Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 3

Old 07-29-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Gonna post this here too because I accidentally posted in july 2013 thread!

Here we go

Third time I'm trying. I know I should forgive myself, and in time I will. Now I've come to the conclusion that this can't continue like this. I had time to recover myself for this whole summer because feelings of anxiety (I quit my job to recover myself), but what did I do, I drank and helped myself with alcohol and tried to hide my feelings... Every single morning I woke up with hangover those feelings come back more intense and I feel bad.

I took part in the January class for good two months but relapsed, then I joined the march class but I just didn't care, I was a fool..

Now I'm trying again, first step is to be 30 days sober and start exercising and eating healthy, after that I will look into my feeling and live day after day. I congratulate every on here for making this decision. I know I can't continue like this, drinking myself to blackout couple of times a week. I'm starting my studies in a month, so I don't want to be this person when I start them. I hate alcohol, still I drink it.

I'd like to join class of July
Old 07-29-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Good to see you back and posting, Midnight - and back to non-bingeing too!

I think your analysis of when you binge is really useful. And, according to Brain over Binge (a book I heartily recommend for anyone with bulimia or binge-eating issues) you can break established neuron pathways and make new ones by refusing to act on binge urges. When an urge hits, acknowledge it, but never binge. With time, the automatic link between urge and binge will weaken and eventually the urges will stop. That's the theory anyway and it seems to be working for me so far

Eating slowly - really slowly - is helping too. It takes so long to eat a normal portion, I don't think I'd have time to overeat! It's also helped me to appreciate the taste of food more - blueberries, chewed at least 20 times, are absolutely wonderful
Old 07-29-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Welcome, kakanola July is the best class to join - we're the winners!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey there, MidnightBlue, I don't have any experience myself with binge eating, but good luck with kicking this. Good luck to you too, HeadLump!

Welcome to the July class, kakanola, good to have you here.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I have also had problems with binging on food matter of fact I have self control problems like that I can't say no to a cheeseburger cant say no to women and couldn't say no to drinking. Working on the drinking and start in the works on the Eating
Old 07-29-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hello kakanola welcome to July
Old 07-29-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Day 11 ---- committing to another 24 hours
Old 07-29-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I am glad to say that even though my kids ran around tonight screaming, yelling, whining and fighting. Causing me to yell at them many times. I still did not drink.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

After far too many tries, I am going to join the July 2014 Class, since I've struggled thus far and I have a new plan. I am going to try to attend an outpatient program--I tried to call them today but the outpatient person was out. That was a bit upsetting since I had a panic attack at 4:00 a.m. because I knew I was going to make the call. But I'm not going to let that stop me--I'll call the woman tomorrow morning.

So, I hope you'll have me...don't be fooled by my join date. I think perhaps my only justification is that I have wanted to quit for a long time, but I just haven't put enough into it. So maybe my years of drinking were punctuated with attempts to quit...

Oh well Julyers. Let's hold the line.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Stressful day ahead , dads having an op, but I am doing another 24 hours and may be back for some support later if that's ok? Xx
Old 07-30-2014, 01:47 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

MORNING class, welcome to the people who have joined in the last day, this July class is awesome.
Day 30 for me now which is great but I'm not getting complacent as I have made it to 30 days a lot of times before. I'm looking forward to making 90 days as I've relapsed twice before in the week before that week so obviously a trigger point there to be aware of. I think after the 90 days Ill stop counting days then go onto months, it'll be easier lol Anyhow feeling good, I've been exercising everyday and haven't binged out on food to replace booze this time therefore I've lost weight which has boosted my confidence etc. Have a good sober day classmates.Peace X
Old 07-30-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey Petals, stay strong you can do this and just come on here as much as you want. Hope your Dad is ok and recovers quickly X
Old 07-30-2014, 01:54 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Kakanola, Missy, mindfulliving, and welcome back deanya.

Apologies to anyone I've missed

Best wishes HockeyGuy

congratulations peacehappyness, but prayers out for your Dad

Congrats to all those hitting milestones today

D
Old 07-30-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody welcome to all new people nice to see somebody in every corner.

I slept really well last nite but had an odd dream I was flying over the Grand Canyon on a weedeater. Pretty view
Old 07-30-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi, thought I would join the July thread while it is still July. I am on day 17 here.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Casey

you're a tripper Mr F LOL...(in the good aussie sense )

D
Old 07-30-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the newcomers, Missy7, Casey54, sorry if I missed anyone out. Welcome all!

Peacehappiness, well done on 30 days.

Petals, I hope all goes well with your dad's op. Come here for support anytime, we've got you.

I'm still going strong, that's one week for me today. I've gone much longer sober quite regularly before, but things feel different this time for achieving long term and hopefully permanent sobriety. I'm feeling great, not missing the booze, and can't imagine going backwards. No complacency, though.

I'm just back from a great run. The weather is much cooler so I really enjoyed it.

Have a great sober day, everyone.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Realising my life

(((Petals))) Thinking of you xx

(((Missy))) You can do this!

Day 16 of no bingeing here. I've been waiting since May for a physio appointment for a rotator cuff injury. Finally saw her today and it's not a rotator cuff injury, it's a frozen shoulder. Worst case scenario, she said, it'll take 3 years to heal. 3 years????? That means I could be 57 before I can undo my bra strap again!! Still, I expect my partner will assist in the meantime

Hope you're ok, wee Fixy
Old 07-30-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I don't know if a tripper is a good thing or bad thing.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I am sorry if I have said anything out of line that has offended anyone.