Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 2

Old 07-23-2014, 11:06 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Good morning all!!!! Another hot day here - it was 85 yesterday and looks to be even hotter today . . . .

Day 10 of no bingeing for me and I am up early for a dental appointment to start the process of teeth whitening! No, I can't believe it either!

Everyone seems to be doing fine. Yay, we Julyers are fantastic!

So, so pleased you pulled through, Stranger, but I didn't doubt it for a second

Hope you feel good today, Midnight, now that another challenge is behind you. So proud of you, my pal ♥

Hope you're ok, Fixy

Have a great Thursday all! xx
Old 07-23-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by deanyya View Post
Went shopping with my sister today and rewarded myself with a few things. I am always spending money on my kids and not myself. Feels good to spend my money on me☺ After all it is money I have because I didn't spend it on liquor.
You've more than earned it, deanyya. Enjoy! Two weeks is brilliant
Old 07-23-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Morning class and welcome to all the newcomers!

Deanna, you are on a total roll now, doing fabulously well

Headlamp, good idea to get your teeth done, shows good attitude to looking after yourself and you won't be able to drink after having it done the booze would make it far too ouchy I reckon! It's a great treatment to have, makes you feel and look really good

It's a gorgeous day here so just heading out for a walk, good start to the day as I've been a bit lazy this week. Av is in hiding just now due to a book I'm reading which I'll post the details of below, hope everyone has a good and sober day. Peace X
Old 07-23-2014, 11:43 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

The book is Pain Killer addict by Cathryn Kemp, it's about pain killer addiction and not alcohol but I can't recommend enough this book. What Cathryn went through and what she had to go through to get herself clean is terrifying, puts a lot into perspective for me. Incredibly honest book and well written too, I couldn't put it down !X
Old 07-24-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Peacehappyness View Post
The book is Pain Killer addict by Cathryn Kemp, it's about pain killer addiction and not alcohol but I can't recommend enough this book. What Cathryn went through and what she had to go through to get herself clean is terrifying, puts a lot into perspective for me. Incredibly honest book and well written too, I couldn't put it down !X
Hey

Thank you for the recommend. I've just downloaded a sample to my Kindle from Amazon and read it. Looks like exactly the kind of book I need right now so will be purchasing the book come pay-day. Thanks again

Cheers, FC
Old 07-24-2014, 01:04 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone from another toastie morning in Scotland.

Hope everyone's fine and had a good night last night. We watched the opening ceremony for the Commonwealth Games ....
Will have to stop eating my body weight in cheese & crackers in the evening ..... though it's better than boozing !!!
Day 5 for me ..... feeling very tired this morning again (though I did get 6 hours sleep last night) .... feeling great - don't feel like the village "Alchi" anymore.

Had to laugh - was in Asda yesterday - going through the self-serve check-out.....and I guess it's the same everywhere else - but when you buy any alcohol, the checkout supervisor person has to come and veryify your age. Everytime I've been in buying "the wine", it's always the same bloke that's on ..... so yesterday of course - when I was in getting a few bits - he appeared by my check-out (with his little card - to clear my purchase of booze - and we have the usual laugh of "ha ha - better make sure the wine is bagged up properly ..... don't want to be dropping that....ha ha ha ha") only this time, there was no booze......he kinda hovered for a mo....then went off to clear someone else's booze.
Was kind of a good feeling.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Happy Thursday everyone
xxxxx
Old 07-24-2014, 02:01 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
Had to laugh - was in Asda yesterday - going through the self-serve check-out.....and I guess it's the same everywhere else - but when you buy any alcohol, the checkout supervisor person has to come and veryify your age. Everytime I've been in buying "the wine", it's always the same bloke that's on ..... so yesterday of course - when I was in getting a few bits - he appeared by my check-out (with his little card - to clear my purchase of booze - and we have the usual laugh of "ha ha - better make sure the wine is bagged up properly ..... don't want to be dropping that....ha ha ha ha") only this time, there was no booze......he kinda hovered for a mo....then went off to clear someone else's booze.
Love this!
Old 07-24-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

Can I join this thread, please?

A bit of my story repeated from my original thread.....I'm not an everyday drinker, I go for longish periods without it, but I've found myself veering to spirits rather than wine recently and going on benders lasting a few days, which then take days to recover from. I'm not working at the moment (that won't last for ever) so i've been able to take the 'time' to recover, but still, not good, and I'm done with it. I'm fed up hurting myself and the people I love and cannot live this way anymore.

