Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 2

Old 07-17-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, July pals/

I just need a huge rant!

I've just wasted 6 (!) hours today, practically lost the whole day, for nothing. The guy who called me yesterday about my car (I am selling it), and with whom I was supposed to meet, called me 15 minutes (!) before the time of our meeting, and told that his kid got sick, and he had to bring him to the hospital, and so on, and so far. And that will take at least 3 hours, and maybe , I can meet him later. Come on! I dragged myself across the city specifically to meet him. I spent 2 hours (!) in the traffic jam on highway, just to turn around, got stuck in traffic jam again, and spend another 2 hours. When he called me, I just burst into tears. Why? Why me?

I have no idea what kind of lesson the Universe was going to teach my by this. Well, i can guess, but I am hell sick of these lesssons! They don't do me good, but just wear me out.

I got myself together by the time I got back. But I am still pissed off and my mood is completely ruined.

I am not overeating over this though...but barely...

I hope I will shake it off later at my boxing class.

See you all, pals)
Old 07-17-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Go and bang a few bags at boxing, Midnight (if that's what you do there?) and tell this guy you're sorry about his kid, but if he's still interested, he needs to come to you!

Then when you come home, take deep breaths, sit quietly and congratulate yourself on remaining binge-free in the face of adversity. These things happen and it's not personal to you, but I know it feels like it is. I sank gallons when I was selling my house But you are made of infinitely finer stuff, my badass pal

You WILL sell this car, MB, but maybe not today A million vibes are in transit right this very minute!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ Thoughtful Thursday Edition~~
~~Take Every Chance~~

~Note~ Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to Taking a Chance!

As human beings, we yearn so much for certainty that we like to shy away from anything that is not guaranteed. But the more we live life, the more we will realize that nothing is guaranteed! The fastest way to getting what you deserve out of life is to dare to go after it!

Following a dream may be the toughest thing that you will ever do, because there are many tests that you must past before you are granted your wish. Despite that, if you don’t play you will never win! It is always to early to quit, so if you stay focused, you WILL UNDOUBTEDLY achieve all of your goals!

When you take a chance on your dream, the worst thing that can happen is…sorry, couldn’t even think of anything!! You have everything to gain and nothing to lose!! Take that leap and make your dream happen!!

~~Healthy Snacks~~

“To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.”-Soren Kierkegaard

“Progress always involves risks. You can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first.”
-Frederick B. Wilcox

“You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”-Wayne Gretzky

“One cannot refuse to eat just because there is a chance of being choked.”-Chinese Proverb

“To win you have to risk loss.”-Jean-Claude Killy

“Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.”-James Bryant Conant

“Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise.”-Unknown

“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”-Robert F. Kennedy

Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Thank you, Headlump)

Well, I am hitting guys at my class too, along with bags))

I know, it's not personal, but still sucks...

Ok, that shall pass. I am just so tired.

My hugs to all)
Old 07-17-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
My hugs to all)
I hope you're including yourself in that hug, MB, you deserve it!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Ok, I am about wrap up my Day 1 free of binge eating.

I have to confess - I felt so crappy, that I wanted to skip my boxing workout, buy myself some kind of "comfort" food and spend the evening at home watching TV series and feeling sorry for myself.

Well, I knew I would regret it. And I knew workout will make me feel better. And it surely did - I had a great one.

I have to keep this momentum going. I am going to plan my meals for tomorrow now and stick to this.

I know tomorrow will probably be emotionally challenging as well, and I have to get ready. Like in boxing - I have to know my defense. Like a referee says to fighters "Above all, protect yourself at all times".

Have a great sober day, July buddies.

The weekend is just around the corner, and it's time to gather our sobriety troops.

Best wishes to all.

See you later)
Old 07-17-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
Stranger - Thank you so much! I'm so sorry you've had to go through chemo

Great to see everyone else clocking up those sober hours!

I'm on day 3 of no bingeing. Feeling good today. The weather is just gorgeous again (we are SO gonna pay for this!!!!)

Have a brilliant day all xxx
Thank you HeadLump. I try to find the positive in everything (not always possible) and a way to laugh. I am a born comedian and love to laugh and make others laugh (though not all share my sense of humor haha). So I will tell you - chemo is not all bad. Got some time off work, didn't have to shave my legs, and could take a shower in 5 minutes with no hair to wash! Happy to report that after 6 months of a total of eight chemo treatments (two extra for insurance according to my hematologist/oncologist) I am 4 years in remission from lymphoma and still going strong. Need to kick this addiction the same way I kicked that cancer's ass!

