Continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-29-a-21.html

D
Old 04-07-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Got it!
Old 04-07-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gilmer - Ditzy? You? Not my impression at all. You're warm, you're funny, you're articulate, and you're passionate. Not ditzy.

If you DO get a ring, I'll kiss it tho.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He just left with all of his stuff. Quiet and empty here now. I'm going to try to keep busy. Lots to do cleaning and rearranging the house now. I feel OK- although like I said, it's just quiet and empty now.

Courage- Now that my boyfriend has moved out of town, I really have hardly any social life here at all. I think I'll be celebrating with SR and that is about it. I do plan to buy a few new things for my house now, so that will probably be like my 1-year presents to myself.

Glee- My crush lives in another state, but we talk/text a lot and we have pretty strong feelings for each other. But like any guy, there is occasional drama that sends me running here to vent!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

But like any guy, there is occasional drama that sends me running here to vent!

D
Old 04-07-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
p***enger

Dee -- Thanks for the new thread.

I seem to be having an AA party which I'll tell you all about later, when I'm able to respond to everyone's interesting posts. The point is I'm not alone tonight.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Wow! So much going on here since I check in this morning! Babs I hope that ol AV left you in peace. You know it is always worse in the early days so stick close. You should check out out limerick thread, maybe we can bring out the poet in you. I got do caught up with thinking in rhyme, AV never got a look in!

Steve, sorry you had such a crap weekend with so many insensitives. I feel part of the issue in your case, is that you haven't really had much of a social side to your life since you quit. You are usually working 80-90 hour weeks and hitting the gym, so you haven't had the opportunity to be around folk drinking to become inured to it to any extent. Plus as you only know these guys from drinking with them, those memories are all your mind has to associate. You did really well, as I know you've been though a rough trot without much support, so high five mate.

DG, oh yes, treat yourself to something lovely for the house, something you absolutely wouldn't have bought yourself before.

Tanja, sorry you have been ill love, I hope the doctor can give you something to help.

Gilmer, I know you are far too nice to want to rub anyone's face in their own dirt, but like your husband, I would love to see them have to call you doctor!! ( but that says more about what I think of judgemental people!)

SJ, one word, one sentence, whatever. It's enough to know you are here and sober

Carlos, you can never talk too much about yourself sweetie!

Courage, when you told Babs to get busy with ice cream and a vacuum cleaner I thought.... Well, never mind what I thought, but it would have also explained the six showers!!!!

Dee sorry love, but yes, occasionally you men are slightly less than perfect, and then we fickle women come here to moan about y'all.

GF, all I can think is that it is such a shame that a few sad insecure individuals can behave in such an awful manner. I am glad you feel good about staying sober throughout your hubby's trials. I know from when my hubby's brother died suddenly before Christmas, that if I had been drinking I would have increased his pain tenfold, instead I was a solid support for him and other grieving family members. You should feel proud of yourself, and in the end things have worked as they should have.

I do hope I didn't miss anyone, as there have been a lot of things happening, and I would not like anyone to feel I am not supportive of them. If I did miss you my apologies.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Courage you're doing well and thank you for participating so much.

Dee, wow 7 years! That's a long time.I can't fathom ever getting that. But days have turned into months and 1 year and almost 1 year and a half June...So there is hope for me.

Toots, tks for asking, the Blues have gone, just like that and the AV with them.

DG, I'm thinking of you as you,re facing an empty house but the vibes I get from you are calm and collected.

MB, how are you??? Haven,t seen you in ages.

Babs, sorry to hear that you're struggling with sobriety. Like many people here, after a while, it will stick.

Have a great evening undies!

