Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 9

Old 04-20-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

thats a scary avatar lol, thank you, i guess everyone enjoying easter, like i would be if hadnt lifted that glass, but being around someone that came back stinking drunk 2 nights in the row, didnt help, still they dont realise the damage they do, guess i overestimated how strong i was
Old 04-20-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for being so supportive. Day 29 for me!

Yesterday was the hardest by far in this journey of recovery. But today I woke up feeling good, at peace, and strong.

I woke up early to hide eggs for my 2 year old. Seeing him so excited over the Easter bunny fills me with gratitude. Gratitude to be sober enough to enjoy this, gratitude for him and my husband to share this sober life with.

I don't have much time but I wanted to get on here and thank all of you. I read and then re-read all of your responses. I was brought to tears (happy tears this time) from the support you all are giving me.

My only job today is to stay sober. The rest of today is for total enjoyment.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

26 days today!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

27 days for me today. Planning on having a nice Easter dinner with my son who is turning 16 today! Have a nice Easter marchers
Old 04-20-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

KF, my only job every day is staying sober. #1 Priority Above All Else.

I was called on in an AA meeting on Thursday, I'm not big on sharing in meetings but the subject was Fear, and that's something on which I happen to be an expert.

Worrying about yesterday, or ten years ago? Yep, that was me.

Worrying about tomorrow, or ten years from now? Yep, raises hand, Ms. Future-Trippin' right here.

Worrying about stuff that isn't really stuff, or over which I have no control? Check, BTDT.

I read somewhere that the brain is designed to solve problems. If there aren't any actual problems in front of it, the brain will go looking for stuff to solve. That really made sense to me. Therefore, stay busy, Bim!

As far as my sobriety, I shared that right now I'm trying to Keep It Simple. 1.) I'm not picking up a drink. 2.) I'm going to meetings. 3.) I'm spending a few minutes every morning in prayer or reading a devotional reading. 4.) I have a Gratitude list, and I add to it every evening.

If I try to make it any more complicated than that, it will just give me something in which I can slip up or fail. Right now I just want to be all about success. I can do those four things every day. That's it. Not adding anything to that list right now.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Made it through last night at a dinner party!
Honestly can't believe I didn't cave. Day 27 here I come!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toddle118 View Post
thats a scary avatar lol, thank you, i guess everyone enjoying easter, like i would be if hadnt lifted that glass, but being around someone that came back stinking drunk 2 nights in the row, didnt help, still they dont realise the damage they do, guess i overestimated how strong i was
You may have overestimated how strong you were but you are here on SR so you must want to conquer this alcohol thing.

Adjust your plans and start again. We are all here to help you every step of the way. It IS worth it.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Way to go Pampering
Old 04-20-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

i took your advice and rang mum, she made me wash and eat, leg fractured not broke but needed help in and out, cant toddle about, but not broke! thought it was, second opinion its not, dont know why dr said it was broken without an x ray
Old 04-20-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hey Toddle,

I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure a fractured leg also needs treatment - do get it sorted? Why don't you give the NHS helpline number? I've often found them to be decent in the past.

Almost evening on Easter Sunday here - finding the boredom of this weekend quite hard to deal with. Seeing pics of friends on FB out & about celebrating the bank holiday and I'm feeling the pull - but I'm not going to give in.

Hope everybody's having a positive day.. Thinking of you all.

Sean
Old 04-20-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Well done toddle for seeking some help, keep on going till u get sorted my dear...
I know what u mean sean... Yesterday i nearly cracked, but in the drizzle today it wasn't so appealing, so boring is better than in pain, puking or spinning!! Its tough in Leicester, so many good bars, ahhh memories, everyones so young though now, so i guess i outgrew all the cool places... Except Bossa, i must never look there again, my fave little place... Still, maybe they do coffee!!!!

Actually i do feel a bit sick, reakon its a chocolate hangover...urgh....
Old 04-20-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Ef and michtizz nothing they can do bout hurt leg, yes is gloomy here, longest day ever, is one of worst days in my life, broken heart, bad leg, but then i get angry, angry for the way drink has hold over me, angry that ex of mine did too, just angry, and sad, and in pain, still life yes?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Poor u toddle, gotta take it minute by minute... Each time think of a nice thing, a nice song, a thing u like doing, a pretty Flower, a nice place... Eat a biscuits or choc...time does pass, and you will feel a teeny bit better each minute... Sometimes a bit worse, but not as worse as the worst!!! We all love u and wish u happiness and health, don't forget!!! Xx
Old 04-20-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear you sounding a little better toddle

Congratulations to every Marcher hitting a milestone today

D
Old 04-20-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Toddle, it's really hard to watch you continue to struggle. We don't know what to say.

You need to get some help somewhere other than here and learn to take care of yourself.

*edit to say*
I mean find help outside of here. This site is great, but it cannot be your only source of support. You need more attention than we can give you.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Old 04-20-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

So, can someone send me some Peeps? I forgot to buy them - or do they get marked down tomorrow?

Love Peeps.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Administrator

That just reminded me I need to go and get some half price eggs LOL.

D
Old 04-20-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

Numerous posts have been removed from this thread.

I hope that the Marchers will continue to post and share their recovery.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Like, chocolate eggs?

Because that sounds good too.

Instead of candy, I bought potato chips and ate almost the whole bag. Am I fooling myself that I've given up sugar? Probably enough carbs there for a week.