Since that time however I have had a lot of other medical issues, including having to have half my thyroid removed, my gall bladder removed, and as you know all my upper teeth removed. I had a wonderful dog Caesar, he was a boxer, that I lost at 6 years old to a brain tumor. But before that time he was the most fun, loving, energetic, personality filled dog I had ever known - albeit he was not all that bright though lol. Anyway, when I got him as a pup he had had his tail docked. Then I had his ears done (had I had any idea how awful that surgery was I would never have done it, just followed the breeder's advice and did not know better. But I would never put an animal through that again! But he did look regal!). Then off course I had to have him neutered. So every time I have to have something removed I think of him looking down at me with that drooly goofy grin that a only a boxer can give you,,,saying to me "you took all that stuff from me, well I'm getting you back now!" in a fun way and it makes me smile. I know, I'm a weirdo and happily admit it lol.

MidnightBlue I'm sorry you are dealing with so much at once right now. When it rains it really pours, doesn't it. Sending only good vibes your way.

Hope everyone is having a great day today. Weather finally let up here, so knees a little better today, which is a help. Gets those "but you really do need pain meds" thoughts to take a hike. 12 days....2 days from two weeks.

Amazing. All of us
Old 07-17-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, July pals/

I just need a huge rant!
That's the worst! Sorry.

So great you're in boxing. I recently started karate classes 2x a week. Punching is the best release

Last edited by sober1ck; 07-17-2014 at 07:00 PM. Reason: add a line
Old 07-17-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

MBlue, hang in there lady, this too shall pass. Support vibes being sent your.

Eyes, thanks for sharing your difficult medical history. You are a survivor! I love boxers too! We have 2 of them, great dogs!

Making it through day 13 with a bike ride and some reading. Friday does look so scary this week. Funny how your perspective can change when you conquer one small moment at a time.
A little Rush tune to end my evening and posting:

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill
Old 07-17-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

feelin so tired on Day 5 after a short lil binge.. I think being in the sun today helped that tho :P (at least I'm tan haha) and got a call for a 2nd interview at another place tomorrow that I interviewed for like 2 weeks ago.. woo hoo. Thank god i've been sober and have enough days under my belt.. otherwise I would've either have missed it altogether or have been a sweaty, nervous mess. Thanks SR and Class of July! *HUGS
Old 07-17-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi July team. Has been a few days and I'm just checking in. Long, very tiring week at work. But, I'm hanging in at day 17. I'm starting to get what people mean when they say that after you quit drinking you have to learn how to process your emotions again.

Had a crappy day, and a weepy evening, and wishing right now that I had a way to cheer myself up that does not involve big freaking bowl-sized glasses of wine. Alas, it seems I must learn to just feel these feelings rather than drown them.

Hope you guys had a better day than me! And good luck with the weekend.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi Guys

Day 5 today and the Sun is shining but I'm telling myself it's Monday. Not one sip of alcohol will pass my lips today. Good luck to you all especially the ones that are struggling. We all have good and bad days and each bad one makes the good ones better. Keep going
Old 07-17-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi, July thread.
I guess I'm one of you, now - first 24 hours down.
Here's to the next 24.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Welcom PK! Join the weekend thread if you haven't already. We're all getting through the weekend together there as well.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks, CnG!
Still finding my way around the site, appreciate the tip.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:28 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Morning class, just heading away for a few days holiday, no alcohol or internet involved so won't be able to post again until next week. Feeling strong and looking forward to being outdoors someplace new. Have a good weekend all .Peace X
Old 07-18-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

morning all day 6 here sorry to hear that some of you are going through a really tough time at the minute and hope things get sorted for you all soon.

abit of a rant from me now my partner keeps moaning that i should give up the alcohol! well last night after a long talk and saying that i dont wanna touch alcohol again he decided to go out with his friends from work!! gets home at 1 in the morning peed right up!!! annoyed very much about it, but i tell you something looking at the state of him this morning i am glad its not me and has made me even more determined not to look like that in the mornings

well its the weekend and this is when i normally go on a rampage with alcohol but not this weekend !!!!!!

stay strong everyone. much love x
Old 07-18-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Morning, Julyers!

So pleased to see everyone keeping on keeping on!

Welcome to pksebben

((((((Stranger)))))) What a story you have to tell! So glad you're here with us, still fighting. Caeser sounds like he was a real character, but that he forgave you for his ears

Hope you have a great holiday, peacehappyness
Old 07-18-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone I hope everybody is great here we are facing another weekend and I'm ready for it. Remember pay no attention to Mr AV he is just an asshat he doesn't care about you he just cares about himself. I'll know later today but it looks like I'm going to hang out at the beach for a day or two.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I hope that my eyeball is healed enough to be able to handle the pressure of looking at bikinis all weekend