Dottie xox
Old 04-07-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Hi everyone, my name is Bruce aka abcowboy, and I'm an alcoholic, just thought I might take up toot's invite and join the club..... not sure if I want to be known as an undie, I hate undies, on me or Bubba! Only wear them at work lol!! But seriously now, I'm lurking around everyday, reading and following posts, not much one to talk about myself or my problems, which might very well be my biggest problem.... Today is 90 days, 3 calendar months sober, nothing to brag about, but a big achievement for me! Many of my feelings I express in the way of cowboy poetry as seen in the limerick threads. Am I a real cowboy, no, was I a real cowboy.... once upon a time.... have a rodeo buckle to prove it lol Like I said, I don't much like talking about myself, but I hope to be able to open up a bit more and share my feelings and fears.... and when I get long winded and boring, give me a swat across the side of the head to bring me to my senses....a handshake to all the gents and a tip of my hat to all the ladies....
Old 04-07-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Bruce

D
Old 04-07-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
p***enger

Welcome Bruce! I knew a few guys & girls who rode in the rodeo back in Tucson, Arizona. Slightly different cowboy culture there from your part of North America, I think, but similar. Congratulations on 90 days!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm coping today with a lot of delayed stress from my trip & my husband being away & also my son's in one of his needy modes. I went to an AA meeting and didn't want to leave to go home alone & so stayed for the freaking business mtg LOL (you can tell from that I'm a bit desperate). I still didn't want to go home alone so I invited a small crew of lonely, sober alcoholic women over to my apartment for Indian food. One of them was so depressed she ended up sleeping on my couch.

This behavior of mine strikes me as pretty funny. Basically I brought home some near strangers, and let the most f-ed up one, who I don't even particularly like, stay the night.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
p***enger

DG is 7 minutes to 1 year!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Courage, it's an hour and a half yet my time, but I suspect I'll be asleep when the time comes. But no reason why we can't celebrate on SR time!!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we can risk it

Congrats on your sober year DG

D
Old 04-07-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
p***enger

I believe DG has ONE YEAR and I invited several of our friends to celebrate with you, DG:

Your anniversary job is to pick out members of your new class of F-Undies (Former Undies, aka Uppity Overies) from the lineup above! (Midnight should be easy.)

Have a great day! ((DG))
Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
p***enger

Aw, I wanted to get in there first but I got to fussing with smilies and missed it. Glad it was you, tho, D.

Congratulations again, DG! You're a star in my book!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about that, Courage...

D
Old 04-08-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Undies (sorry, but true, Bruce, you are now one of us),

I must also add that you are a sight for sore eyes, ACB. (that's a good thing girls, wouldn't want you to misconstrue a guys meaning...so little chance of that happening though). While we have a few guys here post graduate (Drake, wwg, Stevie and Dee) they are not posting with the same regularity. It was down to SJ and I to keep them...well, you get my point, I'm sure

Loved your DG f/up post, Dee..

DG, as I indicated on the limerick's thread, the fact that you turned a year today and not tomorrow has thrown my alkie clock off a bit. I have a busy day and had already planned to write your limerick for a year upon returning from my tuesday aa mtg while watching the Pirate game in the background. Feasibility is not this alkie's strong suit (step 4 note to self), so the schedule remains in tact.

Glee, congrats to the UConnites. Long story, but I did win $153 beanareanos in another pool I play where you buy teams. I won 2.5% of the 50% of Uconn my group owned of the 16K victory payout...minus my buy in. A quick cute "shirtless" follow up story. One of my best buddies was home with his young son as the mother left for a business trip. He asked, what should we do to his boy...response, "let's take our shirts off".

Gilmer, one has already and my other girl is earning her doctorate. Yes, it does offer a sense of family pride. Your hubby will be proud!!

Tanja, my thoughts and prayers are with you today on that Dr appt!

Courage, great story. Remember, we can't keep it unless we give it away. Oh, while I cannot steal DG's answers, I have your puzzle nailed!

Toots, oh Toots. (see what i mean ACB)

Well, I must dash. Hey, keep it booze and drug free today, undies...okay?

Carlos xx
Old 04-08-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

DG..congratulations....One Year!