Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 2

Old 07-18-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry some of you guys are doing it tough

In many ways the first 30 days were the hardest of my life...But it wasn't for ever, and the recuperation was quick.

Stick with it - you guys are not alone - stay with it - you'll be glad you did !

D
Old 07-19-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Morning everyone!

Ooh, we had delicious thunder here last night! Kept me awake for ages but it was worth it! I do love a good rumble

Starting binge-free day 5. Yay!

(((((Stranger))))) and (((((Redwings))))) What inspirational examples of resilience!

Welcome, Biggles

Hope everyone has a great day. July - our very own month of Independence xx
Old 07-19-2014, 12:23 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Well done all for jumping back on the wagon!!! Never give up on giving up!! It will all make sense eventually..
Old 07-19-2014, 01:04 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Good early morning everybody have insomnia have not been able to sleep all night oh well. I know Friday night is a challenging night for people I hope everybody has made it through alright I have. we will make this a sober July.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:06 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Good morning lumpy I'm supposed to go to the beach today but it is slightly raining so what to do. I guess I can go into the woodshop do little bit of work. I am building a cuckoo for my mother for Christmas.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Thunder here too HeadLump!

Day 6 here, weather is dull but going to have a movie fest then go out for lunch with friends. Worrying about work but need to stop
Old 07-19-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~~Weekend Edition~~
~~Only U Can FulFill Your Dreams~~

At any time, you can decide to change the road you're on in life, take a new direction, follow a new trail. You are the only one who really knows what you want from life and if you're on the right road for you. You are the only one who can fulfill your dreams and receive the joys and happiness that come from reaching those aspirations and goals.

Don't expect others to be responsible for your happiness and your success. You must take control and be in charge of your destiny and day-to-day situations. Take advice (most of the time it's free) and listen to what others have to say and what concerns they have; it's important to have different points of view. But always validate those words of wisdom with your own set of standards and make sure that the advice has meaning to your sense of reality.

You must understand yourself enough to know what you want in life and what desires you believe are worthwhile for your future. You need to depend upon yourself and your talents. Appreciate others for their personal skills and abilities, but always continue to focus on your own strengths and energies. Life is much too short to spend it worrying about someone else's accomplishments or expecting someone else to be responsible for making your life better.

If you have dreams, then you have a purpose. You have something to believe in and work towards obtaining. Dedicate yourself to yourself. Promise yourself a life filled with love, and then whatever roads you travel will be the roads you want them to be.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome. This is day 10 for me and I'm never going back. I've been trying since January to "cut down" well drinking a fifth of vodka and passing out on a Wednesday at 3pm proved once and for all that doesn't work. Daddy weekend with mom at work is always a trigger (like I need one) so I will be checking in here often . Being strong!
Old 07-19-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Welcome MrBigglesworth

I made it through another Friday and am on day 15! For some reason yesterday was one of my toughest. I felt a lot of physical symptoms and that had not happened yet. I know it will continue to get easier and cravings will continue to lessen.

Beach for me today! It's going to be a hot one!
Old 07-19-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Just starting out here as a member and feel more determined than ever to stay sober this time. Right now I'm only at 1 day. The longest I've gone in the past (since this problem started maybe five years ago but has escalated in the past year) has been five days. Determined to change this part of my personality.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, July friends)

So, another Day 1 free of binge eating is wrapping up.

It's been quite hectic today, but ok.

I had a great boxing workout, and then met with my friend. We had wonderful time and I've just got home.

Tomorrow I am making attempt 2 to meet with the guy about my car. Wish me luck. Positive vibes much needed)

I hope everyone has a good sober Saturaday. Weekends may be tough in early sobriety, but sober hangover weekends absolutely rock!

Best wishes to all.

See you )
Old 07-19-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Yay, Midnight! Day one done and dusted

Positive vibes bouncing their way for tomorrow
Old 07-20-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Morning! I hope everyone's ok and making it safe and sober through the weekend. We were fading away on page 2!

Just starting my binge-free day 6 (Yay!) Off to see my sister today. She's been having a rough time and needs a huge cuddle. I don't see her often and I've really missed her.

Happy Sunday, Julyers!
Old 07-20-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Day 6.5 for me :-)
Old 07-20-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hi all keep it up. A booze free world is possible and better. **** still happens but you can cope cos you are sober
Old 07-20-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Good morning julyers!

Sorry to hear so many are having a tough weekend. Great job on fighting through the urges!! Tough here too but so worth heing able to spend quality time with my kids and not have to plan around having a dfink every 10 or 15 minutes.

Hope everyone has a gerat sober sunday.

Stay strong
Old 07-20-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Morning all (well, it's morning here, anyway!)
Starting into day 4 and feeling quite good, overall. (Ice cream!) Yesterday was rough, but not because I missed being drunk - I was just overwhelmingly weepy and depressed. I could use some advice on this, actually: I decided to get sober in the middle of studying for my law exams (in the US, the bar exam), because if I'm going to fail these things, it will NOT be because I was drunk when I should have been studying. (I can blame alcohol for too many things, this won't be one of them.) That said, I have 9 days to go before I sit for the exams and I'm kind of an emotional mess - anyone have ideas on how to get through that part of it and get my head back in the game? (I am a runner and am still putting in my mileage every day, which seems to help.) Thanks so much - so grateful to have SR as I walk this new road!
pks
Old 07-20-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

What helps me

I drink lots of ginger beer, solo with angostura bitters my lemon lime bitters & solo and tonic water to give off the gin & tonic effect. Bottle shops & food stores sell non alcoholic champagne beer & wine but to be honest never really loved the taste it's just been to get a buzz. I've become a series buff I hire series as old as the OC lol & watch them when I have a spare moment. There is also a website fanfiction.netyou can read all different scenarios of movies books anything. I loved 50 shades of grey books so I read all the good ones before bed or when bored. The gym helps but I'm not fit enough to not get sore after a 1 hr session. I found nlp hypnotherapy great as long as ur wanting to get help. For me now I'm sober it's like my partner drinks for the 2 of us FFS! Wyorking weekends & saving money makes me happy it's hard when I'm his taxi service fri sat nights but I know I have a job to do it's getting him to have the decency to leave so I can go to bed. Ever since I stopped drinking we go to our best friends & play board games which I find as long as I'm not bored it's all good. Antabuse saved me cause when u have 1 drink u go red & I know my partner will pick up straight away so it keeps me from drinking. As for stress I stuff up there as I take Valium & have really low self esteem but tea calms me
Old 07-20-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Having failed in the past and needing to rejoin a class I'm on board with July '14
Old 07-20-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Me too Tang, I'd like to join the July Class so as to become sober once and for all. My last glass of wine was Saturday, 19 July 2014.