Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 30

Old 04-09-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Always an undie. Here I am. I was stuck on the stupid thread 25 and we're at 30 but I've just subscribed so no worries about losing you again.

Courage, I love the bunny and the idea I,m bouncing around happily. Now that I have a super cool job, everything is so much better. I just hope I'll get renewed. You ask how work is. It's difficult. I love it completely but being used to working at home alone writing, being back in an office with people is difficult. Human relations are hard and everyone has their quirks and tempers. I just have to remind myself that it's like a family and we must be accepting of our personalities. When my boss is stressed, she gets impatient and bullies. I have to remind myself it's not me, doesn't belong to me.

Carlos, I'll be following how your date goes too. LOL.
DG, hope you're still strong and serene. You seem so much more together than 1 year ago. I remember. I probably am more together too. That's what a year of sobriety will do for you...and MORE.

I'm off to bed now. Take care everyone.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

BeFree good to see you back posting, being here gives strength, some days it gives the strength we don't possess ourselves, and we lean totally on friends here. Other days we find our impetus to move forward.

The hardest part of stopping drinking for me was finding the courage to let go of it. To trust myself to be able to live without it. To believe in myself. The very person I loathed, the person I though of as a failure, a waster. I had to learn to love myself, to forgive myself, to believe that I deserved a chance-however late- to get things right. I had to believe that I could cope with a fight with hubby, that I could deal with my father, that I could 'manage' my depression. That I could confront my demons.
A year on, I have and am doing all those things, and alcohol slips further down my list of coping mechanisms. From now forwards, my biggest problem will be complacency. At the moment I am not in a place where I could even consider myself capable of social drinking, I get angry and resentful sometimes that I can't, but I don't believe I have that ability. I do know from Carlos and other experiences, that that is possibly my biggest concern. There are other ways AV can sneakily try to trick me or trip me, but part of my coping tools is preparation for potential situations which helps.

I guess what I'm saying here, to Babs and BeFree, is if you can find the strength her and the faith in yourselves to believe, then it is possible, and it gets easier. And seriously, honestly if a sad old bag like me can do it anyone can.
I also agree wholeheartedly with Dottie, surviving recovery does make you stronger.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Carlos, if she shows you her plate drag, maybe you can help her work on her golf swing! Hope everything goes well and you are not ill.

BF, great to see you!

Courage, I was feeling much better yesterday, but today the lungs and nose are really sore. I just got three more days of this antibiotic, but I don't think it's the answer.

I am going for my masters in biblical studies. I really like studying the books of the Bible. I just finished the Orientation class this morning--I wrote a really vehement book report. We'll see where the chips fall gradewise. I'm glad it's out of the way so I can move on to the good stuff.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

toots...lovely post....thanks

BTW you are hardly a sad old bag....
Old 04-10-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Hi all, slowly going back in the thread to get familiar with names and situations, I don't always have a lot of time (not like our fellow female undies) to read all day long lol so if I miss mentioning someone, too damn bad, get over it hahaha

Courage, spring is finally here! No flowers yet, but the trees are starting to bud! When we had horses, our foaling season started around May 10th....then had about 3 weeks for 24 foals to arrive... calving season is just about over, crows are back, gophers are out, geese are back... but the sure sign that spring is here..... the farmer's are hooking up to the seeding equipment to get it ready!! And it's still 3 weeks before seed can go in lol

To all here, hope your physical and spiritual problems are small and easy to overcome, the love and kindness shown by all the members of SR is truly amazing!

Have a great day!!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
toots...lovely post....thanks

BTW you are hardly a sad old bag....
Ah, but I was a year ago SJ, I really was. Xx
Old 04-10-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Cowboy, you'd better be pretty darn good at steer wrestling, you come here flinging accusations of idleness at the female Undies! Why we are up and down all day! Heehee!

Living in Scotland, one sign of spring was the skein after skein of geese Veeing across the sky honking as they went. Same in reverse in autumn.

Sure sign of spring here, the maintenance guys are removing our winter window boxes to repot them with bedding plants. Yup, I sure do love city life!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Glad to be back. This cold kept me up most of the night and I have to go back to work today. Hoping I can leave early tho and get more rest. I'm supposed to go get fitted for a brides maid dress this weekend and don't wanna be doing it sick.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm glad you checked in, Boozefree! I hope your cold gets better soon. And that the bridesmaid's dress is pretty -- so often they are NOT! I guess the bride doesn't want her bridesmaids looking better than she does, but still....

I dreamed about being depressed, if you can imagine. And burst into tears the minute I woke up. Actually I overslept, looked at the clock, said "oh sh**" and burst into tears. Not the best start ever to a day. Five more before my husband comes home. I think I'm going to meet FS for soup in a couple of hours. I have a class to teach tonight & I'm just hoping I remember what it's all about.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

toots.....without sounding sappy....you are an inspiration....

Jim
Old 04-10-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hello Undies !!!!! Good day so far---glad to be here and proud that I made it another day. You would think that after trying and trying several times it would get easier but, still a person struggles. thanks for all the support guys. I appreciate it. Nice to see you again BF.
and again thanks for the advice DG.\
Hi Jim.
Babs
Old 04-10-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Sappy or not SJ, I'll take the compliment!

Courage, I guess you can say the day could only get better?? I sure hope it did.

BeFree I do hope you feel better soon honey

Babs, I think the early days never get easier, AV is always twittering away on your shoulder. Just tell him to go jump in a lake! Xx
Old 04-10-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Toots, I enjoyed reading your post, too. Thanks.

Got me thinking about the drivers for me in the early days of sobriety this time around. I wrote an email to my close friends that first day. I know that they to the person didn't know what to do to help me, and had talked among themselves about how they expected to be attending my funeral by the end of last year. I decided some months back to not revisit that confession of sorts until I turn one year clean and sober.

For sure, for me it was a matter of life or death. It is amazing to me how I am aware that some of that fear of has left me. It's scary to me that I can forget that fatal reality from time to time.

It has been important to me over these past ten months to focus on the good things that can happen if I don't pick up. While those things are happening, I can never forget that this disease wants me dead, and has come so very close to accomplishing that task on many occasions. Someone from the 24 hour club on SR lost a family member just last week and they had been married only two and a half months ago.

To end on a brighter note, it was a picture perfect golf day today. Couple that with a couple hours of watching the Masters while doing some chores around the house prior to my meeting and it equals a pretty good day so far.

Well, time to return to my household chores. DG is always watching .

Keep it alcohol and drug free, Undies, okay?

Carlos xx
Old 04-10-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Toots, you really are an inspiration. You always know just the right words to say, whether it's encouragement or a gentle kick in the butt! And it amazes me that you can remember everybody's special details! My hat is off to you!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Courage enjoy your class!

Babs we can do this.

Carlos sounds like a nice relaxing day.

Well I worked about 4 hours to get some mandatory stuff done then back home to rest with this nasty sinus cold nonsense. Hopefully will actually get some much needed sleep tonight.

Hi toots and soberjim
Old 04-10-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I certainly hope everybody feels better tomorrow. Seems like people are sick all over SR!
Old 04-11-2014, 02:16 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hello all - just over three months and thought I'd check in here, too.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome TL

D
Old 04-11-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi Dee :-)
Old 04-11-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Welcome, TL. Nice to meet you! Looking forward to your chiming in here!