Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 3

Old 07-28-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of July 2014 Part 3

our last part was here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

for those who don't know what happens at the end of every month, this thread moves to the Daily Support forum, so that the new current monthly thread (for all those quitting in August) can take its place here.

You guys don't have to do anything - I'll move the thread and put in a redirect link here

flag me down if you have any questions

D
Old 07-29-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am awake way too early today.
Everything checked out at the doctor good yesterday I do have a cataract in my driver side eye (( left )) but it can wait a while he said so I was real happy about the news
Old 07-29-2014, 01:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats terrific news Mr F.

I think maybe everyone else got lost lol

D
Old 07-29-2014, 01:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 15 here
Old 07-29-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations needinghelp

D
Old 07-29-2014, 02:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Great to read about everyone doing well!

That's great news, Mr Fixit!

I'm good here still. Had a fantastic night's sleep and feeling refreshed.

I'll check back in again later. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
I am awake way too early today.
Everything checked out at the doctor good yesterday I do have a cataract in my driver side eye (( left )) but it can wait a while he said so I was real happy about the news
So, so pleased to hear this, my little Fixy. Yay!!!!

Thank you so much for letting us know

I think you should go back to sleep now. It's early enough here, let alone where you are
Old 07-29-2014, 02:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by awholenewlife52 View Post
Morning everyone,

Great to read about everyone doing well!

That's great news, Mr Fixit!

I'm good here still. Had a fantastic night's sleep and feeling refreshed.

I'll check back in again later. Have a great day, everyone.
Glad you're feeling good! Looks like another hot day here. Oh, well, guess we'll just have to suffer it . . . .
Old 07-29-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Good morning all!

Day 15 of no bingeing for me and feeling more determined every day

Pleased you're going well, too, NeedingHelp!

Have a great Tuesday everyone! xxx

Still so happy for Fixy
Old 07-29-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah I woke up at 3 a.m. Way too early
Great job on 15 days lumpy and needing help.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

So I'm on Day 9 now.. feel pretty good. I had some definite cravings this past weekend but I didn't give in so I'll chalk that up to being a success. I have a wedding coming up this weekend so I'm kind of nervous about that, but I am committed and I won't cave. I'm not at a point yet where I've been telling people that I no longer quit, so I am planning on telling everyone I'm on antibiotics and am not able to drink. This wedding will be a huge party and I don't really want to be standing out because I'm not drinking.. I know people usually say that we only notice people who aren't drinking because we're addicts, but I come from a HUGE family of alcoholics haha.. so it will definitely go noticed and I'll be razzed about it. Saying I'm on antibiotics will be a legitimate excuse, and it will get me through the weekend (hopefully). Anyway, just thought I'd give an update. Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 18 here, feeling great! The cravings let go after 12 days and they're barely here at the moment. It took that long to feel some of the benefits of being sober, and now I feel better than I have in years.

Hockeyguy, I feel your pain. I participate in a hobby where binge drinking is part of the culture for sure. I brought bottled root beer and drank that. No one noticed, especially as they got so drunk they were falling down. Also, it was so weird to watch all the drunk people as a sober person. Was I like that? Did I cease to make sense when I spoke? I'm not saying I wasn't tempted and I almost had myself convinced I could have just one, but I didn't

Happy tuesday, everyone!
Old 07-29-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Nice cool dry air here finally this morning...feels so good, that humidity is gone - yeah! I wanted to thank everyone for their words on the last thread, gosh it really helps when folks "understand" and we're all dealing with something similar.

Just wanted to quickly wish everyone a good day before I head out to work!
Old 07-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HockeyGuy View Post
Hey everyone,

So I'm on Day 9 now.. feel pretty good. I had some definite cravings this past weekend but I didn't give in so I'll chalk that up to being a success. I have a wedding coming up this weekend so I'm kind of nervous about that, but I am committed and I won't cave. I'm not at a point yet where I've been telling people that I no longer quit, so I am planning on telling everyone I'm on antibiotics and am not able to drink. This wedding will be a huge party and I don't really want to be standing out because I'm not drinking.. I know people usually say that we only notice people who aren't drinking because we're addicts, but I come from a HUGE family of alcoholics haha.. so it will definitely go noticed and I'll be razzed about it. Saying I'm on antibiotics will be a legitimate excuse, and it will get me through the weekend (hopefully). Anyway, just thought I'd give an update. Have a great day everyone.
I went to a wedding last month and drove as my "excuse". No one questioned it and there were far more people not drinking than I would have thought. I drank a lot of fruit juice, ate the meal then respectively left. It was fine. You will be fine
Old 07-29-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~Thoughtful Tuesday Edition~~
~~A Thing About Logic and Intuition~~

Welcome to the day that you stop second-guessing yourself and realize that everything you are searching for is already in your possession! Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to not following logic!

