Class of July 2014

Old 07-01-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hello

Honestly I'm just shooting for a dry July. Good to be here
Old 07-01-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi flickedhisbic and Serinidad & NovaTex

Flick , what a dilemma ! You know the old saying , it's like putting an alcoholic in charge of a pub! Your situation isn't that far removed .

I personally wouldn't be able to do it , even after being a year sober .

If you have a talent for selling wine , you obviously have expertise in sales etc and I'm sure your gift would be just as suited in other business .

Not a good decision to have to make. But at the end of the day , you have to do what is right by you , that keeps you sober, that keeps you functioning .

Only you are the one who can make that decision..what a tricky one xx

Good luck xx
Old 07-01-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Starting Day 2 in Germany this morning.

I've had other "day One's." This time feels different, better. I'm hypoglycemic; I've gone to a Paleo style diet, dropping carbs, and eliminating the "mutually supporting cravings" that come from low blood sugar.

Good luck to everyone else and I enjoy this forum.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

flickedhisbic:

Think Sam Malone. . . . . . He did okay.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hiya July1 ;-)

You might want to check out the ' heaters ' thread . It's healthy eating and i know a few of the girls have adopted the paleo lifestyle .

It's not for me lol , but you can share lots of tips etc xx
Old 07-01-2014, 11:03 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks Q I'll check it out

I feel it right away.... Used to think having a carb blast from a piece of pizza would kill the urge for the alcohol

Not for me! Quite the opposite
Old 07-01-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to all you new guys too - nikos sunshinesmile facingfuture, petals, ronjohn flickisbic serenidad, NovaTex and July1.

D
Old 07-01-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Checking in for day 2!!! Made it through day 1 but boy did I feel awful!! All the usual withdrawal symptoms, scary! This morning, feeling a bit weird but gonna make it through the day alcohol free!! Good luck all..
Old 07-02-2014, 01:04 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

So upset. Today is Day 1. I was up to 13 days sober, and it all went wrong yesterday. Today I should be celebrating 2 weeks sober, but I'm back where I started instead. I was tired and had a terrible headache, after a horrendous day in work, and somehow that alcoholic voice won over. Disgusted with myself. Drank a whole bottle of vodka, and it wasn't even worth it. I've disappointed myself and my partner too. He'd been watching my recovery and admiring my strength to do it, and then had to witness my drunkenness once more yesterday. Yet again I've had to make up an excuse not to be in work, no way I could go in with the state I'm in.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:23 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi guys, going to try and check in here often
ANEWDAY20014, I can just imagine how your feeling. We give in to it and then feel like complete rubbish. I like your comment ' it wasn't even worth it' and I'm going to keep that in mind when I'm struggling this week.Well done for getting straight back on track. It's my birthday July 4th and the best present I can give myself is sobriety. Totally free too.
If I'm tempted I'm getting straight on here
Stay strong and well done everyone
Old 07-02-2014, 01:31 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Bellaboos, stay strong! It's worth it. I haven't had a sober birthday in 10+ years. Actually, one year I got so trashed the night before I was too sick to drink on my actual birthday. Couldn't even eat, I managed to keep soup down at 9pm on the day. That was a real low point for me.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing well today. Day 3 and keeping my guard up as the holiday approaches.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning all..

July 2nd....day 2 ...

ANewDay2014.....you statement it is not even worth it....is so accurate.
My AV convinces me that it is ok...to drink...then it turns into something else....something just sad...being hung over is bad...but the disappointment in yourself for me is the worse.

You can do this......

Jim
Old 07-02-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Day 10 for me. Yay!

I am at work so I need to get going. I wish you all another 24.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi,

Just reading through yesterday's posts. I got through Day 1, it was hard. I love to drink beer (good craft beer) while I am gardening and working around the house, turn up the tunes, and have a little party. However, the party doesn't last very long and then I am not much good. Trying to kick this habit and the 25 pounds it has added over the past 10 years.

My mother is battling another bought of addiction with prescription drugs (after numerous surgeries) to a very dangerous level. Although we are close, we haven't spoken since April 20, because in our last conversation I told her she needed to get help and she got very pissed off.

I am trying to fight my battle so that I am not hypocritical.

So here I am beginning Day 2 and gathering strength.

Thank you.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Day 4 today, on vacation and prepping for the long holiday weekend at the cabin with a large group of family. This is a situation where I have in the past thrown in the towel and drank heavily. Changes for this year are the mobile hotspot I bought so I could continue with my almost obsessive forum reading and my 19 month old grandson. I want him seeing happy, energetic and fun Grammy not drunk then hungover Grammy. I babysat him yesterday and we had so much fun! An open bottle of wine was on the counter and it did not tempt me in the least.

I haven't posted much but I have been reading reading reading. SR is the best.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Actually day 5!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I was so sad to read about your relapse, ANewDay2014. People will be annoying, you will have stresses, but none of this is worth drinking again, and no amount of alcohol will make you feel better. A temporary shut down is just not worth it. There's always going to be the next day, full of guilt and regret and awful physical side-effects. If I remember correctly, you had a business trip coming up, focus on getting yourself sober and well beforehand, come into it prepared, get the books you wanted to. You can do it, start today! You can celebrate your 2 weeks, and 3, and many many afterwards.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks Melki. Your words encourage me! This set back was a wake up for me. I don't even enjoy drinking any more!! When I enjoyed it, the hangover was worth it, but feeling miserable, it's not worth the trouble. My life has improved 100% the last 2 weeks and I want that back. At least I know my trigger, stress and feeling a bit tired. The business trip does not worry me now because I know without a doubt I definitely do not want to be in the state I was yesterday whilst away!
Old 07-02-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi all, day two here Ive been in many classes so have managed to get some sober time from a few days to a few months but end up relapsing so back to the hell of day two again (and yes the kindling effect does get worse Im keeping on trying though not giving up. Going to really try to work out where my trigger points are that lead me to relapsing, they don't seem to be the same everytime, think I need to make a list. Like day 1 as the 1st of July though feels easy to remember. Hope everyone is feeling ok and not struggling too much. Peace X