Old 03-21-2014, 10:56 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hope you get a good nights sleep Arry.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers,
I'm back, safe, sound and SOBER. Yeeeyyy

Feeling on top of the world.

I haven't posted because I couldn't log on using my tablet for some reason, but I've been "lurking" as a guest all week. You've been very busy with milestones reached, problems and tribulations shared and eased, goals achieved, advice asked for and given and much love shared.
I had a fantastic week with my family. (Mother, father, sister niece and nephew) They were so pleased to see me sober and smiling, with a new found inner peace and contentment that they haven't seen in years. I showed them some posts from SR and they could genuinely see how it has helped me.
All those years of letting them down were AGAIN forgiven. I really don't deserve it. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful people as my family. It makes me even more determined not to let them down again.

And I've missed you, my cyber family. I think I'm on day 17

Thanks to you all for great advice before I left and, although I was only lurking, for just being there and doing what you do.
Lastly, welcome all the newbies. WE really can do this.

Last edited by Sparkos; 03-22-2014 at 01:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-22-2014, 01:51 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi Sparkos, was wondering where you were! Am so pleased you had a good time and were able to prove to your family you are really committing to staying sober...well done! x
Old 03-22-2014, 02:04 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

So pleased for you Sparkos, was thinking about you and the ferry and all that, and hoping you made it, and you did!!!! wooohooooooo, well done!!!!

Hope all the peeps with sleep problems are snoozing away in their time zones... I drink Night Time Tea and it helps, you can feel you eyelids drooping afterwards!!!

Sat morning and I have made rice crispie easter nests, and a massive GF choc fudge cake - no hangover = much baking!!! hurrah!!!!

have a nice weeken everyone xxx
Old 03-22-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Sparkos!! You're back!!!

Just when I thought waking up after a good night's sleep with a clear head had made my morning, I read your post.

I saw a German Shep in the park yesterday and it reminded me of your avatar and what a challenge the ferry crossing was presenting to you.

And here you are, one day later very much present and not Missing In Sober Action.

Great to hear from you and on such great form too. Welcome back, fellow Marcher. You were missed! x
Old 03-22-2014, 02:48 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
So pleased for you Sparkos, was thinking about you and the ferry and all that, and hoping you made it, and you did!!!! wooohooooooo, well done!!!! Hope all the peeps with sleep problems are snoozing away in their time zones... I drink Night Time Tea and it helps, you can feel you eyelids drooping afterwards!!! Sat morning and I have made rice crispie easter nests, and a massive GF choc fudge cake - no hangover = much baking!!! hurrah!!!! have a nice weeken everyone xxx
Morning enfin,

Much baking in my immediate future too. Sober Saturday mornings and I'm turning into a proper little hausfrau! Kids are giving me the side-eye, haha...Have a good weekend x
Old 03-22-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Taproot View Post
Good evening class-mates. I am very new here and am learning a lot by reading these conversations. Per the recommendation of Dee74, I am checking out this thread, and *wow* there is a lot of action here. Just curious: what happens after the calendar flips to April…do we people who started in March keep posting here to this string?
Hi taproot, welcome! Glad you're here x
Old 03-22-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Very tough day today. Didn't drink but didn't have a lot of peace. I'm feeling very overwhelmed by life, or my lack of ability to find my place in it right now. ugh. Beautiful day, did all the right things, still fell apart several times. Analysis paralysis, I think. People need to stop trying to psychoanalyze me. Or I need to stop, or something. I don't even know right now. Did MrFixit find those poker pictures? No? Oh well, probably for the best. I just want to unplug from the human race - - again - - such a bad idea, and yet, that's what I do. /end scattered rambling rant. I'll check in tomorrow. Be well everyone. Go to bed sober.
Hi biminiblue, sorry yesterday was tough. I'm with Ilya on retreating a little, but not isolating. As Dee said, early days. Let things unfold, keep posting x
Old 03-22-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by boombox View Post
Hi all, found myself falling off the wagon over the last couple of months. I'm getting tired of beating myself up after a night out. Just wanna be able to go out and not drink. So here it goes again. Really need to keep checking in on this forum. Its such a good form of support. I know that this is the right path for me and all of us. Just wish it wasn't so damn hard.
Hi boombox, welcome!
Old 03-22-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Was up at 4:30 a.m. This morning getting ready for work without a hangover or a headache and I feel really good.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome back guys. Very sweet of you. I almost suffered death by licking from my dogs. I've three dogs, four cats and a mad cow for a wife!!!

Aah the ferry. It turned out being very easy. I simply avoided the deck, (as per your advice) ignored the beast, (who kept reminding me where it was) surfed SR and reminded myself of the wonderful changes that are already happening in my life.

Hope everybody has a great weekend.
Peace.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
Thanks for the welcome back guys. Very sweet of you. I almost suffered death by licking from my dogs. I've three dogs, four cats and a mad cow for a wife!!!.
*coughs.

I'm sure Mrs Sparkos is lovely. Especially if she stands by your sobriety
Old 03-22-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Wb Sparkos,

Welcome boombox and taproot :-) Get comfy in the marchers thread cos theres no leaving without permission! :-)

Time for bed and the end of a third weekend sober here. I cant actually remember evr doing that.... Well since i was like 18 or so.... What a journey this sobriety thing has been so far, and i coukdnt have done it without this place...
Old 03-22-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hello, all. Not sure this is the right place for me. I am on day 7, which means I embraced sobriety on March 16.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Looking4Help123 View Post
Wb Sparkos, Welcome boombox and taproot :-) Get comfy in the marchers thread cos theres no leaving without permission! :-) Time for bed and the end of a third weekend sober here. I cant actually remember evr doing that.... Well since i was like 18 or so.... What a journey this sobriety thing has been so far, and i coukdnt have done it without this place...
Congratulations on 3rd weekend sober! Have a good week.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Welcome FWS....You've definitely come to the right place....A lot of support here at any time of the day ....Welcome, again, fellow Marcher...
Old 03-22-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Thank you! Looking forward to my first sober weekend in a long time--can't even remember the last one! Of course I have personal and family issues going on, as everyone does. But I am facing them with a clear head!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I just saw a sign that says DWI hangovers don't go away..

I am so happy and lucky that I have not experienced one and I don't plan to