Notices

Class of March 2013 part 30

Old 07-14-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Oh and the vet said he sometimes find's it is the owner that needs the tranqs!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

^^^

I love Rainier cherries! They're my favorite! I even have a special cherry pitting tool! I bought it during my gardening/cooking/canning binge of 9 years ago!

I just got back from buying a big order at the supermarket. I got effusive and heartfelt thanks from the bagger and the checker: I do something rare and helpful in the checkout line!

I always thought I did this as some random offshoot of latent OCD--but apparently it is a really helpful thing to organize your groceries as you put them on the conveyor belt!

I group the meats together, the lunch meats together, the frozen foods together, the vegetables and fruits together, and the canned goods together. Tidy little piles. Common sense. I assumed everybody did that so the raw meat wouldn't commingle with the fruit, for instance.

Apparently not! The checker and bagger said that almost nobody does it; they just unload their carts randomly, and it creates a real logjam for the bagger trying to sort things so that the canned goods aren't on top of the bread! It's really bad when the shopper has two carts' worth and the bagger has to pick and choose the items to bag one at a time! Lines back up, and customers get disgruntled.

And the cashiers aren't allowed to give handy hints--they're obliged to just shut up and smile!

So be a little bit **** at the store and make your cashier's day!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Toots, what are "plug-ins" for a cat???
Old 07-14-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Toots, what are "plug-ins" for a cat???
Why do I think you're going to regret asking that?

Old 07-14-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Funny you should post that today, Gilmer. I just did a big run at the market and I placed my groceries haphazardly on the belt. I noted to myself that the bagger was super quick and efficient and when I got home to unload the bags he really had them organized very well so it was easy for me to put them away. I'll have to be more conscientious of how I organize my groceries on the belt from now on.

Had an interesting conversation with my nephew's girlfriend over the weekend. Her mother is a very successful lawyer in NYC and she raised two successful daughters, one went to Georgetown and the other Yale. They have an incredible life, she's super friendly, attractive and fun and as I stated successful. Turns out she's also an alcoholic. She gave up drinking last month after she suffered a fall one night and doesn't remember it. I should know better, I do know better - I just never suspected her.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Why do I think you're going to regret asking that?

I suspect you're probably right, Trachy!
Old 07-14-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Now I can't wait for Toots to show up and fill us in!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers I didn't get here before work (eyebrow appointment) so I've snuck in during morning coffee. Where else but the Marcher thread can you find a conversation about cherries, road kill, plug-ins for cats and how to organise your groceries at the checkout?

Cherries are always expensive in Australia because there are only a few places they can grow, Tassie being the leader. $US7.** sounds ok to me Shoes, so $US2.** is amazing. We rarely pay much less than $12.00 a kilo (just over two pounds). Hey Shoes I got censored for ninety nine too! Can I get censored for 88? No. Is that discrimination? Why is ** censored but not 88? Is 98? Poor **!

Plug-ins for cats are amazing Sass. Marcher cat is almost seventeen, a few years ago he began to act weirdly, he peed in the dog's bed (never behaved this way) and on our bed, meowed endlessly instead of most of the time. We got him checked out and he had the beginnings of dementia so the vet recommended this Feliway product Toots mentioned. It is a miracle! A bottle attaches to a plug that goes in the power point in the wall, then cat phernomes are dispersed and Marcher cat is happy without being drugged. As soon as the bottle runs out (a month in his case) he starts acting up again. I can't recommend it enough -- our vet uses it in their cat and dog holding areas prior to surgeries and it works a treat.

As for groceries Gilmer I'm like you, I line 'em up in groups so they get packed in groups which makes my unpacking easier. I hate unpacking and putting away groceries, it's right up there with ironing.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

What are groceries? If you only buy pot pies they come in easy stackable boxes!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

So true, Budd!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hear ye, hear ye! I just ordered Feliway plug-in diffuser for my rather spoiled cat. I'll let you know how it works out! Is that supposed to be for new home only?
Old 07-15-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
What are groceries? If you only buy pot pies they come in easy stackable boxes!
Separate them into breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert. Easier to put in freezer that way.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:38 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Trach, how can you fit breakfast, lunch, and dinner into your freezer?
Old 07-15-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

All little pot pie boxes, Gilmer!
Old 07-15-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Marcher thank you for filling in on the plug in issue!