We often make the mistake of thinking that all of our plans have to be logical and make sense! We allow our lack of understanding to stop us from taking advantage of certain opportunities. I am in no way saying that you should jump out at everything that comes your way, but sometimes one plus one may not equal two and that’s perfectly OK!

Logic is bias, and is based only on our experience, so if our experience is limited so will be our logic! The key is to focus on your intuition and on how a situation makes you feel! Everything you need to do in order to achieve your dreams is already in you instinctively! Follow that instinct and you will be guided to your destiny! Stop giving logic so much power!

Albert Einstein said it best… “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” STOP HONORING THE SERVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Healthy Snacks~

“Intuition means exactly what it sounds like, in-tuition! An inner tutor or teaching and learning mechanism that takes us forward daily. It is a resource that, where recognized, has infinite potential.”-Sylvia Clare

“We always know which is the best road to follow, but we follow only the road that we have become accustomed to.”-Paulo Coelho

“If you don’t listen to that gentle, yet persistent voice within, you betray yourself.” Tonya Sheridan

“Learn to trust yourself and you will create a meaningful life.”-Lynn A. Robinson

“Open your thoughts to the probability that you are more intuitive than you realize” Sylvia Clare

“Your intuition is the pilot’s seat of your soul. If you don’t trust it, you’ll keep missing the most important of destinations in life.”-Kaiden Blake

“You have an inner prosperity guide: your intuition. When you begin to pay attention to it, it will lead you to this truth – Abundance is your birthright.”-Lynn A. Robinson

“When you face a new challenge, remember the skills, talent, guts and resources that got you through before.” -Lynn A. Robinson
Old 07-29-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Mr. F, I woke up WAY too early too, but what can you do... At least we woke up on the sober side of the bed! Congratulations on your eye doc news yesterday!

Awesome on 15 Needinghelp and HeadLump, Hockey great job at 9, Mambamama super on 18 days... Glad it's cooled off for you Eyes.

Stay strong everyone, day 1 or 100 we can do this!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Needinghelp82 View Post
I went to a wedding last month and drove as my "excuse". No one questioned it and there were far more people not drinking than I would have thought. I drank a lot of fruit juice, ate the meal then respectively left. It was fine. You will be fine
For me, leaving after the supper isn't an option - I really do have to go to the reception for at least a little while. It will be tough, but I have no choice, I have to refrain from drinking. I could stay for an hour or something, just to make an appearance or something. I think the antibiotics excuse will work for me.. I mean.. I can't help that I'm on antibiotics. It's also something that, once I get past this, I am hoping it will give me some more confidence to know that I can go to these kinds of things with family members and know I can get through them sober.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HockeyGuy View Post
Hey everyone,

Good luck this weekend HG. I too come from a LONG line of alcoholics. I can relate to your decision not to tell anyone yet. I had made the same decision during one of my stints last year.

This time around, i have told most of my close family members; parents, brother, cousins, etc. Didn't tell them as "an announcement", just in passing when we talk on the phone and they are talking about getting drunk or partying. Surprising enough, they are totally supportive and actually wish they could make the decision to quit as well.

For me, with time it has become easier to tell my family. At 41 years old, I am finally at a point in my life that i really don't care what anyone else thinks of my actions or decisions as long as i am improving my situation.

Anyway, good luck this weekend, you can do it! We are here for you, check in often...
Old 07-29-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I figure every day you wake up and you're looking down at the grass instead of looking up at the grass you're having a good day.

I guess you could say that you woke up on the right side of the grass
Old 07-29-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning, all my sober friends. I'm so grateful for all of your support. I had a great day yesterday (aside from the lingering anxiety from drinking over the weekend) and went to my daughter's tennis practice, made dinner, and watched a movie with the whole family. We all went to bed at a decent time and I'm feeling much better today. In fact, I even got on my scale this morning so that I can start working on my overall health as well. I've lost twenty pounds so far this year, but I have a long way to go. My longest stretches of not drinking have been during times when I really tried to focus on my health and weight-loss, so what better time to start than right now? Cooking healthy new foods is somewhat of a hobby, and I'm not typically a drink-while-you-cook type of a person, so it's time to start incorporating some healthy alternatives to sitting on the couch, getting trashed and fat, haha.