Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 2

Old 07-18-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 5 here

Feeling great, very positive about this time.

Attempt 1: 10 days
Attempt 2: 13 days
Attempt 3: 54 days
This will (hopefully) be my final attempt and I'm onto day 5
Old 07-18-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

needinghelp congratulations on 5 days .
My laptop would run out of ink if I listed all my attempts however when we are attempting we are a lot more sober then not attempting.. We all will make it we just have to keep working.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Day 12 here. Heading into a busy weekend scubadiving, so I won't be on till Monday. Hope everyone stays strong and has a great sober weekend (myself included).
Old 07-18-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I hear that you've slipped again
I'm here 'cause I know you'll need a friend

And you know that accidents can happen
And it's okay,*
We all fall off the wagon sometimes
It's not your whole life
It's only one day
You haven't thrown everything away.

Sixx Am
Old 07-18-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
nmd

Gave in last night on what was day 11. One beer led to six.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
I hope that my eyeball is healed enough to be able to handle the pressure of looking at bikinis all weekend
If the forecast's right, they'll all be wearing wellies, Fixy, and dodging hailstones!

But that's only if you're in the UK!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
nmd

Congrats needinghelp and saoirse, keep racking up those sober days!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Gave in last night on what was day 11. One beer led to six.
So sorry, nmd But good that you came right back here today. You're a Julyer and you can do this
Old 07-18-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post

If the forecast's right, they'll all be wearing wellies, Fixy, and dodging hailstones!

But that's only if you're in the UK!
Myrtle Beach South Carolina.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ T.G.I.F. Edition
~~Envision Your Success~~

~Note~
"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." Helen Keller

~~The Mental Meal~~

Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to envisioning your success! There are people in the world who believe that seeing a thing is what makes it so…. You know the mentality… “Seeing is believing” These people live life on a reactionary basis and only receive what is given or shown to them. Unfortunately, these folks are at the mercy of others and have to learn how to adapt to life instead of having life adapt to them.

Fortunately for you, you understand that in order to have success you must first envision it in your mind’s eye. Don’t say you will believe it when you see it… Know that you will see it once you believe it! Belief is the single most important factor that needs to be strengthened in order to live the life you deserve! The life you are living right now is based on the life you believe you can have!

Step up your expectations and see your dreams come true! Envision your success! Can’t you see??? You are the only thing standing in your way!!! See, believe, and know that all of your prayers have already been answered! Now get to work living that life!

~~Healthy Snacks~~

“The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.-Barbara Kingsolver

“Having a vision for your life allows you to live out of hope, rather than out of your fears.”-Stedman Graham

“Visualize this thing that you want, see it, feel it, believe in it. Make your mental blue print, and begin to build.”-Robert Collier

“All prosperity begins in the mind and is dependent only upon the full use of our creative imagination.”-Ruth Ross

“You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.”-Deepak Chopra

“The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.”-Leonard I. Sweet

“The world belongs to those who cross many bridges in their imagination before others see even a single bridge.”-Chinese proverb

“The difference between great people and everyone else is that great people create their lives actively, while everyone else is created by their lives, passively waiting to see where life takes them next.
The difference between the two is the difference between living fully and just existing.”-Michael Gerber

~~Postscript~~
It's been said that "Without Vision the People Will Perish...Cultivate Your Vision"
Old 07-18-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Way to go, needinghelp and saiorse! Love your determination, oldskoolraver!

Congratulations for passing day 1, Midnight! That was a true test of your resolve. Today must be better

I'm on day 4 of being binge-free and have just come back from a huge supermarket shop where I had to buy slabs of chocolate and packets of biscuits for my partner (bless him) who likes to keep them in the fridge!! But I can do this. And salad is better for you anyway

Wishing everyone a happy Friday xxx
Old 07-18-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
Myrtle Beach South Carolina.
Well, I guess you'll probably get away with it then!

Enjoy, my friend
Old 07-18-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by HopingForZen View Post
Hi July team. Has been a few days and I'm just checking in. Long, very tiring week at work. But, I'm hanging in at day 17. I'm starting to get what people mean when they say that after you quit drinking you have to learn how to process your emotions again.

Had a crappy day, and a weepy evening, and wishing right now that I had a way to cheer myself up that does not involve big freaking bowl-sized glasses of wine. Alas, it seems I must learn to just feel these feelings rather than drown them.

Hope you guys had a better day than me! And good luck with the weekend.
(((((((HopingforZen))))))) Brilliant job on 17 days!
Old 07-18-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

"When that's what you see, that will be me." -Brandi Carlisle.

Day 7. A whole week. I am so proud. And humble that I get to be in this place, because I know it could have gone differently. Feeling strong and committed to another sober weekend, one day at a time.

Have a good day, everyone.

-Lisa.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Realising my life

That's brilliant, Lisa! So pleased for you
Old 07-18-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

[ATTACH]23935[/ATTACH this is what I want to buy with my sober money
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 07-18-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning class of July! Day 14 and pushing forward.

Prayers for you nmd, support and good energy being sent your way. I know the 1 beer= 6 or 8 or pass-out scene all too well. I envy the folks that can enjoy 1 drink and then are finished. I have never been that way and will never be that way. That is why I finally came here to SR, to save my sanity, my family, and my life.

May we all have a good and sober day full of blessings and support!
Old 07-18-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
nmd

Thank you HeadLump and redwings12 for the prayers and support. My AV was whispering on Wednesday and started screaming last night. The thing is in hindsight I know I could have waited it out and it would have passed.

On the positive side, I've managed to get through 2 weekends sober this year and strung together a couple double digit sober stretches. 11 days this time, I had 10 days in June, 7 in March, April/May were mostly a wash. I have a tendency to get down on my self and to go back to drinking after I pick up again, until the progression is obvious. I've seen the same thing with others relapsing here on SR- that or I/they go incognito and stop posting. I messed up, but I'm going to try again.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
nmd

Lisa, 7 days is fantastic!
Old 07-18-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Yup!

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Thank you HeadLump and redwings12 for the prayers and support. My AV was whispering on Wednesday and started screaming last night. The thing is in hindsight I know I could have waited it out and it would have passed.

On the positive side, I've managed to get through 2 weekends sober this year and strung together a couple double digit sober stretches. 11 days this time, I had 10 days in June, 7 in March, April/May were mostly a wash. I have a tendency to get down on my self and to go back to drinking after I pick up again, until the progression is obvious. I've seen the same thing with others relapsing here on SR- that or I/they go incognito and stop posting. I messed up, but I'm going to try again.
That pretty much sums up my year. But I'm encouraged that people do manage to stay sober. We've both seen several examples of that.