're saving already. Hope your dog is ok x
Mb I'm sorry you're struggling it must be so difficult as we can't completely abstain from food
Hi deanya, sleep will come and it'll be the best sleep imaginable..just wait and see
Struggling a bit today, think I'm going to be on here a lot more than usual!
Stay strong everybody
Old 07-31-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you can do this MB

D
Old 07-31-2014, 01:44 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning from the UK, everyone!

Welcome, Gladiolus, animalnurse9 and Imabuleva. Great to have you on board.

Kahlia, sorry about your dog.

MidnightBlue, sorry to hear you're struggling with your eating. I know you can beat this, though. (hug)

Petals, yay you, that's another day done. Onwards and upwards! Hope your dad is doing OK.

Hello to everyone else! *waves* I love reading about how everyone is doing.

I'm still doing great. I've not been troubled by any cravings, but don't want to get complacent as I'm aware it might happen down the line. I just feel though that I've finally seen alcohol for what it is, a big bad illusion, and I can't unsee that now......I hope that feeling lasts.

Got some paperwork to do this morning so better get off and get started.

Happy sober Thursday, everyone.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, my July friends.

Unbelievable, but I slipped big time yesterday, again consumed some ridiculous amount of food, and on Day 1 again.

It's the last day of July today. And I am not leaving July class!!!!

And I won't let my free of eating binge life go any more!!!

See you all later.
Have u had a chance to read the PDF hunni xxx
Old 07-31-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Thank you everyone for your beautiful words. I've been doing some research & gonna try natural therapy for buster first as his leg has gotten bad in the cold. He needs socks but he's a magician & can get outta anything. Didn't drink :-) 1st tomorrow my first 3 year relationship. Treating myself to a massage & movie & while bernies away my big boofy boys can have a bath & sleep with mummy lol remind me to vacuum Sunday morning lol. I had a binge food day today aswell but feel fine as we have to forgive ourselves when we stuff up. I didn't stuff up I craved KFC and a dam well got it & it was great :-) learning to reward myself with what I want xxx
Old 07-31-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Welcome to the people who have just joined X