Notices

Class of January 2014 Part 9

Old 06-04-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Nissan, glad to see you checking in! Arctic - I think I know about a split mix of people - those who say it was worth the trial and error to find an AD that worked for them and those that say ADs are simply not the answer for them. It's a very personal decision but maybe talk to your doctor? My husband suffers from clinical depression and my take on it is it's not something you mess around with. Call in the cavalry if you think you are experiencing an episode of depression - doctor, counselor, minister, whatever. Depression and alcoholism share a lot of similarities and so I think they feed each other and their favorite food is isolation and self reliance. I'm sorry you have been struggling and I hope for better days for you.

I'm feeling super super stressed lately and also super super tired, to the point that I took a sick day yesterday after arriving at work and realizing I was just not well enough in any way and driving home. I made an appt with my doctor on Friday to try to get to the bottom of the fatigue. I'm not sure it is all stress - I've been stressed many times in my life but lately if I sit down I practically fall asleep and that is adding to my stress. I have a vacation coming up in a few weeks that I'm counting down towards.

In good news, I finally have a sponsor in AA and that is such a relief because I was feeling I was overdue but it is very, very hard for me to ask someone for help. I do feel like my recovery is moving forward in leaps and bounds and I am in learning overdrive, which perhaps explains some of the exhaustion, I don't know. But I feel really proud of myself that I continue to push myself into new situations that challenge me but also end up really helping me. I'm changing, and change is hard but it is necessary in this instance.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Adee, that's great news about getting a sponsor, it really helps when you have someone that is almost like your psychologist but really understands what you are going through. And Odelle, I thought about that as well but my roommate back in rehab used to complain if I didn't wear it as I would snore very loudly, and he would hear me gasping for air (when my airway would get obstructed). I may have another sleep study done but I went without it on a trip and always felt tired the next day. As far as your insomnia, I suspect you were like me and used to drink when nobody was around or at night, on message boards, Facebook, twitter, email, internet. The glare of a computer screen causes brain stimulation as well as the time just going by quickly when on the internet….and drinking. I was the same way.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Nissan

I hope your Dr can get to the bottom of it adee - and congrats on your sponsor

D
Old 06-04-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Good to see you Nissan and hear things are going well for you.

Adee, I hope it is nothing serious and that you will get back to sorts on your vacation time. Congrats on finding a sponsor.

Now that I'm back in MI, I'm still looking for a sponsor. My sponsor in FL............. we still talk every few days so that helps. I just miss the one on one times at each other homes and reading the BB.

Artic, hope you're feeling better.

As for me, I still struggle with sleeping. I had problems even before I quit drinking too though. I'm to see an endocrinologist soon to see if he can offer any insight.

Odelle, hope all is good for you too.

Congrats to us sober today!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Thanks for the mention Kris. You are a great and inspirational example, and I appreciate your chearleading. I'm completely exhausted from my therapy session this morning, and my sponsor has been here 6:00 PM for us to finalize steps 5, 6 and 7. WOW what an emotional experience. I love this man, he such an inspiration and is truly keeping me on track one day at a time. Good for you in staying strong with your move. I'm sure GOD will put the right sponsor in front of you when the time is right. That's how it happened for me.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Thanks Nissan for reminding me to ask God today for a sponsor and where He wants me to be.

Congrats on getting through steps 5.6 and 7!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hey all,
Well it's finally here. I finished my last day at the studio and now I'm on a nice six week break for a while. My birthday is on June 15 in case anybody was wondering. I am looking forward to what life has to offer me during this much needed time off and focus more on myself and what my personal goals are. Thank you to everyone who have contributed in here the last 5+ months you have all been helping me stay sober and not feel so lonely at night. I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays sober!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Administrator

you'll still be posting here tho SCF?

D
Old 06-05-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Yes Dee, I'll still be posting here even if it's a couple times per week, I will still be here to support everyone and hopefully receive support in return.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:06 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear SCF - I'm sure you will
see you on the 15th, if not before

D
Old 06-06-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Congrats on earning some well deserved downtime for yourself. Congrats especially so for your upcoming birthday. See you around some.

No sleep last night and am off to the big town for a doc appt.

Wishing everyone a wonderful and sober weekend!
Old 06-06-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Freedom Friday

19 weeks today, or how ever many days that equals.

A Belated Birthday Dinner in my honor last night at a Couple's House. All were had by a good time. I was perfectly happy with my Ginger Ale sans the 'Coconut Rum' the other 3 added to theirs in a Pitcher-full mix. Not an AV issue whatsoever. Being 40 Proof, instead of 80, Folks stayed reasonable w/o being sloshed. My kinda Drinkin', given that I'll likely always encounter it somehow...

We're busy getting this City House prepped to sell soon, and attending to all the details you never muck with when you live in a place.

Away to our local Dog Park soon in gorgeous Weather. It's a pleasant load off to not have to smuggle a Vodka Handle out to the SUV right now, or plan which Liquor Store opens earliest today for a morning purchase [8 A.M., but who's counting]. Or, carefully guess if I could even hold down a piece of Toast until I could get over to the well-hidden back of the local Grocery Store for a major swig on the way to the Dog Park. What an utterly-bizarre Schedule I'd addicted myself into. A quick daily reminder to myself of all that former weirdness shuts any AV noise right the eff up. And, there's not much of that noise these days.

Life is good. Sober Life is better.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Tried posting grumpy cat's "I'm still here" picture, but nothing. I think that sums up my week! Grumpy.....still here!

Last edited by Odelle; 06-06-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: picture didn't post :(
Old 06-06-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Administrator

you need the image file Odelle - something with jpg or png on it.
You'll get that by right click 'view image'

D
Old 06-06-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Ooooooooooooooooops!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lol.

D
Old 06-06-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Dee, be careful who you give instructions to! Sorry, I couldn't resize it. But that sums it up for me, one big grump this week. Blah! Work load is getting to me, they just keep piling it on. I guess it's time to start looking for something else, I'm not crazy about this job any way, so what do I have to lose?
Old 06-06-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a plan Odelle

D
Old 06-07-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Odelle.

Ask God where He wants you to be.

Is that a mountain lion? lol. You'll get the hang of it soon enuf.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Busy day here as Saturdays are my first day every week to work with new clients.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

lol Odelle. I love it!

I got really grumpy this week, too. On the day I was sick, my boss asked me to call in for a meeting and I was so resentful I couldn't take a damn sick day! I was in the grocery store when he texted me, getting a few things before I went home to get in bed and I was so angry that I did the most rebellious thing I could consider at 9am on a Tuesday. I bought a box of twinkles. I don't think I've eaten a twinkie in about 25 years but I was GOING to eat twinkles. I guess that would really show them! I actually hid them from my kids but my 7 year old found them anyway, so I got busted and had to share.

Better twinkles than wine, I guess. But yeah. Hard week. And yeah, we are STILL HERE. Which is pretty awesome, in a grumpy kind of way.

Day 160 today! Isn't that crazy? I never want to take these sober days for granted. Have a great day everyone.