Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 5

Old 05-02-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

What's wrong, ST?
Old 05-02-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Friday to all of the April Fools class!

Sounds like yesterday had its ups and downs for us all. I know I had to silence my AV more than once. But it seems to be rearing its ugly voice less and less each day.

Congratulations to all making it through and for the milestones reached.

For those checking in this morning...

Good job MrG on Day 3. I know sleep has gotten better for me over the past couple of days.

Obosob, way to go on one week! Don't beat yourself up too much. You have made it through one week, that's a great accomplishment.

Top, great post yesterday! Being in the April Class reminds me I am not the only one too. I get strength from everyone here.

SU, well done on day 20. I hope I get to the point when I don't focus on what day it is for me and that it is just another day that I will be sober.

Mariah, awesome job on 18!

Kat, way to go on day 10. I'm on 10 too, dropped the kids off at school and feel good about the day.

Noolan day 18, Kitten 3 weeks

ST, please stay strong, stay with us. You have helped this class through all of our struggles.

Good luck for all who haven't checked in yet and good morning; or afternoon, depending on the time zone!

Got to get some work done now. Happy Friday everyone. For me, weekends are always extremely tough, but I know we will all make it through.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm not giving up, just extremely depressed again, not caring about much else i suppose
Old 05-02-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm really upset for no particular reason, I just don't wanna do this anymore, it's so boring and dismal every day...I'm trying to keep positive and in the right direction but I'm just pissed off and what the hell ever kinda, I'm almost positive I'm going to tell one of my customers to go F themselvs today, and the funny thing is I absolutely can with zero repercussions....
Old 05-02-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Dawn of day 6 and I suspect that I could be sorely tested today.

My youngest son will be coming over this afternoon to spend the night and most of Saturday before flies to the coast and almost immediately heads out to sea on his new boat. He's been on leave from the Navy for two weeks, and this will be the second weekend he's spent here. His mother (my ex) got a few days, as did his three siblings. His friends - most especially a certain lady friend with benefits - got the lion's share of his time. I can't complain, though.

When he was here the weekend before last, myself (a Sailor during the 70s and 80s) he, and his older brother hoisted many pints and shots as we toasted our ships and shared "sea stories." This time around it's going to be interesting for me to drink to all that nautica and manliness with either iced tea, cherry lime aid, or Pellegrino.

I fully expect that tomorrow morning I will remain a member of the "April Fools." I feel confident, but I guess it's easy to feel that way sitting here with a cup of coffee some hours away from real temptation. Guess we'll see.

Have a safe and sober weekend, guys!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Just remember ST that giving in will solve nothing. Have you talked to your doctor about the depression?

We are here for you!!!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Let him know you quit drinking when he gets there, he may decide not to drink to support you reboot.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I don't know if it will last ccam but I am sure you will get there.

I am keeping my guard up, this may be a trick to get me to relax end use again.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hang tight ST - Here with you! Be good to yourself.

Great job on 10 days Kat & 3 weeks is Awesome Kitten

Reboot - Just take it for today - Your doing Great!

Good to see you here Cam.

Going to find the week-end thread & commit to a sober week-end. Hope to see you there.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Morning all!

3 weeks for me today too! (Kitten, we are sobriety twins!)

Today is work, lunch with a friend, more work, then come home, make dinner, practice, and laundry. And I'm completely content with that! This whole "learning to be comfortable alone with myself" thing is challenging for sure, but I feel like I'm making progress.

Are y'all still avoiding places? I still haven't been back to my corner store in these three weeks, not even to get a bottle of tea or toilet paper. And last night I walked four extra blocks to go around my usual pub. I'm ok doing that, I just wonder how much longer I'll feel the need to physically avoid places.

Have a great Friday!! If you're struggling, know that this Diva is pulling for you!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning fools!

I so baldly want to take the time to respond to all of you this morning but I woke up with a wicked headache (still glad it's not a hangover). I'll have to catch up and respond a little later.

For those of you thinking of drinking today or this weekend, think about all of the progress you would be giving up and have to do all over again! I'm finding myself very lazy! I am telling AV to go away because I don't have time to do the last 10 days all over again. Its not worth it. You all are so strong, you can get through this and be so much more productive and active this weekend and come Monday morning I promise you won't say oh how I wish I had drank all weekend long. Fight that voice!

Just to be clear about yesterday's rum. Even though it wasn't my drink of choice it actually was my rum. I pretty much stopped drinking hard liquor when I was a teen, switched to wine in my 20's (I was so sophisticated drinking wine! lol) and then to beer in my late 20's (hangovers weren't as bad).... good grief. But I did buy some rum to put in some coke when I had to be at a family function all day. I would slip out to the car and refill my drink. Yeah, I probably should have just carried the bottle in. And at the end of the day I guess I took that bottle into our house and sat it next to the deep freeze, where I found it yesterday. I feel like a moron... but I'm not going back to that life. So hubby wasn't trying to hide it to keep it away from me or anything, it wasn't his fault and really he was okay with me pouring it. He would rather have me sober, he knows how long I've wanted to be sober, probably almost from the time I started drinking a bit when we were teens, I always had the tendency to overdo it. He's great support in whatever I do, sometimes that is troublesome because if I up and decided to drink today he would raise and eyebrow but go on supporting me in that too.