Sass it can be used any time, I would definitely recommend using it sooner rather than later if you are moving shortly, as animals will pick up on the fact something is going on different and that can be enough to stress a nervy animal. I hope it helps. I need to get one organised for Molly for fireworks night in November.

Gilmer, I too do the separating thing, but as I come from a country where we don't as a rule have bag packers, I did it because it was logical for me. I still do it though. As a check out girl(woman) I would also look at the belt and try to pick things off in order of heavy, household, unbreakable, frozen, fresh meat, fresh veg, fresh fruit. I do get annoyed if I have taken the time to seperate, the checkout girl then picks things up willy nilly! I also had a bag girl put fresh meat in with fruit, albeit wrapped in another bag, and a can of oven cleaner in with loose salad! I must be really anal to be even writing this stuff, but it does get me riled! Just a thought, if these baggers are handling packaged fresh meat, on and off all day then handling your fresh fruit, how hygienic is that??. Even with baggers I still try to pack most my own stuff.
And another thing, why does it seem to come as a surprise to some folk that they have to pay for their goods? They stand there, thumbs up bums contemplating the ceiling for five minutes while the check out girl and bagger do all the hard work, then spend the next five minutes fumbling around looking for cards or money. And then having finally paid up, they have to start going through their grocery bags to decide ( painfully slowly in which order to place them in the trolley! What can they do it as they are bagged??) and don't get me started on the ignorant cusses who stop suddenly, block aisles or attempt to break your ankles with their trolley!
Darn it! Now I have to meditate before I go to the grocery store today!

If .** gets censored does .69? And what would happen if SR started a Math Club? Dee I really think we need answers. Is this a government conspiracy????

VC, I read of your latest problem you poor thing, I hope the surgery happens soon. You must be thinking someone changed your name to Job when you weren't looking. Bug hugs love xxxx

Oh Budd, what charming folk at that club! I hope Scooter guy is ok. Maybe next year they should raffle a week in rehab!

Shoes, I hope you get your mixer working, I fancy a brownie after my Possum Pot Pe

Hugs to all my Mad March Heirs
Old 07-15-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I'd need a whole batch of brownies after a Possum Pot Pie bleccch!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers There are tiny bits of water coming out of the sky but Mr Marcher says the garden needs a downpour. Maybe it will snow and I can use my new-found snow knowledge about gutters, ice and attic leaks?

Hope you are all well -- have a good day!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about possible snow, Marcher! It will be 3-4 months before I need to contemplate that horror again!
Old 07-15-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Not to gloat about weather but we are having 70 some degree weather with blue skies. It's beautiful. No air conditioning needed. About time. Just our turn I guess. But as we like to say in my part of the woods...if you don't like the weather stick around. It will change. We get all 4 seasons in all it's glory. Sometimes all in the same day. Funny how the world works.

Hahaha math club. Let's see if we can find other numbers it doesn't like. How about 77 or 666.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Nope. Those are okay.

Okay rainier cherries...yum yum. I'm with you Gilmer. What's not to love. Natures candy. I'm still swooning over the $12.ninety nine price tag though Marcher. Eeek. You can get 3 Marie Calendar pot pies for that price.

I had one for dinner last night Budd. Yum yum.

On a sober note. Yakked with friend last night I haven't talked to in long while. She knew me sober back in my 30s. Then knew me drinking. Now knows me sober again. Guess which one she likes better. We go way back. Was kind of fun telling her how its kinda different but kinda the same. Life goes on.

Eyebrows Marcher? Do you get them waxed and shaped? Wish I had lots to wax and shape. I have to fill mine in. I'm a firm believer in eyebrows. If I were stranded on a deserted island and could only have 2 things of makeup I'd have to go with eyebrow pencil and lip gloss. Lip gloss first though. I could always rub two sticks together when I was making a fire and use the burnt ends for EB pencil if I had too.

Other than the up and down moods I'm pretty dull and boring. No news here. I think I forgot how to have fun outside of entertaining myself.

Hi V. I'm thinking about you and sending good vibes your way. I hope you are hanging in there. (((V)))

Hi Duff. Interesting how many people have trouble with alcohol. Interesting in a sad way. I've never been on the friends and family forum. I'm too scared to. I know it would be hard to read how it affected families. I'm not there yet.

How you all doing?
Someone tell me fun story.