Notices

Class of January 2014 Part 9

Old 05-28-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you think you might be depressed Arctic?

D
Old 05-28-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Do you think you might be depressed Arctic?

D
I agree, with Dee, Arctic. It is not uncommon for us Alcoholics to self medicate some underlying emotional, mental issue.

Finnie, I am glad you have found something that is working for you. AA is not a one size fits all.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

We're here for you.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Figured I would check back in. I'm starting at day 1 again. I was up to 102 when I had a beer on vacation with dinner. Then two the next Friday and so on. Nothing huge or earth shattering but just the gradual increase back up until it's almost a 6 pack a night again over the course of a month.

So here I am being sober on Thursday May 29th.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Kiya

D
Old 05-29-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Welcome back Kiya. I think that all of us think we are different; that we will be able to control the alcoholic behavior once we've gotten some solid sobriety time, but rarely does that happen. Don't beat yourself up over the relapse, we've all been there. Lesson learned, and back on track!
Old 05-29-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Welcome back Kiya!

We all are just one drink away.

Glad you're here.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

As Time Goes By...

4 months & 3 weeks for me today. However many days that is... In a sign of the personal times, I was thinking today was 4 months & 2 weeks. I keep track 'some', but only occasionally. Lotsa lil House Projects keeping me busy.

The only pseudo-challenge of the week was when an old Friend visiting his Daughter wanted to meet us at a new local Brewpub. Turns out it was convenient for his Daughter & Fiance; only blocks from their House. Yah, well, OK.

It was sort of a non-event, Trigger-wise. Yah, there's the Brewing Tanks behind Glass, and a well-stocked Bar off to one side. Lots of blathering on about Beer on the Menu. 4/5 Persons drank. I stuck with my Lemonade. I got into detailed conversation with the Fiance Dude, since he was a Project Manager in high end House Construction. I designed and built our Solar Retirement House. Plenty to talk about.

The Brewpub shtick was all about Chicken and Pork and Down Home Side Dishes. Quite good. Heavenly Biscuits. We'll go there again.

No Alcohol 'Jones' whatsoever. Stick a Fork in my Azz. I'm done.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Congrats Mesa on a job well done. Just remember not to get complacent around the old brew. The food sounds good!

Adee, a little bird told me it's 5 months for you! Woo, Hoo! You GO Girl!

I hope everyone else is hanging tough, too.

Congrats to those sober today!

Busy, busy day ahead...........
Old 05-30-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Yes, thanks, Kris! I took a five month coin at a meeting this morning and I'm just feeling so, so great about being at this place, at this moment in time. The gift of sobriety to me is that I am having more and more moments where NOW is a ok, or even wonderful place to be. And when it isn't so wonderful I'm starting to have faith that staying sober will eventually get me back there. Life is good.

I haven't been writing simply because I've been so slammed at work - it's been a very difficult time in some way which makes me that much more grateful for the peace I have in my life.

Wishing all of you the very best. Let's all keep going. Kiya, glad you are back.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Adee

Good to see everyone here doing well

D
Old 05-30-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I went back to aa tonight! Two nights ago I said I was finished with it for good.

You can never trust your first instinct. Sleep on it before you make a big decision!
Old 05-30-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good on you, Finnie.

Just keep on doing whatever works!
Old 05-30-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 5 months Adee! Work has been draining me this past week too, but it sure feels good keeping up with the blistering pace. You really do sound good Adee, I'll bet your kids absolutely love having mom at 100%.

MesaMan, great job on getting through the the evening unscathed! I'll echo Kris's encouragement to keep it up class because we are moving forward! Before you know it, we'll be toasting our one year anniversary, with lemonade of course!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Now I'll drink to that~!!!
Old 05-31-2014, 10:06 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Been a busy hectic three weeks for me but I'm happy to say that I'm on a very nice summer break for a while. I wasn't sure if I would make it but on June 4, I will be at 5 months. It's been an interesting road as of late. I've never been so clear minded and focused in a long time so I'm trying to take advantage of where I'm at right now and progress further into more success. I hope everyone from class of january sticks around here and keeps posting every once in a while. I enjoy hearing everyone's progress and it helps me with my progress. My 6 months will land interestingly on July 4. I rarely announce my age nowadays to the world but I will be turning 30 years of age in June. I intend to remain sober the tail end of my 20s. Thanks for reading and everyone have a great weekend!
Old 05-31-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your progress and on your upcoming birthday SCF

D
Old 06-01-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hello Friends,

What a wonderful way to begin life in your 30's SCF. Congrats on your 5 months!

Artic, are you feeling any better?

So thankful here for a day off.

Wishing everyone a beautiful day.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SilentCinemaFan View Post
Hi all,
Been a busy hectic three weeks for me but I'm happy to say that I'm on a very nice summer break for a while. I wasn't sure if I would make it but on June 4, I will be at 5 months. It's been an interesting road as of late. I've never been so clear minded and focused in a long time so I'm trying to take advantage of where I'm at right now and progress further into more success. I hope everyone from class of january sticks around here and keeps posting every once in a while. I enjoy hearing everyone's progress and it helps me with my progress. My 6 months will land interestingly on July 4. I rarely announce my age nowadays to the world but I will be turning 30 years of age in June. I intend to remain sober the tail end of my 20s. Thanks for reading and everyone have a great weekend!
Congrats and happy upcoming 30th. You sound so upbeat and positive, wonderful! Very inspiring.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi friends, just checking in. Day 2. I wanted to be back amongst my Jan 14 friends. Hope that is okay xxx