I'm reading a great book by Jason Vale called 'Kicking the Drink....Easily' which I'm finding tremendously helpful.

I've got to go out shortly so don't have time to read this whole thread presently, but I will do later on in the hope of getting to know you all better.

Have a great day.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Welcome newlife52 to the July class for Independence from our addictions. Great support here.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Had the dinner last nite and asked for ice water. No one said a word. Had a great meal and more importantly, remember that I had a great meal.
Took makeup off before I went to sleep and not hung over this morning.

I like this feeling.

Off to teach Barre.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Welcome and jump on in Newlife. This is a great class with tons of support!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
Good Morning everyone from another toastie morning in Scotland.

Hope everyone's fine and had a good night last night. We watched the opening ceremony for the Commonwealth Games ....
Will have to stop eating my body weight in cheese & crackers in the evening ..... though it's better than boozing !!!
Day 5 for me ..... feeling very tired this morning again (though I did get 6 hours sleep last night) .... feeling great - don't feel like the village "Alchi" anymore.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Happy Thursday everyone
xxxxx
Thats great. Congratulations on day 5!!
Old 07-24-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody sounds like everybody is doing good I'm on my cellphone so it's a little harder to shout out to everybody.
I have two reading recommendations the first one is a book called Terry written by McGovern is about his daughter .. Then the book and the album called the heroin diaries by Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TempeBrenn View Post
Took makeup off before I went to sleep and not hung over this morning.

I like this feeling.

Off to teach Barre.
Love this. I like this feeling, too. Also love feeling like I have so much more time, now: I didn't realize how much TIME I was spending, drinking/thinking about drinking/preparing to drink.
Day 8 begins. Have a great one, Julyers!
Old 07-24-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Whoa, I tried to have a read through the whole thread, but it's MASSIVE, and then I realised this is part 2!

Suffice it to say, thank you everyone for the warm welcome, and I'm sure I'll get to know everyone more as I post more.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Made it to day 5. Definitely had some urges last night but I did get through them and I'm glad I did, waking up this morning without a hangover. The worst days for me are the sunny ones.. where I'm feeling great, and something inside me seems to want to sabotage that feeling by drinking myself to oblivion? Why does that happen? Who knows. Anyway, one more sober day in the books.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
Good morning all!!!! Another hot day here - it was 85 yesterday and looks to be even hotter today . . . .

Day 10 of no bingeing for me and I am up early for a dental appointment to start the process of teeth whitening! No, I can't believe it either!

Everyone seems to be doing fine. Yay, we Julyers are fantastic!

So, so pleased you pulled through, Stranger, but I didn't doubt it for a second :bunnyd:
Thank you HeadLump! And so glad you are going to get those toofas done, it will be so worth it! So happy for you! And 10 days - congrats on double digits!!!!

Originally Posted by FusterCluck View Post
Hey

Thank you for the recommend. I've just downloaded a sample to my Kindle from Amazon and read it. Looks like exactly the kind of book I need right now so will be purchasing the book come pay-day. Thanks again

Cheers, FC
It looks like a book that will certainly help me as well - I am on the lookup. Hope you're doing well FC, glad to see another opie addict in class with me

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
Good morning everybody sounds like everybody is doing good I'm on my cellphone so it's a little harder to shout out to everybody.
I have two reading recommendations the first one is a book called Terry written by McGovern is about his daughter .. Then the book and the album called the heroin diaries by Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue.
Another good reading selection for me. I read "The Dirt" back in the day, which was a compilation of the whole band's experiences, so this sounds just up my alley too - Thanks FixIt!

Hope everyone has a great day today! I'm still feeling a bit blah, but blah is better than messed up!
Old 07-24-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

By the way Shenzy...love your story!

Oh...HockeyGuy from Canada is right above me....I'm a Bruins fan, please don't hurt me lol. Five days is great, you are halfway to double digits!!!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Yesterday was kinda tough...frustrations at work were calling up my Addictive Voice. Once I got home, I started shoving blueberry muffins into my mouth. That did the trick.

Starting on day 11. Thursday has been my "traditional" day to stop by the booze shop on the way home to grab some weekend cheer (it is also laundry day, which I used to "prepare for" by downing a few G&Ts). Ain't gonna happen today though. I mean the drinking part; I have to do laundry!

Best wishes, everyone.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

If you like rock and roll just the album heroin diaries from sixx am has some good recovery songs