Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 30

Old 04-13-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm meeting FS in 1.5 hours for a meeting, then coffee, then dinner on my roof which will send my allergies skyrocketing but I don't care. Everyone's posts here got me out of bed & into the shower, then I did some paperwork & cleaned house. And took an allergy pill ....duh.

Yes, Carlos, I know the drill. Thanks for the cheers! But, could someone talk to that a-hole with the 9.9, or I'm going to seriously take him out.

:uzi2:
Old 04-13-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Cowboy, it is 4:15 and I am picking Kutch. Babba did come all the way back, I see. Don't know Speith but he looks solid? Freddy is my sentimental fav though. One of my favorite t-shirts, not golf shirt is in a pic of him that hangs in the clubhouse at Oakmont CC in Pgh. He is at a bus stop in Seattle about to get on the bus with his clubs wearing that t-shirt. He is just soo cool! It might have been staged though?? haha So, your prediction??

Well BF, in my best Clockwork Orange...you need to pull off the old "in out" at that fitting today, bypassing champagne. Personally I like some OJ with fizzy h2o at those occasions.

Courage, here is a preemptive "God Bless You" for those pesky allergy sneezes. I'm right behind you on that front.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Looking like experience is outplaying youth..... Freddie is an all time classy player! Used to amaze me that his tiny thing of a wife caddied for him for so long...
Old 04-13-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Abcowboy, iwlsast - thanks for the support.

Tootsl1 - your advice is very welcome, so thanks :-)
Old 04-13-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Gleefan - I love houseplants but don't have any. I'm with you on the black thumb bench. I often look at them longingly but don't buy them because they will just die, poor things.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

GF and TL, nine times out of 10, they die because of bad water, try using bottled water with a bit of plant food......
Old 04-13-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I too am a murderer of plants, though I did manage to cultivate a wondrous sensimillia plant on my balcony years ago, just before it was ready to harvest my monster of a cat ate every bloody leaf off it and slept for about a day, I was sooo pissed at him!!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
I'm meeting FS in 1.5 hours for a meeting, then coffee, then dinner on my roof which will send my allergies skyrocketing but I don't care. Everyone's posts here got me out of bed & into the shower, then I did some paperwork & cleaned house. And took an allergy pill ....duh.

Yes, Carlos, I know the drill. Thanks for the cheers! But, could someone talk to that a-hole with the 9.9, or I'm going to seriously take him out.

:uzi2:
I think it's to encourage us to believe there's always room for improvement

I hope the Dr goes well.

D
Old 04-13-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your progress DP

D
Old 04-13-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, I like your definition of the 9.9 guy! In my mind, it was to remind me that no one is perfect......
Old 04-13-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
p***enger

Re 9.9: A brilliant and saintly testing expert and I were once talking about how imprecisely we measure most mental and personality traits. He was of the opinion that since we're always at least a little bit wrong in our estimates, when we inevitably have to report some score, it's kinder to round upwards.

Boozefree, playing ball with an 8 year old sounds like a blast! I hope the bridesmaid's dress is cute, too. Congratulations on your first week back and keep it coming!

Babs, how are you doing? I hope you're hanging in there.

Abcowboy, good advice about the bottled water. I used to have pet snakes and the tap water where I lived was bad for them & for my plants.

Gleefan, I'm not sure where you live, but you should think about a choice of plants that fit your light, indoor climate, and lifestyle. I think a lot of plants die because they weren't the right plant for the place or the person. If you have good light you might consider an easy succulent like a jade plant -- they love neglect. I don't have any plants at home, but I have them at my office, where I actually spend more of my waking hours.

Tigerlili, great to see you becoming a regular here!

Toots, sensimilla? Really? You never stop, do you?

Carlos, are you & the cowboy carrying on a side conversation about some kind of ball game? Or are you speaking in code about the Undies? Who is Babba? My FS claims that I shouldn't play the card of alcoholic confusion, but I think I have a right to, when people speak in riddles

FS & I didn't get to a meeting because it wasn't where we thought it would be, because we're both alcoholically confused. So we ingested a whole lot of caffeine, pretended to shop, and ate an early dinner on the roof. What did we cook? NOTHING! We live in Manhattan, we picked up crab cakes, quinoa salad, acorn squash, and broccoli di rape & an apple pie at one of the most expensive grocery stores I've ever been to in my life!!!

Of course I'm feeling better for not having spent the day drooling at home. Everything would be fine if I would just stay the heck out of my own way.

Hugs to all Undies!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hi undies.

