Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 14

Old 07-25-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Me too.
I'm here as well. I just don't want to be a post hog on our forum.

Gee,sounds like your ER's are like ours.
Hope you're feeling better.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Have you been busy with work Hun? That's a good thing .:-) I'm glad it's going well for you love xxx
Old 07-25-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hiya Bob ..errrmmmm ..if you scroll up , you will see who the thread hog is .. It's usually that little brindle dog ....

^^^^^^
Old 07-25-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Lol Snoozy.

I had a funny...sentimental day. Friday last year was the 26th....my first sober day. So it was just odd, thinking I was going into my first crack at a sober weekend this time last year.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Oh no Snoozy, hope everything is ok and that you feel better! Do they have any idea what it could be? Sometimes I get like that when my bp is too low.

Going to be a gorgeous day here - going to get out and enjoy it. Was stuck inside all day yesterday, but did make a lot of progress with my daughters room so feeling good about that. Still have a lot more to do, but at least I got it started and that is usually the hardest part for me. I am such a procrastinator.

Anyway, have a great day/night friends
Old 07-25-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Snoozy, I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling unwell. That episode must have been scary for you. Take it easy.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling better, snoozums.
I have to share my laptop with my daughter as hers keeps locking up.
Not sure how I'm going to fix that darn thing. I'm not very good with computers and I thing the hard drive is failing. May be time for a new one.

Gee, hope to hear from everybody. Seems like everyone is very busy, and that's a good thing. Every day seems to be the same ole, same ole here.
Work, get home and water the garden, then watch TV and goof on the internet.
Hoping to take the family fishing on one of out biggest lakes in the North East soon.
I think my daughter will have a blast out on the water in a boat.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Oh Crois, here's a picture of my back yard/hang out spot.
This was taken in June before the flowers started to bloom.
See the screen house?

Yard is a little messy as I needed to cut back the jungle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
192sc.jpg (98.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 07-25-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Another flower butterfly picture.
Snoozy.
Attached Images
006.jpg (93.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 07-25-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Ahhh, the famous screenhouse!

Where the problems of the world get fixed!

I haven't got anything earth shattering to share Bob, lol. Reflecting a bit on the past year, to be honest. It's the 26th here....and Dee, sly dog, it's his birthday....I assume the 26th too.

How did you spend your last night drinking, Bob. Was it anything different, or did you just wake up the next day and say...enough?
Old 07-25-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Don't answer if you don't want to.

I really can't remember what the hell I did the last night, what I drank, or anything.

Well, it wasn't the last night, but to make such a big decision the next day, I find it strange I didn't recall anything bad from the actual night.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I think it was a Friday as I knew I would need the weekend to detox.
I was a closet drinker so I spent a lot of time drinking pints of 90 proof vodka mixed with seltzer water. Was drinking nearly half and half.
Was always and I mean always hung over.

I was beginning to lose hope. It took everything I had this last time.
Didn't think I could do it. But here I am, tomorrow will be a year behind me.
At this point sobriety is everything to me. It allows me to enjoy everything else in life.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope they find the problem & its easily remedied snooz

D
Old 07-25-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
I think it was a Friday as I knew I would need the weekend to detox.
I was a closet drinker so I spent a lot of time drinking pints of 90 proof vodka mixed with seltzer water. Was drinking nearly half and half.
Was always and I mean always hung over.

I was beginning to lose hope. It took everything I had this last time.
Didn't think I could do it. But here I am, tomorrow will be a year behind me.
At this point sobriety is everything to me. It allows me to enjoy everything else in life.
Yeah, me too. Thanks for sharing, Bob. :/

Snooz.....how are you feeling today?
Old 07-25-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Hiya guys , thanks ...I'm feeling a lot better today. I was ok to go to work . The nausea was gone thanks to the tabs , they worked a treat and I only needed 1 for the whole day , not 4 hourly ! Consequently I was able to function much better.

I'm frustrated tho , I'm also worried as my liver function was high last time , so I'm keen to see what's going on there ! Got a few tests ahead of me , starting with my eyes as my vision has become increasingly blurry and another cat scan of my sinuses .

It's a nuisance ...ain't nobody got time for dat!

Hey Crois I'm with you on that , I can't recall the last time i drank .... It may have been when my Mum n Dad and my brother found me in the city , in my work clothes , sitting out the front of a building ...I have no idea where it was ...oh the shame ;/ I did the ring around to anyone who would listen as I was so pissed I didn't know where I was ...omg I'm mortified even recalling this . My poor parents. But god lovem em .

That was my defining moment , but I'm not sure if I drank after that for a bit or not . My memory is crap now ..go figure !

Bob I'm so glad you fought your way hru this last time , giving it everything you have .

You know , we are so bloody lucky ...I wonder why some of us make it and some don't .

I had to clean a patients room yesterday after she died . I had to wait for the undertakers to arrive . I let them in and as they were leaving and took her body past me , with a covered sheet and a single chrysanthemum on the top , it really affected me .

She was on her final journey , free from the pain she had been in . Such a sweet lady and only in her mid 60s . She got liver cancer in May , but was expected to go home after her rehab then into a hospice .

It was quite a shock to see how quickly she went downhill in a few days !

I wish I had seen this before I drank ....I surely wold NEVER have picked up a glass .
Finally more fluid was was coming out of all her pores than they could keep in her body ,

It was sad to see her daughters in there saying goodbye to their Mum ...reality hits hard and we often put ourselves in their position ! Well I do anyhow .

Sorry to sound morbid , but unfortunately , it's a reality of our disease. Liver cancer is an horrific way to go .....so I'll surely keep this beautiful woman in mind .

She left a lovely pink cyclamen flower there , it was dying , so I took it home and I'm nurturing it back to life in her memory .

I'll leave it on my kitchen table to remind me every day of her how short life is and how quickly it can be snatched away .

I think this may have triggered me as I had never smelt death before until I had opened that door . Sad ....

It's life tho , we live , we die ...it's up to us to fill in the dots in the time between xxxxx
Old 07-26-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Happy 1 year Anniversary, Bob. I see it's now 6am on the 26th there for you.
Attached Images
image.jpg (36.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 07-26-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Bobbbbbbbbb

happy , happy first birthday xxxx

image.jpg
Old 07-26-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Bob and Crois , happy birthday , i know you are sober twins and Crois , this day is very symbolic for you too .

Crois You deserve recognition too love , so both of you should feel cause for celebration , we are so proud of you xxx

Much love ;-)

image.jpg
Old 07-26-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Oh Snoozy, thank you. Yes, I am attached to this day. It's when I had my epiphany. My life changed for the better.

I love the fish pic. Bob will love it, lol.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Sorry, you had a rough day Snoozy. I thought I posted earlier. But it mustn't have loaded up when I hit send. :/

Not nice.