Notices

Class of March 2013 part 30

Old 07-09-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

No. I want to get with a company I can work with past the usual retirement age. This may be a way to find that company and the agency also does temp to hire. A company basically buys you out of the agency.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

VC I am honored you want to use my words sweetie!

GracieLou, wonderful to see you here, I too have see. You around the threads, and glad you finally found us reprobates

Trachy, that's wonderful news mate!!

Bud and Marcher, congrats twins x

Dee, glad you are ok with feeling the fear and going with it anyway.

Sass, how is the house sale going??

1day have those selfish neighbours of your still not got their wifi sorted? Or have they gasp.... Shock.... Horror.... Locked it????? Aaaaargh!

All ok in Tootsville,
Old 07-09-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers

Kenny I missed the date yesterday so you celebrate for both of us -- congratulations my wonderful sober twin. Tell Max and Jez to have a pot pie each.

It's very windy and very cold here today with some dire warnings of wind speed but nowhere near the sort of things you US east coast people had the other day.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to the Marcher twins!

Once again, stopping in at the library to catch up the Marcher doings and to say hello... neighbors are still MIA, at least the one connection that had not set up a password.

We had a very interesting storm on Monday at about 8:30pm... the temp dropped 12 degrees in about 15 minutes... tons of lightning, hail, rain; thank goodness I have not noticed any hail damage to my home.

Otherwise, all is calm, and hot.

Maybe I will set up a Paypal account so that the Marchers can support my monthly internet connection (just jokin')....
Old 07-09-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

And, I just wanted to add, that I have been feeling a bit down, and just posted over on the other regular thread I visit about my mood.
I really miss being able to post every day... I may just have to bite the bullet and cough up some money for internet;
I get really lethargic and that feels like depression, when the temperature begins to hit 90+ on a daily basis;
I also have a sore knee, for months, now, and the doc thinks it is arthritis and his recommendation is to swim/do water aerobics and I just don't have the motivation to do it. Work and this heat takes just about everything out of me.
The one thing that makes me happy is to think of places I want to travel to, and then search for places to stay, things to do, and cheap airfare. Now, without the internet available daily, even that is not available to me.
I know someone is going to offer me some cheese to go with this whine...but I just wanted to let my fellow Marchers who also have voiced some feelings here recently that they have some company from Colorado.
On a more positive note, at least coming to the library to use the 'net, I am also getting books and DVD's. I just picked up the DVD August: Osage County, which has gotten some good reviews, so will watch that tonight when I return home from the library.
Oh, and an update on my son and his fiancee: I think he sorted out his conflicts, and it was case of classic cold feet, and now he is ready to get married. However, he is getting mixed messages from immigration: one source is telling him he has until the end of August to get married, another source says the clock doesn't start ticking until he gets the official approval from Turkey. Crazy stuff!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Do you think Turkey will give your son and his fiancee a tough time, 1Day?
Old 07-10-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1Dayatatyme View Post
Otherwise, all is calm, and hot.
It's wild and cold here 1Day.

Re how you feel in the heat do you drink heaps of liquid?
Old 07-10-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good point Marcher dehydration can cause all sorts of issues, I make sure and drink plenty, but the hot sticky feeling constantly and the weight of high humidity can be burdensome.

Sorry you have problems with wind Marcher! I hope Paradise resets itself shortly.

How are your Blues, Shoes? Did you get your thyroid meds checked out?

1day, there are a lot of competitive packages around for wifi these days hon, and if you think of what you are saving a month by not drinking, it is something you deserve to treat yourself to. As hubby always says ' you can't take it with you- or more graphically ' there are no pockets in a shroud'!

I hope everyone is ok with their ups and downs, keep posting, it's what SR is all about. We wouldn't be here if everyone posted 'yay life's a bowl of cherries' every day. Some days you are the pigeon, other days you are the statue.

And on that note, I'm offski
Old 07-10-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Shoes? Oh, SHOOOOooooooeeees.

Got something for you:

Old 07-10-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Well Toots Paradise hasn't reset yet, it's still windy and cold but I must admit I have a laugh for you all. One of my regular customers blew in the door yesterday and said "It's so hot in here!" I had the heaters pumped up of course so I knocked the temp down a bit -- sadly. I'm very green about most things but not heating.

1day, there are a lot of competitive packages around for wifi these days hon, and if you think of what you are saving a month by not drinking, it is something you deserve to treat yourself to.
1Day Toots is right. I save my past booze money every week and buy myself all sort of treats. Why not work out how much you used to spend and save that each week? I have saved literally thousands in twelve months and spent most of it.

Have a good Fritursday peeps.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

1 Day, I agree with Marcher and Toots, buy yourself something. Jezebel wouldn't be with me without saving booze money!
Old 07-10-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
1 Day, I agree with Marcher and Toots, buy yourself something. Jezebel wouldn't be with me without saving booze money!
1day, ditto for me. It's really nice having those rewards. When I quit smoking, I bought a new car -- the money I saved from not smoking covered the car payments. And every time I had a craving for a smoke, I just looked out the window and admired my new car.

