Class of July 2014 Part 3

Old 07-29-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah I think if you wake up one day and you are dead you're having a bad day
Old 07-29-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
Yeah I think if you wake up one day and you are dead you're having a bad day
I would have to agree that would be one BAD day!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi everybody in the class of July, 2014. My sober date is July 6th, so a little over three weeks. I am really looking forward to one month and especially to day 38 as 37 days is the longest I have gone sober with the exception of being pregnant. I am so tired and depressed but I am keeping on. I am exercising and eating well and hoping for the day when I can check back in to report how good I feel. I have been a daily drinker for so long that I think my whole brain needs to be rewired and I fear it may take a while. Julyers- I hope we are all here together to celebrate 30, 60 and 90 days. Right now I can't think too far ahead of that. It is sort of unfathomable to think of myself being sober long term. But being here and reading all the posts give me hope.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I haven't posted since early last week because I was a little ashamed to admit that I had gave in and drank again. But I am on day 6 and would like to jump back on.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good luck hockey guy.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome back deanya. No judgement here. Congratulations on day 6
Old 07-29-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulLiving View Post
Welcome back deanya. No judgement here. Congratulations on day 6
Couldn't agree more. The worst part of shame is how it makes us hide and think we're literally unworthy of love and life. You're out of hiding and that means you're stronger than the shame! Yay you. 6 days is a great thing.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you. That means alot!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hello again, everyone

Deanyya, sorry to hear you had a slip, I'm really glad you jumped back on with us!

Noexcuse, well done you on the weight loss, and glad you're feeling better.

HockeyGuy, I hope the wedding goes well for you. I think antibiotics is a fine 'excuse' for the moment, until you feel ready to share with your family.

Good to see folks doing well.

I've had a good day, quite a busy one out and about, and am feeling great. All I feel is total relief at not having to drink again, I'm really hoping that continues indefinitely. The quit drinking book I read last week, by Jason Vale, really got that feeling into my head, and the feeling that I'm missing nothing by not drinking.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deanyya View Post
I haven't posted since early last week because I was a little ashamed to admit that I had gave in and drank again. But I am on day 6 and would like to jump back on.
Hi Deanya, just keep coming back no matter what! Day 6 is great X
Old 07-29-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Class, haven't been on here as much the last couple of days I've had my head stuck in the book Terry by McGovern as recommended by our fabulous MrFixit here I've got to totally second his recommendation, this book has just chased my AV out of the country and it was so scared it didn't even make a whimper! Terrifying heartbreaker story , you can download it from Amazon if you've got a reading device. Peace X
Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by Peacehappyness View Post
Hi Class, haven't been on here as much the last couple of days I've had my head stuck in the book Terry by McGovern as recommended by our fabulous MrFixit here I've got to totally second his recommendation, this book has just chased my AV out of the country and it was so scared it didn't even make a whimper! Terrifying heartbreaker story , you can download it from Amazon if you've got a reading device. Peace X
What's the title of it, Peace? I'll check it out
Old 07-29-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Lumpy it is called Terry written by George McGovern
Old 07-29-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Peace once I started reading that book I couldn't put it down and it scared and saddened me at the same time
Old 07-29-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
Lumpy it is called Terry written by George McGovern
Thank you, Fixy
Old 07-29-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

There is a documentary on youtube called drugged high on alcohol that I recommend people to watch it will scare you sober
Old 07-29-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I wish I could find a pdf version of both of these books that awholenewlife and MrFixit are talking about right now!
Old 07-29-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noexcuse View Post
I wish I could find a pdf version of both of these books that awholenewlife and MrFixit are talking about right now!
Hey noexcuse,

I don't know if you saw it in the last part of the thread as I mentioned it there, but my book is called "Kick the Drink....Easily" by Jason Vale. Just in case you missed the title when I mentioned it last week. I purchased it from Amazon, I'm pretty sure the book is available in the US too, may be wrong though.

Edit: Vale has a couple of controversial ideas which may not be for everyone. Also, he doesn't really go into the importance of proper detox for those who need it, if I recall correctly. But for my situation I've found it immensely helpful.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, July friends)

I am ashamed to admit another slip. And today is my Day 2 free of binge-eating.

But I've finally taken time to analyze my mistakes and take actions. Not "putting actions away" - ready or not, I am moving forward.

I've made for myself a list of things to do when cravings hit me.

I will add more and more actions to this list, but I have my "emergency kit" for now.

I've subdivided my binge-cravings "by degree".

- I binge when fear paralyzes me;
- I binge when I am suffering from "light or mild" anxiety.
- I overeat when I am suffering from some "stupid anxiety" and impatiency, like when my laptop freezes and I am freaking out and rushing to fridge and eat mindlessly;

I have to break and rewire neuron paths that make me eat mindlessly and respond to almost every life issues - from tiniest to major - with eating and silencing my worry with food.

As "crazy" as it sound, sometimes I just need to keep my hands busy to stop this signal that goes from my brain to my muscles.

So, I know, that sometimes when I am thinking about something, about the solution for some problem, a feel like I need to do something mindlessly, make some movement.

I am doing meditation, but it takes some time for it to become a habit.

So for now I have to occupy myself with something "mindless but more useful" if it makes sense.

And I found e-book about how to learn to draw. Now I am keeping paper and pencil nearby and start drawing instead of chewing. .

I am also doing some squats to "work out" my cravings.

I've also noticed that I have to re-learn how to eat properly and slowly instead of swallowing food.

So, that's the beginning of my strategy.

Everyday I will put something more on my list, and will post it here.

My best wishes to all Juliers.

Stay strong! Stay sober!

See you later)
Old 07-29-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

thanks for the recommendations... just been online to the big shop and got them both...lucky i bought a second hand kindle recently!xx