Notices

Class of March 2013 part 30

Old 07-12-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Toots, the park is in the middle of nowhere--no town attached;

Plus, my s-i-l is very hands-on with her kids (homeschool mom). She will have packed lunches, snacks, drinks, etc. to distribute at various times of the day. In the past we have just sat together on a bench and talked while the kids were waiting in line for an hour (or on a ride for 30 seconds! ).

I am already more geared up for it today than I was yesterday. By the time Tuesday rolls around, I may have worked myself up into an frenzy of joy!
Old 07-12-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Checking in and sending my best to all Marchers. Hanging in, no desire to drink it away.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Glad to see you, North! Big love atcha!
Old 07-12-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Shoes weather report. Dark clouds passed with no down pour of booze.

I'm feeling somewhat normal again. Did get in to have my thyroid checked before it was due. Told doctor this just ain't me. I don't do depressed. I get sad once in awhile like everybody else but not depressed. I no like this.

He suggested I get back on my vitamins and we are running the thyroid check. I got a 5 that says it just ain't quite there yet. But close. He said we were getting close. I said well let's move a little faster on that one.

I did take your advise Dee and Trach. Dance and boogie. I found a pair of tap shoes at the thrift shop. Brand new. In my size. $5. I'll be d*mned. How have I lived this long without them! Life...you will be so proud of me!! I think of you when I practice.

Only downside is the only place I can practice is on my bathroom tile. Everywhere else is carpet. It's quite the scene me in my tiny bathroom with my YouTube tap lessons going on my ipad propped up on the toilet seat. Hahaha. It's a blast! I'm horrible. I don't care. It makes me laugh. I want to wear those damn shoes everywhere. I may very well wear them to work. I can tap in the office kitchen and drive them all nuts.

Oh oh oh! I found a vintage mixmaster! It ain't pink but it's a pretty white and it's like new. From the 50s. I now have every vintage kitchen appliance known to man and I don't even cook. Hahaha. Found a funny old cookbook with the title Food Health and Disease. Lovely. Appetizing sounding isn't it? 40s with recipes for health. Don't quite understand how lard, butter, and sugar worked their way into most of these recipes but hey...it ain't like I'm actually going to use them. Only purpose of the cookbook is to shock anyone who goes in my kitchen and put that WTF look on their face I love seeing so much.

It will sit next to the Fondue for Fun cookbook.

Hope you are all doing okay. If you are having a spell hang in there. Take your vitamins North! Folic acid. Doc told me to make sure I get folic acid. Helps brain neurons or something. I'm sure I fried a few of those so I'm on it! I'll take all the help I can get.

How's your dad Gilmer??
Old 07-12-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

SHOOOOeeeessssss!

I had a funky pair for you but they didn't like me linking...here's the website:

15 Cool and Unusual Shoes – DesignSwan.com
Old 07-12-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey! Ken gave me the puppy dog shoes on there as a present once! Now I now know where he shops.

I love those Trach!!! Really. I love the sling shot ones...those would be handy. And I really really really love those architecture ones at the end. That's some serious art there. They deserve to be in the Guggenheim for sure.

Thanks!!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Shoes, you need a roadkill recipes cookbook!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I had to go look at those beauties again. Seriously. They are beautiful.

Hi Budd! I have one called the White Trash Cookbook. It uses a lot of Spam in the recipes. Highly an unfair prejudice of Spam in my opinion.

I'll amazon around for the road kill one. Gag. I'm sorry. I would eat grass and twigs first before I ate road kill. Even other animals don't eat road kill. Except maybe buzzards. You ever see any other animal nibbling on a carcass other than a buzzard? What's that tell you?

I wonder who eats buzzards? Everybody is somebody on the food chain.

I was hungry but not so much now. The RK cookbook may very well be the best weight loss secret out there. I can't even imagine eating after looking at that. I can't even eat now that I'm just thinking about it. Ugh. Lol
Old 07-12-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Nothing eats buzzards, Sboes. Somebody shot one on our property and we left the carcass in the field. With every other carcass the bones are stripped overnight--not with the buzzard!

My dad is just as confused, but not nearly so panic-stricken, Shoes. I think he has developed confidence in me to keep things moving smoothly.

I just went on my nature hike (in 90 degree heat--aack, but there was a lot of shade--lots of trees). Judging from what I saw last weekend, I expected to pick a good half pint of juicy ripe blackberries today--but NO! Some animal thief got to them. The thickets were absolutely bare--you couldn't even see where any berries had been! What a letdown!

But there were consolations. I saw some really cool dragonflies--big, black wings with a striking black and white body; a gaggle of turkeys; and a big, beautiful box turtle crossing the path! Too bad i didn't have my camera! He spotted me a good ways away and stood perfectly still (as if he'd blend in--ha!). When I got next to him, he pulled in his tail and stretched out his neck. I didn't stop--I just walked on and let him have his privacy!
Old 07-12-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 07-12-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Yummy ^^^^^
Old 07-12-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Yuck!!!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

A welcome home present Shoes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (21.7 KB, 33 views)
Old 07-12-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hello All!

Tonight I went back to the club from last weekend, the Sons and Ladies Auxiliary turned the dining room into a theater tonight, they did a great job. there was fresh popcorn, hot dogs, hamburgers and ice cream. We watched the movie "Young Frankenstein". Everyone had fun, we even had the old time movie theater intermission, complete with the "Lets all go to the Lobby" vignette.

I also heard about the collateral damage from last weeks BBQ/Scooter Raffle.

The bar manager that was too drunk to give a coherent speech tried to fire the bartender for cutting him off and calling him a taxi. Fortunately the Board of Directors stood behind her.

The Sons commander that got pissy sent an angry email off to the guy that did all the work on the raffle, then tried to downplay it during the week.

The guy that won the scooter rode it up there Wednesday, sat at the bar for 10 hours and crashed it a block away when leaving. He's in bad shape and had to be airlifted to Miami.

And three other bar regulars are in the hospital with booze related issues.

I am so glad to be out of that nonsense. I will keep taking care of the aquarium and will go on future movie nights, but other than that, I wont be going in anymore. Just not worth it to see what I may have ended up like.

Trach, does the possum come in a pot pie version?

I always like the time of year around here when the Turkey Buzzards come visiting. When I lived in Chicago, I was a member of Brookfield Zoo and I adopted the turkey buzzard and the hairy nosed wombat. Everyone else wanted the cute and cuddly animals. Me, I took to the unwanted and misunderstood.

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Old 07-12-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Marchers! We are just back from a new produce market in the same suburb as our shop. It was packed with people so I think it could be called a runaway success. I have purple carrots and kale, dutch cream spuds, zucchini, apples, eggplant, cherry tomatoes (yes in winter). Happy, happy.

Shoes do you wear your tap shoes when you mix things in the mixer? I can just see you wearing tap shoes.

Have a good weekend peeps.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Wow Ken, that is some collateral damage.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well of course, Ken

Old 07-12-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

^^^^^ yay^^^^^
Old 07-13-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

What is that heart-shaped thing on top--looks like some sort of entrails!
Old 07-13-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I think that's two shrivelled possum tails Gilmer. Egon Ronay would be spinning in his grave! I wonder if the recipe earned a Michelin Star? Budd, Trachy, no offence my lovely ones, but never, and I mean never, invite me for tea!

Marcher, I love when markets like that are popular, I'm sure food that hasn't earned air miles is healthier.

How are all our absentee Marchers? Can we get a quick shout out please??