Old 06-01-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back GCG
what the plan?

D
Old 06-01-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, thanks for the welcome. I went to a great AA meeting on Sat with Liss74. I even got asked to speak which was a bit daunting but managed to stutter something out. I will go back to that meeting again and just sit and absorb. I am going to be Liss's sober buddy. I am also going to get some healing/hypnotherapy from a wonderful lady whose meditation classes I go too. Also keep logging on here.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Welcome back GCG. Your post hit me as the most beautiful thing imaginable today! I’m so glad that you and Liss74 are teaming up, I remember her from last year’s February class and I know that you will be a tremendous support for her, and she for you. May God bless you both with the strength, courage and faith to break through to a solid road of recovery. As always GCG, this is your class too and I am honored to be able to share this journey with you…and Liss!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

You do sound great SCF, thank you for the positive post. My 6 month milestone falls on my birthday this year; I only wish I were turning 30! What day of the month? I want to be sure to congratulate you properly!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Welcome back GCG, nice to her from you
Old 06-01-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

SCF - happy almost 5 months! What a wonderful plan to end your 20s sober.

GCG - I am so glad to see you, and happy to hear you and Liss will be there for each other. I hope you stay with our group - everyone's path is different but we all started together and when it comes down to it we all only have today.

Odelle, here's hoping we both have a little easier week but you are right - it is nice to be able to step up when I need to.

Kris - yay for a day off. I hope your pain is better. And that the stress is under control.

I've been sick all weekend - totally down for the count even though it's "just" a cold. No fever, but so incredibly tired and head like a brick. I have so appreciated being able to have a couple down days though. Yesterday I laid on the couch for like six hours in a row and watched old West Wing episodes. My oldest daughter watched a while before she pronounced it "boring an old". Hah! I am finding so much pleasure in simple things so even being sick has moments of gratitude.

But tomorrow it all has to go away, please.

Have a good week everyone.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling better after a good restful nights sleep, Adee.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone and thank you Odelle for your lovely post. It made my day too x
Old 06-02-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Not much happening over this way. It's raining but such a lovely day.

Today I'm counting my memories of 34 years with my husband and adding to that my 139 days of sobriety. One couldn't ask for more!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Well I had an interesting experience. I was having some major mood issues, and I decided to try taking the Prozac my doc rx'd last year. For 3 days I thought it was fine, then on the evening of the third day all hell broke loose!!! Ohhhhhh it was bad. It started as a sense of unease, I recognized it right away from my hungover days, ANXIETY. I tried to go to bed and had terrible half awake/half asleep nightmares. Popping awake with a start, then my heart was jumping around wildly, then my head started tingling and getting hot and turned into a full-blown panic attack. I wondered the dark house seriously considering going to the ER. It passed eventually.
Such a reminder of those days waking up from a pass out.
Errrghhhh, it took 2 more days just to feel normal. NEVER AGAIN.
Sober Sally ALL the way for me I guess.

In case I forget, next Sunday marks 5 months for me!
Old 06-02-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Morning all. It's early here 6am ish but forgot again how sober me doesn't sleep very well. Good chance to hop on here anyway.

Huge pressure from work at the moment with new clients and training new team members and then problems with our power tripping and the electrician still not sure why. Anyway got thru it without picking up where this is all I usually need as a reason. Meditation class tonight, can't come fast enough! Have a great day everyone x
Old 06-02-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary Kris - 34 years, congratulations!

I'm sorry the Prozac didn't work for you Arctic, for some (me included) the side effects outweigh the benefits. Hopefully, with continued sobriety, you won't need them anyway.

Hang in there GCG, the sleepless nights are worth it. It will get better!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prozac unnerved me - I felt jittery and although I felt happy I knew it was fake so that gave me anxiety...

this was 25 years ago tho. There's a huge range of anti-ds available now.
Would you consider trying another Arctic?

D
Old 06-02-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Nope. :P I'm pretty sure that panic attack spelled the end for me, concerning AD's.....
Think I will give St johns wort a try though.....
Old 06-03-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good morning class.

I'm happy and grateful this morning - finally feeling a little better, slept great last night with my seven year old curled up at my side. Waking up sober and clear NEVER gets old. Every single morning, regardless of the day ahead, I wake up proud and happy that I didn't drink the day before.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Feeling the gratitude this morning, too, Adee. Doesn't it feel good?!

We're off to town. Wherever you are in the day, have a good one!
Old 06-03-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Morning all. Arctic, I totally relate to what you are experiencing. It took 4 attempts at different AD before we found the right one for me. My doctor felt so bad for me, he really went above and beyond to try and help me. It was a really difficult time in my life but thankfully, even though I didn't think I would, I finally got thru it. I may need to be on them for the rest of my life but I see no stigma in that as long as I can lead a happy life. Take care my friends. Suz xxx
Old 06-03-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hey all, whew, just spent the last half hour bringing myself up to date. I'm still clean and sober and wow does it ever feel great when I'm no longer wondering in my head because I have sleep apnea will this be the night. Now I can wake up and just get up and go about my days. I have a sponsor in AA, and I'm blessed to have him.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

That is wonderful news Nissan99, it just keeps on getting better, one day at a time, doesn't it? Have you notice an improvement in the sleep apnea in sobriety? I know my insomnia is almost nonexistant. I wish I knew that drinking was the culprit for the past few decades, I think that would have motivated me to quit a long time ago!