Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 3

Old 08-14-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kahlia01 View Post
Sorry that is really long!
Nope. . .not too long. Wonderful read and I appreciate both your honesty and to book recommendation. I've enjoyed a few books/tv shows/movies/etc that have been recommended on SR.

I'm heading off to bed. It's getting late here and I have some reading to do.

Be good to yourselves. See ya all tmr.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Have a good sleep :-)
Old 08-15-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Thanks Kahlia! It's funny, most people have told me to go for an iphone, that for someone like myself (not phone savvy), that it is a little more "user friendly" but I have this thing against Apple. They just seem too integrated, too "big brother" like for me. I can see how it can be handy for some things, but I'm not sure. But now there are so many different androids out there - argh! I talked to one of my friends last night and he offered to let me play around with his phone and go to the store with me. Not sure what he has, but said it was windows based. I would also like something not too big - originally I was thinking of a galaxy, but the ones I saw seemed huge! So many options, but time for a new phone and new number for me! And I'm glad to go with this friend, he's not all that tech savvy himself and years ago I had to teach him how to use a computer so time to return the favor!

Altoids - that sounds soooo awesome! Yes, there is something about the beauty and also the inherent danger about them. The power. I tend to like things like that. Wolves, sharks (yeah for Shark Week!) - same kind of thing to me. I think they are fascinating - beautiful, dangerous, powerful. Is that weird? Probably lol.

Hope everyone has a great day - and weekend for all of you that have begun that already! Took a half day and going to met up with a good friend that I haven't seen in a while do to my isolation. I think forcing myself to start being social again is a good start for me. You all take care!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Everyone's gone quiet hope all is well :-)
Old 08-15-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Wink

Originally Posted by Altoids View Post
Nope. . .not too long. Wonderful read and I appreciate both your honesty and to book recommendation. I've enjoyed a few books/tv shows/movies/etc that have been recommended on SR.

I'm heading off to bed. It's getting late here and I have some reading to do.

Be good to yourselves. See ya all tmr.
I'm a really big series buff any suggestions?

I know what you mean about the big brother thing . You can turn your mobile data off so no one can access URL content or anything. Glad you have a friend going with you plus the staff should be really helpful too.

Dee - I have the sr app but I've noticed i only receive notifications through my emails and the app does say 2 but I'm not directed to which forum has a notification. Is there an easier way?

Home from Chinese after hearing 3 hilarious excuses from 3 people justifying drinking in a space of half an hour I'm feeling great but full. Ni night all
Old 08-15-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm afraid I've never used the app Kahlia, sorry!

D
Old 08-15-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Kahlia on the application normally when you hit refresh it will show if its a forum or a message click on the notification whichever one is active will come up on your screen if its a post it will be highlighted
Old 08-15-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

The longer I stay sober the more emotional I get. I cried this morning because my breakfast burrito was still cold I am such a sad sack
Old 08-15-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give yourself some slack Mr F - you're also sick

D
Old 08-15-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

slightly early but it's a late hour here....time for a new thread guys:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D