Alrighty then, that was quite the ramble.

I'm off to find something for this darned headache, then I need some chick time and to clean and do laundry.... oh how I wish for a cleaning lady!!

Have an awesome sober day everyone! Hang in there all of you struggling.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Just remember ST that giving in will solve nothing. Have you talked to your doctor about the depression? We are here for you!!!
thank you, I'm not giving in, just hate/can't take this feeling
I don't have any doctors or decent insurance, the walk in clinics in my area are extremely over crowded cause our hospital got destroyed by a hurricane, it's been on the bottom of the list right now honestly
Old 05-02-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

ST,

Dee's probably fast asleep, but this post to obosob earlier gives me a glimpse of what's coming our way.
I gotta believe'm

You hang tough, brother.

Seen you in tough spots before , and come thru, .....

I've got 100% confidence you'll get thru this rocky patch

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Cut yourself some slack Obosob - you've been at this a week

I'm willing to bet, like me, you drank for years.

It will take time for you to adjust, but you'll face new things and new challenges and you get through them and grow and soon there'll be a growing distance between who you used to be and the person you're becoming.

These changes are for the good. I know it's scary now but I hope you'll embrace them.

I really feel as if I've gotten my life back - and a 'me' back I'd actually forgotten existed.

I hope you, and the rest of the guys here, can one day soon look back at the life you've made sober...and marvel that all you had to do was give up drinking.

I still think it's a hell of a good deal guys

D

Applekat !!!

"Soliloquy - First - it's hard to write Soliloquy at 7 in the morning. LOL!"

This ^ , is soooo funny , ...I thought it just me !!!
......Can't tell you just how hard that word is.

My hs engish teacher is probably rolling over in her grave. " That boy, I knew it'd catch up to'm "
Old 05-02-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I use an inhaler and it was a 6.5 hour wait for it, I haven't had a decent 8 hour block of time in my busy schedule to sit and wait to "talk with someone"
Old 05-02-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I see and understand, it's just hard right now to embrace that, Even more when I'm hating the world kinda
Old 05-02-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I've got lots of catching up to do on this thread as I've been really busy the last couple of days, but as I've said before, I LOVE when I see that there's a lot to catch up on...it means we are using this thread as a regular and consistent means of support and seeing what everyone else is doing really helps me personally.

Anyways just wanted to drop a quick line. I've officially been sober for a month, so of course my AV started creeping in. Hubs and I stopped at like four different stores and of course EVERY ONE (I'm not even exaggerating) had my wine of choice on sale. It's nuts because even though buying it wasn't an option (much less drinking), I basically had to be dragged away from each display. And then upon leaving I actually felt sad that I couldn't have any. Yes I'm glad that I'm sticking to my guns, because I know where "one glass" will lead...which is two entire bottles, vomiting all night, my mean drunk persona, and a hangover. But I can honestly say this is the first time I felt somewhat resentful for not being able to drink like a "normal" person.

Good news is I felt fine once I got home and poured a glass of my new drink of choice, ginger ale.

Well, time to catch up on all these threads have a happy Friday everyone xoxo
Old 05-02-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I'm telling you guys, the customer that gives me a serious problem today is gonna catch a bunch of fowl words and misdirected anger, and I'm not gonna regret it one bit...I'm sick of my surroundings and am ever so angry today.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Let him know you quit drinking when he gets there, he may decide not to drink to support you reboot.
I appreciate that but I actually look forward to this challenge. I don't want to live in a bubble and I certainly don't want to have people tiptoe around me. Rather, I would prefer that my life and the lives of my family and friends to go on exactly as they have minus my drinking.

Sure, this flies in the face of conventional wisdom. If I'm wrong and I stumble I suppose I'll dust myself off, start anew, and look at other options.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I hope your headache goes away soon Chickchick .

DancingDiva,
I can't really avoid places where they sell beer around here. It's in every grocery store. I need to lose some more weight , but ......

There's also my old liquor store , literally 600 feet from work , ... for the first couple weeks I couldn't help flipping them off , everytime I drove by . Thankfully , I'm in a better mood now !
Old 05-02-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DancingDiva View Post
Morning all!

3 weeks for me today too! (Kitten, we are sobriety twins!)
High-five, DD!

Sorry you're having such a rough time, ST. I've been majorly depressed in the past and now that I think of it that probably led me to drink many times. Being drunk for a few hours felt like a reprieve. Unfortunately it dropped me into a deeper hole as it wore off.

I wish I had some advice for you. It just stinks. Lots of empathy here.