Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 2

Old 07-16-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
Way to go, Stranger and redwings! And everyone who's on the sober road too! Yay!

Nice to hear from you, Django

So sorry about the insurance sellers, MB, but I hope it's good new about the car. And well done on 3 binge-free days

I'm sitting on 2 days binge-free and feeling good about it. Just got back from the dentist. Since I stopped drinking wine my teeth are better than they've ever been! As I'm determined to stop bingeing I've signed up to a plan to have them whitened. Now that should be a motivator!!!

Hope everyone is doing well ♥♥
HeadLump - do indulge yourself and have your teeth done! I never had great teeth to begin with, and after I had to go through chemo it just destroyed them. Just this year I had to have the top teeth I had left all pulled and got dentures. I hate them!!! But I do look so much better with them - it has actually changed the shape of my face having some mass back. So take of those toofas! You will be glad you did!!!
Old 07-16-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 5 today. Grateful.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Congrats to all those joining for July. It is our month of independence!

I love a cold drink on a hot day, so ice water is my new best friend. Although AV tries to tell me otherwise. I'm getting ready to take the gloves off and kick AV's booty. For some reason she is very strong today. But I am STRONGER! Bring it AV.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all)

Congrats everyone on your milestones and another day sober. And welcome to new members!

So, it's Day 1 for me. Still feel frustrated about yesterday's. But... I know it's all in my head, and I have to start with not beating myself up over what happened yesterday. Drag my thoughts out of this and focus on what I can do instead.

Headlump - Thank you for your kind words and message)

Melki - I think that part of yesterday's slip was that I didn't actually had a strict plan for my meals. I had some general idea, but it's obviously not enough. I am usually eating quite healthy, and this gives me illusion that I can control it. So, the first step again is to make a plan, and have it at hand so I can always look at this. No nonsense, I can't play with the idea that I can control it. And I've done a lot of research and helpful info, but once my binge beast hits me, all this goes out of the window.

Dee - Thank you) Yes, battle is lost, but no way I am giving up!

I am drinking coffee now, no appetite.

In an hour I am heading to meet a potential buyer for my car, and quite anxious. Please, send me some good vibes!

See you all later)
Old 07-16-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Just wanted to post quickly. Good to see some new folks as well as some folks getting back on the horse after falling down.

On to day 9
Old 07-17-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Morning class, Day 17 now ( I think lol) didn't get a good sleep due to my AV out of nowhere starting to whisper to me when I went to bed!!! For some reason I started to think about all the places that I go i.e holidays, events etc that I wouldn't be able to drink at which is completely nuts as I did 90% of my drinking locked in my house by myself ( hah probably safer that way) and Ive mostly been completely sober during holidays etc. Anyway it was making me feel that I would never manage to resist and would relapse at times like these!! AV you are a sneaky sneaky b***h and Im NOT listening to you! Im almost going to take this as a sign, turn it round and use it as a warning to be more aware during these times! Have a good sober and happy day everyone. Peace X
Old 07-17-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Goin in to Day 5. Hope I can sleep well tonight. Everyone have an amazing n sober day/night .
Old 07-17-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
nmd

Yesterday was a little unexpectedly rough for me. I had very strong urge to make a mixed drink after dinner. I had all but given in to it mentally, but I waited it out and thought through where it was heading. It passed, but scary close to drinking.

Today will be my day 11.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you nmd

D
Old 07-17-2014, 02:09 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

morning all day 5 for me. hope everyone is ok and strong to fight your demons
Old 07-17-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Stranger - Thank you so much! I'm so sorry you've had to go through chemo

redwings - I love the idea of July being Independence Month! We HAVE to go for it, folks!

Midnight - So glad you're back on track, my friend. Have been thinking of you so much ♥♥

TXAlchy - Day 9 -Yay!

Peacehappyness- Day 17 is fab - and well done for kicking AV into touch!

nmd - Another test successfully passed!

Great to see everyone else clocking up those sober hours!

I'm on day 3 of no bingeing. Feeling good today. The weather is just gorgeous again (we are SO gonna pay for this!!!!)

Have a brilliant day all xxx

Old 07-17-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 11 of sobriety.
As a old 70's rock band used to sing
Everyday I'm getting to know myself a little bit better and I found out and all I need to do is to keep pushing keep pushing on. find other things to keep my mind just keep pushin

Good morning my July buddies hugs to all the ladies. Hope everyone has a great sober day I know I am
Old 07-17-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good morning lumpy
Old 07-17-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Maybe this is the right place to post this, I just want to share it someone.

Yes I did it! I managed to go through a night without alcohol in the screening of the short movie of a friend of mine.

All my friends were there, all of them were drinking beer or having drinks, at first I was super anxious but I had a soda and started to calm down as the night went on, in the middle of the party when everybody was drunk I had no urge to have drinks at all.

I surprised myself of how easygoing I am while sober and also at the positive feed back I got from some of my friends, they definitely prefer to see me as a normal person than as a crazy drunk with no control.

I got home and had a nice sleep, today is another day of work and I feel great, looking forward to the weekend and another fight to get better!
Old 07-17-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Nice one Phil! That's an awesome achievement, keep it up!

As of 90 minutes ago it's been 7 days for me. Praying that I can keep this up and never take painkillers again.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'll never be able to give up my Prozac and my stool softeners
Old 07-17-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 13! I can't believe it!
We CAN all do this!
Let's create a force field for each other today that helps protect each us from temptation. Kind of like super twin powers, activate! I am rainbow, use me for support to slide away from your AV. Or use my colors for strength or just lay under my arch for protection and rest. Super friends, let's get out there today, clean and sober!
Old 07-17-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hehe, that made me chuckle, Redwings (in a good way). Let's go super friends! We can do this!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Day 7. I am so thankful for SR and all of you! It is good to see everyone doing so good. I know it's not easy. We keep getting farther away from day 1 and I know that I don't ever want to experience day 1 again. Life is getting easier in the sober world.
Let's keep kicking the AV in the a##
Old 07-17-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Way to go everyone! On Day 11 myself. I've been really busy and find my thoughts drifting to buying a bottle because that would shut me down and I would say F@#% it to everything I need to do. Not going to succumb but I am going to take it easier tonight and get a few things picked up around the house and go for a jog. Hope everyone has a great sober thursday.