Made it back home from a long afternoon. I actually like the dress. My mom decided since it's her 2nd wedding to make it a lil more lax and so we all have kinda different styles of the same color. Mines strapless full length. They're a teal/sea foam kinda ish color which happens to be one of my fav colors. And completed the afternoon sober so it was a win win situation. Not ready for the weekend to be over all ready but oh well. Back to work tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

Re 9.9: A brilliant and saintly testing expert and I were once talking about how imprecisely we measure most mental and personality traits. He was of the opinion that since we're always at least a little bit wrong in our estimates, when we inevitably have to report some score, it's kinder to round upwards.
Definitely kinder - but I don't make the smileys...you know that, right? lol

D
Old 04-13-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I'd like to share something weird that happened to me.

Needy asked me to bring over the kids for a play date. Yesterday, which was a Saturday, Hubby and I were buying cars, which takes an enormous amount of time, so obviously I couldn't come over. I offered to stop by today, Sunday, between baseball practices. That gave me a definite begin and end time, which was good boundary planning. This morning's practice went later than I expected, then one of my kids decided he wanted to check out lacrosse practice this afternoon, and I had to cancel with Needy.

I was at a car dealership half the day yesterday, and at kids' sports practices all day today, from 9 am til 3:30 pm, with a couple of short breaks in between to grab lunch and water. After lacrosse I finally was able to sit on the couch and relax.

All of a sudden, at 4:00, I hear Needy INSIDE MY HOUSE, calling my name. She didn't call. She didn't text. She just showed up at my house, and walked inside. She said she was there to see our new cars. Which we don't have yet.

She proceeded to say that his hockey problems were the "talk of the town" and told us how a fellow we know WHO MOVED CROSS COUNTRY TWO YEARS AGO texted her about the social media frenzy he saw. That's hardly "the town" talking about it; she tends to perceive things in a strange way and overdramatize things.

It was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me. I felt perfectly safe, but violated because I didn't want company. She historically will call my house, then my cell, then text me, and if I don't call her back right away, she calls me again. If she called or texted me at that point in time, I would have ignored it because I needed the time to relax. I think that's why she showed up. I felt like she was rude, yet I was afraid to ask, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!?" because I didn't want an ugly confrontation.

I like her, and I do make time for her. Our husbands never really hit it off. Hers doesn't try very hard to get along with mine (I've watched mine try and try), and although we are mutually acquainted with a few couples, she never includes us with those get-togethers. As a result, Hubby and I don't make getting together with them on weekends a priority, but I make it a priority to meet her for coffee during my lunch breaks once every week or two.

Maybe I'm overreacting. I tend to do that. (Lousy childhood)...

"Like the sands of the hourglass," I know. (Old soap opera reference. They were a lovely escape during above referenced lousy childhood)...

[See what I mean about my humor coming from a dark place? Ugh. Now I'm aware that accessibility to humor is a sign I'm in a messy situation. This has devolved into my stream of consciousness.]

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
p***enger

Dee, I know, just saying (again) that one dude really gets on my nerves lol. I got a resentment. Should I pray for him?

Gleefan, I've been pretty tolerant of Needy, but she just stepped over the line.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wouldn't pray from smileys no, lol

D
Old 04-13-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I have a dysfunctional tendency to be hot tempered about things I can't control, and a doormat about things I can. (Insert whining about childhood here).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-3528135090.jpg (11.0 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-14-2014, 02:51 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

GF, I would tell Needy that it really bothered you that she let herself into your house. Next time she can't get a specific confirmation, assume that it's inconvenient and please don't come over. You weren't in the mood for company yesterday. Boundaries are important.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Carlos, sorry that your date turned out to be a clunker! Hold out for the best! You need somebody who snaps, crackles and pops!
Old 04-14-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I had a great time with a few intimate friends and it was the best birthday. No need to have huge tables at restaurants and not have time to speak to anyone.

We were 5 and went to a bistro to listen my other friends play some bluegrass and folk songs. They are friends I've known for over 20 years. I got emotional and became teary eyed but good emotional.

My friend B was there and she admitted she might want to go to AA. I encouraged her to buy the Allan Carr book that helped me quit. She doesn't speak English so sadly I can't send her here but there are good equivalent in French too, there's one is Switzerland I liked.

My cravings are really all gone. The only time I truly want a glass is with seafood. I tried drinking non-alcoholic apple bubbly yesterday but no, must look for something else. I shouldn't become complacent either. I also want to reach for wine when I'm feeling inadequate so need to watch out and not leave SR.

Courage, I hope all is well now. DG ? The week-end and house weren,t too lonely? GF, I like the doormat quote. I think I have the same "flaw".

Toots, love the advice on how to be better liked at work. Listening more is a winner, always. And not judging, or showing empathy. I will practice this week. I will try to have a whole day of non criticising, a complete non-judgment day, even if it's just not complaining about how people never recycle their coffee cups.

Have a great day everyone. Love and peace.

Dottie P.
xoxox