Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 4

Old 03-21-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Thanks, Ilya!

I'm going to see if I can find something new for my Nook tonight.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Very tough day today. Didn't drink but didn't have a lot of peace. I'm feeling very overwhelmed by life, or my lack of ability to find my place in it right now.

ugh. Beautiful day, did all the right things, still fell apart several times. Analysis paralysis, I think.

People need to stop trying to psychoanalyze me. Or I need to stop, or something. I don't even know right now.

Did MrFixit find those poker pictures? No? Oh well, probably for the best.

I just want to unplug from the human race - - again - - such a bad idea, and yet, that's what I do.

/end scattered rambling rant.

I'll check in tomorrow. Be well everyone. Go to bed sober.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I'm sorry you're having a tough day today, Biminiblue.

Sounds like a good idea to turn your brain off for a bit and just kick back and relax for a while.

Don't completely unplug. Isolation isn't good.

Have a serene sober evening. Take care of yourself tonight.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Good evening class-mates. I am very new here and am learning a lot by reading these conversations. Per the recommendation of Dee74, I am checking out this thread, and *wow* there is a lot of action here. Just curious: what happens after the calendar flips to April…do we people who started in March keep posting here to this string?
Old 03-21-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

yeah you just keep posting here taproot.

Sometimes if people drink/use again, they'll move to the month of their new sobriety date but I hope that won't apply to you or anyone else here
Old 03-21-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Very tough day today. Didn't drink but didn't have a lot of peace. I'm feeling very overwhelmed by life, or my lack of ability to find my place in it right now.
Hey Bimini, nevermind chin up tomorrow is a new day. One thing I can be sure of is that you have/can handle the day much better without the booze, if that's any consolation.

I know for sure you have a place in life, at least for me as a minimum your posts on here have brought light and hope to me in some crappy and stressful times.

Take care
Old 03-21-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Welcome, Taproot! Thanks for joining us. I, for one, have found checking in to this group very helpful. It's really nice to talk to others who are in the same boat, and started sobriety right around the same time.
The idea is that you stay in touch on this thread as you are part of the "Class of March 2014." And the thread will be moved to the Dailys when April begins. So, yes

What does Taproot mean? I wonder if people would be interested in sharing why they chose their names...

Ilya
Old 03-21-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Taproot View Post
Good evening class-mates. I am very new here and am learning a lot by reading these conversations. Per the recommendation of Dee74, I am checking out this thread, and *wow* there is a lot of action here. Just curious: what happens after the calendar flips to April…do we people who started in March keep posting here to this string?
Welcome Taproot! Congratulations on finding SR it is loaded full of help and support!

We stay as Marchers the thread just gets moved elsewhere but we can post away here forever if we want.

Once again
Old 03-21-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us want to be 'fixed yesterday' Bimini and that's not always possible.
Even the best of us have bad days.

Like someone once asked me - maybe you're where you need to be right now?

D
Old 03-21-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hi Bimini, I'm proud of you for staying sober on such a tough day.

Retreating can be great to ensure you have space to recharge and reflect. I love to retreat as well. I hope you get to indulge in that but get yourself out there when you know it's time.

(hugs)

Ilya
Old 03-21-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Like someone once asked me - maybe you're where you need to be right now?

D
That's always been a tough one for me. It's a matter of faith I think. I'm going through it right now on some work stuff; not where I want to be and sometimes get anxious and frustrated about it, but yesterday and also today some things I've been listening to had me thinking more in terms of - what am I supposed to be learning from this, how am i supposed to be growing from this. Maybe if I was/had just what I am wishing for I would pass by what I need to learn and end up not being the wiser for it. I've never had a strong faith in the past and I feel like it's been developing gradually these last several months. I hope this is part of my gaining acceptance and ability to be more in the moment.

Goodnight Marchers. Rest well and sober.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hey all, checking in on day 5. I have been busy lately, but as soon as there is a lull I want to respond to more of my fellow Marchers.

Thanks for all of your support and stay strong.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Taproot View Post
Welcome, Taproot!

There's a great bunch of people here!

Glad to have you!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by adams View Post
That's always been a tough one for me. It's a matter of faith I think. I'm going through it right now on some work stuff; not where I want to be and sometimes get anxious and frustrated about it, but yesterday and also today some things I've been listening to had me thinking more in terms of - what am I supposed to be learning from this, how am i supposed to be growing from this. Maybe if I was/had just what I am wishing for I would pass by what I need to learn and end up not being the wiser for it. I've never had a strong faith in the past and I feel like it's been developing gradually these last several months. I hope this is part of my gaining acceptance and ability to be more in the moment.

Goodnight Marchers. Rest well and sober.
I'm sorry you're having a rough time.

That is a very insightful way to look at things. I'll have to ponder that.

Have a good sober night!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
Hey all, checking in on day 5. I have been busy lately, but as soon as there is a lull I want to respond to more of my fellow Marchers.

Hey, Armitage!

Great job on Day 5!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Well I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's pretty simple but I just love waking up on my own time. It changes everything. And not having to go into work...
Goodnight all

Ilya
Old 03-21-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Congrats enfinthechange and nice hearing from you!

Aarry, exercise works well even just walking like others said. I heard banana and/or toast at night may help? Nice hot bath perhaps? Treat yourself nicely you deserve it !!

Calling it a night all...

See you on day 12 sober . Grateful for you all !
Old 03-21-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Thanks Chris!

Have a great night!

Congrats on Day 12!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Woo hoo! It's 1030 PM and I'm actually feeling tired!

Here's hoping to falling asleep and staying asleep tonight. I've got things to do tomorrow!

Sleep well my friends!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:51 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Armitage View Post

Way to go Armitage! Keep it up.