Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 5

Old 05-02-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You are not alone ST

We are here to support you, complain all you want.
I think it is sleep deprivation.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Love that topspin!
I had someone in my life when i was a child that taught me what he called "good day, bad day" and he taught me I could make that decision everyday. Its always stuck with me.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Solitary, be careful with St John's wort, it's contraindicated with many medications, including anti depressants.
Sometimes when I start spinning out of control over all of the things wrong with my life singing as loud as I can helps me feel better. It focuses your breathing just like meditation, but you don't have to focus on clearing your mind. I put on music that works with my range, and belt it out, much to the amusement of my neighbors, I'm sure. Sing from your belly, not your throat. It really helps.

MrsBee, I used to be a wine buyer, your favorite wine is on sale through the distributor, and will be for at least the whole month. Brace yourself.

I have no time to write more right now, but I'm thinking of you all.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Day 5 and can't wait to say day 30 on here! So I have bingo to go to tonight with friends and I made sure to volunteer to drive just in case there is beer there or one of my friends decides she wants to go out after I can say "Nope I have to get home".

Started reading The Sober Revolution last night and wow has it reasonated with me. I am really enjoying the authors perspective and how a sober life can be achieved and one can be HAPPY for it.

I hope the rest of you are well and sticking in there
Old 05-02-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Thank you, it's a lot I guess, def the lack of sleep dosent help...and like it's weird, like I do good for like 4/5/6 days at a time, but then it like hits me hard for a day straight, I have been fuming and bent out of shape for like 8 hours straight now and it hasent subsided even the least bit, it's even more tiring. Others moods can fluctuate throughout the day, but I kinda like maintain, maintain, maintain, and then I'm KOd for a day straight, I'm trying to shake this badly and it's just making me more frustrated....I'm sure tomorrow will be better and I'm de not drinking, but I'm still bent out of shape
Old 05-02-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Thanks for listining I'm just all over
Old 05-02-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Happy Friday! Hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 05-02-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hey guys, home now from work on day 4.

Considering I had an hours sleep last night I'm feeling surprisingly good. I'm at my relatives tonight. Just had the best burritos for tea.

I'm feeling so much better about the wedding tomorrow now. I told my dad straight up I've got a problem with alcohol so I will not be drinking anymore. He's been super. Were just going to keep it between us for now and I'm so glad he is going to support me tomorrow. Feels like a much less daunting task now.

Work wasn't too bad today. We tend to have a laugh in the office on Fridays as the managers aren't in so it's a bit less formal.

Currently about to go for a roasting hot bath and read a book. I daren't use my phone to SR in the bath for obvious reasons.

Anyway, catch up with you guys when I'm on the laptop later, take care
MrG
Old 05-02-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Ah thanks for the info Adna while I'm not looking forward to seeing my favorite wine in huge sale displays everywhere I go, at least I can be prepared now!

ST just want you to know I'm thinking of you...keep hanging in there!

MrG glad to hear you have a solid plan for the wedding you will be attending!

I know I missed a bunch of you guys but I'm praying for and love you all!

Ps greenturtle I'm gonna have to check out the book you're reading! Sounds interesting!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

It's a very good read so far MrsBee. It never occured to me that I might be an emotional drinker and it hit me last night that I am indeed. Another reason I drink is due to boredom so now I need to get my butt in gear to find some suitable replacements to occupy my time instead of boozing. One last thing that got to me was that perhaps I drink at times because I want to create drama in my life (emotional part coming into play). I had a very chaotic childhood still to some extent have one with my siblings and parents. I am pondering now whether sometimes I pick up the bottle to create this chaos in my own home subconciously? Anyway, still ruminating on it. Just some interesting thoughts. It was $4.99 on Kindle.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, great to see everyone in good spirits and doing well. Day 6 nearly over for me.

Had another reality check with weight this week, have put a fair bit on due to drink and the related overeating and have a few health risks associated to this as well. Well so i am now on a diet and exercise regime, guess I am feeling a bit badly done to as its the weekend.... No treats, no wine. Like I haven't had more than enough for two life times.

Hope everyone has a great, sober weekend. Enjoy whatever you are doing.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Glad you're doing well, sweetenuff. I'm in-between sets on my workout at the moment!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hang in there ST... We are all here for you, the good days and the bad!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm heading to spend some Friday time with my wife and kids. Stay strong Fools!
Old 05-02-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
To be content

ST hope this feeling will dissipate for you. Applekat's recommendation melatonin does help me fall asleep when needed. It can cause some funky dreams, not bad ones just far fetched. Fun for conversation at least

obo and kittenme I enjoyed your videos that you recommended. obo while I was watching miller 5 steps, Bill Cosby's Drunk youtube popped up. Very funny too. A reason why I don't want to drink this weekend is Cosby's reenactment of a drunks reward. Cosby discusses why drunks call it a reward, when it ends so badly...I don't understand why something that makes us so sick mentally, physically can pull us in like that and make us forget about the consequences each time.

Soliloquy you are not a downer. I think that each one of us goes through self doubt daily, especially where we are at in sobriety. I have failed many times and each day I still struggle, but I know I am feeling better. I don't want to go back to that person, the worry, and the anxiety. Some of that is still there, but not at the level as before. I hope you feel better about it today and find some light in what you have felt these last couple weeks. Do you feel better than when you were drinking? I don't mean that to be a stupid question.

Rocktonic glad you were able to make it out for a walk and regroup last night. Hopefully less grumbling this weekend, more supporting. My SO and I had to have a big talk this week, it helped clear the air of what we were both struggling with. It was weighing both of us down for a long time. Those emotions usually got washed down and not confronted.

Mariah great to be back, Thank you!

MrsBee a big congratulations on a your sober month. That's big news!

To those in their first week I wish you strength!

Wishing everyone a peaceful and sober weekend! Sorry it's a long post, chat soon.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Already have a tough sat and sun ahead of me. Now my 4 year old got a bloody head wound this evening AND begged that Daddy take her to urgent care instead of me.....I'm on the ledge here!! Oy vey! Happy Friday night all.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

ST how are you doing tonight I think you're in NY too? 7 PM here.. Hugs all.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Applekat and ST, what a difference a day can make.
Back to level this morning after seriously thinking of throwing in the towel yesterday.
6 hours sleep and back on deck.......
SO glad I didn't break!
I'm in this with you all...
HANG TOUGH WITH THE GANG!!!!!!
I can't believe it, the sun's out on the morning of day 8!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Well it's day 20 and I have a confession to make. I came home and went strait to the fridge, cracked open a beer and downed it. I was busy thinking about the idiots on the road.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Stay strong guys

Did I ever mention that I love root beer.

Now my head is on a swivel, I know there are some people that are gonna wanna smack me.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Dee 74: thank you
MariahGayle: thank you
Applekat: thank you
areyoukittenme: thank you
ccam1973: thank you
Topspin: thank you
Compass7: thank you
ScrewdUpInDe: thank you (just saw your post, it's ok, we've all done it before. Full respect for being honest with the team!~!!!!!!!!! I'm sure Dee can give some sound advice, I can only empathise. I'm right on your side!)
To have you guys include me in your thoughts yesterday was my saving grace, what a strong team....
So here they are, my quotes..............
" I used to follow, yeah that's true,
but my following days are over,
now I've just gotta follow through"
Lou Gramm.
"Only you can set you free"
Living Colour.