Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 3

Old 07-30-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
I am sorry if I have said anything out of line that has offended anyone.
Maybe something's being lost in translation, (or I'm just a bit slow) but I can't see anything offensive in your posts, Fixy
Old 07-30-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Lumpy did you use SR to achieve your sobriety last year. I've been trying for almost a year now. It doesn't seem to get any easier
Old 07-30-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

It seems like you're having a bit of a hard time right now, Fixy... You doing OK?
Old 07-30-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good morning Julyers!

Welcome, Missy, Casey and all newbies. Congratulations to making the decision to quit. This is a great class with a ton of support.

Good luck Petals with your dad.

Peacehappyness, 30 days is AWESOME! Congratulations. Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Headlump, i've never heard of a "frozen shoulder" but, i hope you can recover way quicker than 3 years! Not sure what to say about your bra strap issue; i had better leave that to you to figure out; LOL.

Hang in there everyone and stay strong.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noexcuse View Post
It seems like you're having a bit of a hard time right now, Fixy... You doing OK?
Oh I'm good I appreciate it i like to hear other people's stories and how they achieve there sobriety.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Phew, good!! After feeling lousy about my weekend, I don't want any other people here in this July group to feel like that!

It sounds like a lot of us have somewhat of a dual addiction with food and alcohol. I feel like I'm coping more with food when I'm not drinking right now. One of my triggers to drink, many times, was having an empty stomach - I would be driving home (or wherever) and be really hungry, and I would think that if I got something to drink, it would hit me harder and faster since I was drinking on an empty stomach, so I wouldn't have to drink as much. I still WOULD drink as much, lol, but that was my irrational thinking. By the end of the night, I would always binge, though, once all my inhibitions were gone.

Now I'm just eating all day. Not a binge, per say, but I might have most of what I planned on eating for breakfast/lunch/snack at one time. I'm only going to feel even worse if I gain more weight after quitting drinking, so I'm trying to be very aware, but it's really difficult to fill that void. I'm glad to hear how others are coping with this and that I'm not alone in this struggle.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey, Mr Fixit, 'tripper' must be an Aussie term, Dee will be back to tell us what it means, I'm sure. Nothing offensive in your posts as far as I can see.

HeadLump, well done on 16 days of no bingeing. Sorry to hear about your frozen shoulder. My mum had it a few years ago and I know from her experience how painful it is.

Noexcuse, it's interesting what you say about drinking on an empty stomach. I've never had any eating issues, but on nights where I was drinking I was guilty of not having my dinner until the wine was finished in case the food dampened the buzz. How ridiculous now that I look back on it. I'm loving just enjoying my dinner at night now, it's great.

Hope everyone is still doing well. Thinking of you all as always. Hugs from Blighty. X
Old 07-30-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm sure Dee Was just joking with me
Old 07-30-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm sure Dee Was just joking with me
Definitely!

I'm intrigued to know what 'tripper' means in an Aussie sense now though, lol.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, so far so good, dad seems ok.
Went in a supermarket and had to walk past the wine. That was a bit of a butterflies in the tummy moment! But I did it! Now im thinking about it though... been so busy today only had 1 meal, am being mums cab on top of everything else, oh and driver for hubby whos car is sick! So tired and hungry, worried about going for takeaway as its buy the wine shops.
am telling myself, dont drink then I wont have to get sober again!
oh just remembered headlumps 'mouldy grapes' could be needed again. ?
catch u all later.xx
Old 07-30-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi petals,

Glad that all is going well with your dad so far.

Well done you on walking past that wine aisle. Just think how rubbish you would feel tomorrow if you gave in. I know you're really busy but try to get something to eat, that can make such a difference.....if you are nice and full that can definitely help with alcohol cravings. I know once I've got a nice dinner in me at a reasonable time in the evening, that's me all set for a sober night. Keep strong!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I wonder where everyone he is hiding at today
Old 07-30-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi class of July sober, need to come and hang out with you. 4 days sober. Anxious- dizzy and a bit emotional. I thought I was doing great till now.
I have to concentrate on a deadline at work due tomorrow am and I'm failing. This is my second attempt at cleaning my life. Last time was in October 2012. I made it to Christmas. Anyways, I'll check back later. Thanks
Old 07-30-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Welcome Glad, lots of support here for you. The first few days were rough on me as well; i think most here will agree the first 6 or 7 are the worst. It does get better with time... MUCH better.

4 days is great! don't let your AV get the best of you, you can succeed and tomorrow will be day 5.

Check in often!
Old 07-30-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I wonder where everyone he is hiding at today
Still here MrF. Trying to make it through day 24. No AV today but extremely tired. Still only getting around 5 hours sleep each night. Not complaining though, as I'll take this groggy feeling to waking up hungover, lazy, anxious, sweaty any day of the week!

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday!
Old 07-30-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I made it to bed time! Off to bed and nooooo wine! Whoop whoop me...feeling pleased, just a bit scared in case it gets me at a later date? Xx
Old 07-30-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by petals View Post
I made it to bed time! Off to bed and nooooo wine! Whoop whoop me...feeling pleased, just a bit scared in case it gets me at a later date? Xx
Well done, petals! That's another test passed and another day under your belt
Old 07-30-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Lumpy did you use SR to achieve your sobriety last year. I've been trying for almost a year now. It doesn't seem to get any easier
Hi Fixy

Yes, I did use SR. I lurked until I was 6 months sober and then officially joined. I couldn't possibly have done it without the people on SR. I learntso much and felt so supported. I didn't do anything formal, though I would have no hesitation in going to AA if I felt I needed it. My partner has been totally brilliant and my family and friends have been great, too

Stick with it. You'll get there!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by Gladiolus View Post
Hi class of July sober, need to come and hang out with you. 4 days sober. Anxious- dizzy and a bit emotional. I thought I was doing great till now.
I have to concentrate on a deadline at work due tomorrow am and I'm failing. This is my second attempt at cleaning my life. Last time was in October 2012. I made it to Christmas. Anyways, I'll check back later. Thanks
Welcome, Glad. This is a great group
Old 07-30-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I don't know if a tripper is a good thing or bad thing.
I took it as the same thing here when people say "you're a trip". I get that a lot myself lol. It means you're funny, goofy, a little out there...it's a good thing

And I agree with Dee, I think you're a trip!