Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 5

Old 05-02-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by areyoukittenme View Post
High-five, DD! Sorry you're having such a rough time, ST. I've been majorly depressed in the past and now that I think of it that probably led me to drink many times. Being drunk for a few hours felt like a reprieve. Unfortunately it dropped me into a deeper hole as it wore off. I wish I had some advice for you. It just stinks. Lots of empathy here.
Yea I literally just said to my GF she's like "what's driving you crazy like this and getting you so down?"
I didn't have an answer
I replied "I don't know, I don't even actually want to be drunk right now, I just wanna do anything to not make me feel like this"
So there's my answer to addiction at it's core I suppose, but I don't have an answer as what the living hell to do....it's beyond doctors unfortunately....
Old 05-02-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

DD congrats on 3 weeks. Just think of the extra exercise you got avoiding the pub.

Sorry you have a headache chick. The head cold? hope you feel better today.

Congrats on the month Mrsbee

That is your choice reboot. If you feel like you might slip, excuse yourself and walk away to talk yourself out of it then go back.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrsbee View Post
EVERY ONE (I'm not even exaggerating) had my wine of choice on sale.
I am so sorry... but my first thought was "they've had a surplus since Mrsbee stopped drinking and now its on sale"!!! Sometimes I crack myself up!!

Hang in there.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

ST, you meditate right? Sorry if I got you confused with someone else. But if you do it might be time for a little meditation time before you freak out on your customer. I know easier said and done.

Hang in there... "this too shall pass".
Old 05-02-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
Yea I literally just said to my GF she's like "what's driving you crazy like this and getting you so down?"
I didn't have an answer
I replied "I don't know, I don't even actually want to be drunk right now, I just wanna do anything to not make me feel like this"
So there's my answer to addiction at it's core I suppose, but I don't have an answer as what the living hell to do....it's beyond doctors unfortunately....
I found this dude's videos (a little blue language, sorry Dee) a while back when I was freaking out and googled "anxiety". He's an alcoholic who suffers from depression and anxiety. Not an authority, just a fellow traveller and his channel is helpful to me sometimes. It's comforting to know at least we aren't alone.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
I am so sorry... but my first thought was "they've had a surplus since Mrsbee stopped drinking and now its on sale"!!! Sometimes I crack myself up!!

Hang in there.
Hahahaha I wouldn't be surprised!!! I'm literally LOL on that one Chick . They must be trying to get their stock back up now that no longer a customer!!!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

ST - have you tried any Guided Meditation? I've heard people have good luck with those. I found them on youtube.

Guided Meditation - Blissful Deep Relaxation - YouTube
Guided Meditation - A 'Time-out' Visualisation Meditation to Heal and Refresh © - YouTube

Also, I'm not sure if anyone here uses any supplements/vitamins but I have also heard St. John's Wort is good for depression/sadness. I personally haven't tried it.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
ST - have you tried any Guided Meditation? I've heard people have good luck with those. I found them on youtube. Guided Meditation - Blissful Deep Relaxation - YouTube Guided Meditation - A 'Time-out' Visualisation Meditation to Heal and Refresh © - YouTube Also, I'm not sure if anyone here uses any supplements/vitamins but I have also heard St. John's Wort is good for depression/sadness. I personally haven't tried it.
I hve been taking 5htp and St. John's and have tried countless times to meditate, I can never relax, my mind bounces around 150 directions and I always get itchy and or stiff, I get frustrated every time and kinda have stopped trying, my sechedule is too damn busy, I barely have time to even read some of the books I took out....i feel hopeless
Old 05-02-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Every time I was prescribed meds that could help I end up abusing those as well....it's so frustrating, and I'm alone....I hate it
Old 05-02-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

What scared me as well is I felt like this yesterday, and ate 3 Valium, and felt nothing lol...
Old 05-02-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Not nothing like no feelings, nothing like they didn't work
Old 05-02-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

ST are you getting enough sleep at this point? I know sleep can tie into everything so maybe that is one thing you could address, first? If sleep is still an issue, I tried OTC Tranquil Sleep which has the 5-HTP, along with L-Theanine and Melatonin. Again, not sure how into all of that you would be, but it promotes sleep. Other natural things would be lavender, like in a bubble bath or lotion, bedtime herbal tea, massages.

And you are NOT alone. We're all here, and I'm sure there's even other threads out there targeting your feelings. You know, as we all do, that one thing that won't make you feel better is a drink!!

I have to remember to take all my own advice.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good day April fools!

MrG - sounds like you have a good plan for the wedding-stay strong. It helped me to bring my own nonalcoholic drink of choice to the last wedding I went to because I didn't feel deprived or resentful that everyone else had a "good" drink. I get frustrated with only being offered water or pop so I like to bring my own sparkling mocktails. I always here to make sure you have some NA drink in your hand when with people who are drinking. Remember we are here for you if it does get tough. I bet you will enjoy the wedding more than the drinkers!

Mrs bee - congrats on 1 month!

Kitten and DD congrats!!!

Sorry I can't respond to everyone's post right now. On way to work so wherever you are enjoy your sober weekend fools!

Old 05-02-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
ST are you getting enough sleep at this point? I know sleep can tie into everything so maybe that is one thing you could address, first? If sleep is still an issue, I tried OTC Tranquil Sleep which has the 5-HTP, along with L-Theanine and Melatonin. Again, not sure how into all of that you would be, but it promotes sleep. Other natural things would be lavender, like in a bubble bath or lotion, bedtime herbal tea, massages. And you are NOT alone. We're all here, and I'm sure there's even other threads out there targeting your feelings. You know, as we all do, that one thing that won't make you feel better is a drink!! I have to remember to take all my own advice.
no my sleeping got worse, I thought it was gonna get better after 23/24 days but it's worse, also, none of the remidies I'm trying help. I'm up for work at 7 am and haven't fallen sleep till 4 every night
Old 05-02-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I'm too young for this many problems! What the hell!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Try the tranquil sleep or plain melatonin. Solid sleep will most likely help. Being sober, then good quality sleep, are the best foundation for more positive feelings.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

AppleKat,

Thank you for those links, ....
Old 05-02-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Ungh I'm just done with today as a whole, I'll stop complaining I guess, just sit with it...
Old 05-02-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

ST ,

Your posts have jogged my memory.

I just remembered something I used to hear in meetings , ...like , a lot.

It was about when we're having a really bad day, ... one of the gifts of sobriety.
.... flexibility in our thinking.

" We can start our day over "

Like anytime , even later, .........well later in the day.

" We can start our day over"
Old 05-02-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Complain as much as you like ST. You're not alone. This will pass soon.