Budd, having Jezzie must be an outstanding reward :-)
Old 07-10-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Just a quick hi hubby came home early today, drank three large whiskys in succession and fell asleep on the sofa after really annoying my by acting all idiotic! He is so going to hate getting up for work tomorrow!
I hope those absent are ok, missing you Shoes.

Xx
Old 07-11-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Toots, it sounds like hubby had a tough day yesterday. I hope he doesn't feel too awful today!

Shoes, where are you? I hope you are feeling better!

Marcher, I get the idea that you like it hot but not cold

Welcome to the feeling down club, 1Day. I'm happy to report that I seem to be pulling out of the blahs. My thyroid is normal at last and once I forced myself to get out of the habit of taking two naps a day (and therefore sleep at night again), my mood started improving and I'm cranking along again. :-) I hope all of our blue Marchers perk back up very soon!

Babs, I miss you!

Trachy, Gilmer, Budd, Life, Venus, North, DD, Dee and everyone I've missed, have a beautiful day!

Do you all realize that in about 1 1/2 months it will be 1 1/2 years since our March thread started?!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Wow Sass 18 months of me and none of you have gone postal! That is a new record!!

Hubby didn't seem to be suffering any ill effects- though I doubt he would admit it anyway! He didn't actually have a bad day yesterday, but he finished really early for once and I think he was demob happy!

I'm waiting to find out if we are off on another jolly next weekend, as he has to be back in Atlanta the following Monday. If it's possible for him to ' work from home' on the Friday we can go to Nashville for. Coulda days. If we go, any suggestions would be gratefully received.

I hope everyone is feeling less down, I find it helps to focus on a couple of things in my life that are good, even if it is the beauty of a sunny day, or the innocence of a child's laughter at a swing park.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Same applies to me, Toots, about new record, lol! I also agree that focusing on good things helps a lot. And they certainly can be small and simple things. Sometimes I find that just putting a smile on my face makes me feel a bit more ready to face the day :-)
Old 07-11-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Budd, having Jezzie must be an outstanding reward :-)
Not only was she a great reward, but also, for me, a sign of how much I had changed and how far I had come.

When my last dog, my Bulldog Deuce, passed away I knew I was in no shape to get another dog. I was working long hours at 2 jobs and spending a few hours every night with a bottle of Jose. The time I did have was spent sleeping off another binge.

Most days I was away from my place for at least 14 hours. That wouldn't have been fair to a dog.

Now, every morning I wake up to a reminder of how much better things are.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's a good day to pop in here for lunch, Mum has friends coming so there is casserole, roast brussels, sourdough and chocolate cake at the ready, there is more than enough to feed the four of them so come on down. These are "girls" she used to play tennis with, not a girl under 80 now, they'll have a great time catching up with a warming lunch on a winter's day.

We seem to have a few Marchers MIA, I hope everyone is well and reading the chat at least.

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Do you all realize that in about 1 1/2 months it will be 1 1/2 years since our March thread started?!
Sass I thought of that last night as I was getting ready for bed! It's the next big milestone I think.

Thinking of all of you, have a good day.

ETA Twilight Zone Music: Sass we had that thought about am hour apart, I just checked your post!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

My son and his two cousins have been earning money this summer. Yesterday they announced that they'll be going to the amusement park next Tuesday! So I swallowed hard and oriented myself to the idea that we'd be driving two hours through rush hour to pay a crapload of money to stand in long, long lines in the blazing hot sun for about six hours. My sister-in-law volunteered to come with me.

The way she said it, it sounded like she was surprised I was going. I thought that was my job as a parent--I try to bite the bullet and do it every summer. We did it last summer.

Then I realized that as of tomorrow my son has his driver's license! He can drive where he wants without clinging to mommy's apron string!

Crap! And now I've already volunteered to go! In my heart, I know he's too discombobulated to get down I-95 (bumber-to-bumper traffic for 45 minutes and three lanes of speeding, jockeying trucks for the rest of the trip.

I've got to steel myself to make the best of it.

Up to age 40 I used to love amusement parks! But something changed when I started getting headaches and whiplash on rollercoasters. Now they just fill me with dread. I'm not scared of them--I just don't like them at all anymore.

The only thing I like are the big swings that go in a circle. That and the water park--but I hear there's going to be a new "polar vortex" coming in next week that will make it too cold for swimming. Oh, well--I guess that will make the lines more bearable!

I will be praying my head off to get the grace I need to have a chipper mindset about this latest exploit!
Old 07-12-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Gilmer, can't you drop them off and go see a movie or something else? Or if you have to go to the park, take a good book and find a quiet corner. Sounds like the boys are old enough not to need you trailing round everywhere with them. You could always have hourly meet points to keep check?

Budd isn't it lovely to have such a wonderful tangible loveable reminder of the joys of sobriety.

Marcher, I know everything will be eater and enjoyed by now, but I would definitely have loved to be there!

Sass, there really can be something in the 'fake it til you make it' though of forcing a smile, I guess we all have to find our own ways of fighting off our darkest clouds.

I hope North, 1day, Shoes, that you are finding your clouds are lightening and lifting.

Big huggy loves to all my Marchers xxxx