Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 4

Old 03-22-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

I just did some scary math I have to walk one mile at a moderate pace to burn calories from two of my favorite beers so that means on the average weekend I need a walk about 24 miles to stay even with the intake.

:-( :-( :-(
Old 03-22-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Good Morning Marchers!

Day 23 for me. At a parade with the family.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nickk View Post
I like to make people laugh - I see it as something positive Going to stick with it but have to do it in my own time At least i've admitted I have a problem and have the intention to do something about it
Hello and welcome, Nickk! Glad you're here. Stick around and when you're ready, you'll find a lot of support here x
Old 03-22-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Yeah, hey Nick. You are here so that means that you want to stop. Welcome!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
I just did some scary math I have to walk one mile at a moderate pace to burn calories from two of my favorite beers so that means on the average weekend I need a walk about 24 miles to stay even with the intake. :-( :-( :-(
Are you still drinking MrF?
Old 03-22-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

I just did some scary math I have to walk one mile at a moderate pace to burn calories from two of my favorite beers so that means on the average weekend I need a walk about 24 miles to stay even with the intake.

Yeah, my solution was to stop eating regular meals and drink more.

It would have been better to walk that 24 miles. I would have been too happy/tired to drink.

I'm off to a new meeting in a new location. Hope I don't get lost. See you all in a while.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shoshie8 View Post

Are you still drinking MrF?
No day 4 here
Old 03-22-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Happy Saturday my fellow Marchers!

Sparks! So good to have you back! I'm so proud of your resolve to stay sober while you were way and navigate your way past the poison on the ferry. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your family sober. I think there are some people in life who won't give up on us. I'm glad your family is of the forgiving kind. It's something very positive to hold on to.

Enfin, I'm coming over for dessert! Who makes the Night Time Tea?

Shoshie! Always good to see you!

MrFixit, it's always nice to wake up sober, isn't it? Even if it's not going to be an easy day, facing it without a hangover just makes it that much easier.

Looking, congrats on making it past your third weekend! I'm smack dab in the middle of mine and I'm liking it!

Noolan, I think dealing with our past is going to be the hardest part of recovery. I think in that, we need to forgive ourselves a little. Goodness knows there is enough we can blame ourselves for. Try taking things one at a time instead of looking at all at once. I used to do that and it gave me a good reason to drink. My perspective on life and my transgressions was fueling my urge to drink so I need to change that up. It's hard to do.

Good morning, Ilya! Getting out of the house sounds like a good thing! I used to be a light sleeper too and it would drive me nuts when my ex would wake me up on the weekends. He would be up at like 5AM though and I was usually up drinking late the night before so yeah, I wasn't very pleasant. Looking back, if I had been sober, I probably would have been getting up early also.

Biminiblue, again, you have such an insightful way of putting things. I like "Did it kill you? Did it pass? Have you survived w a y worse?" I drank to avoid the pain in my life also, especially the epic bender I was on for the past 10 months. That was all about avoiding the pain, loneliness, and self-loathing. I'd really like to find a counselor to help with getting through the process of healing but I've tried it before and it's hard to find someone to really click with.

Chris, congrats on Day 12! You sound like you have an excellent day planned! Maybe they should change the saying "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" to "A moment on the lips, a lifetime of regret." I have been in a pretty good mood these last two weeks. Maybe because I'm not fighting myself anymore.

Facing Future, congrats on day 23! I'm right behind you!

I tried to condense things so I wasn't posting a wall of replies.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by FortWorthsober View Post
Hello, all. Not sure this is the right place for me. I am on day 7, which means I embraced sobriety on March 16.
FortWorth, glad to have you here and congrats on your first week sober!

There's lots of great people here always ready to give you support!

Old 03-22-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Shoshie I have spent the last 6 months mainly sober a few slips I went almost 8 weeks the last time I fell off the wagon head first got ran over by it drug through town by it 2 weeks ago I'm standing back up dusting off and I am going to make it this time.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Nickk View Post
Well i've been recommended to join this exclusive club by posting here so this is it. Not sure I want to join a club that would have me as a member but you get the idea. Looking forward to some support and hopefully giving something back

Best wishes all

Nick
Welcome, Nick!

This is just a smaller group of people to connect with. There's lots of great folks here who will support you and cheer you on. There's not a person here who is really going to pressure you to stop drinking. Only you can decide when you've had enough. However, no one here is going to encourage you to keep dumping the poison down your throat either.

I'm glad you're here! Maybe you will find something that will convince you to put that cider down for good!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Ugh, I don't even want to think about it... though I did discover a while back that a 1.75L bottle of vodka has roughly 4300 calories. In a sick kind of way, maybe it's a good thing I really didn't eat that much while I was drinking. Once I had that first drink, my mind blocked out everything except "Do I have enough vodka for another drink?" The following morning I was usually too sick to eat much of anything.

/shakes her head

I'm glad that's over. I'm thankful I haven't completely messed up my body.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

No day 4 here
Congrats on Day 4!

A nice sober weekend! I was nervous about getting through my first one but it went well.

I'm glad you're here!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Shoshie I have spent the last 6 months mainly sober a few slips I went almost 8 weeks the last time I fell off the wagon head first got ran over by it drug through town by it 2 weeks ago I'm standing back up dusting off and I am going to make it this time.
I LOL'ed at this! What a great way to put how the poison effects us and our lives!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Ah MrF! Apols, I read your first post in the present tense This made me lol too
Old 03-22-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
Happy Saturday my fellow Marchers! Sparks! So good to have you back! I'm so proud of your resolve to stay sober while you were way and navigate your way past the poison on the ferry. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your family sober. I think there are some people in life who won't give up on us. I'm glad your family is of the forgiving kind. It's something very positive to hold on to. Enfin, I'm coming over for dessert! Who makes the Night Time Tea? Shoshie! Always good to see you!
You too sober lady! How's the sleep thing going?
Old 03-22-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Hi all,

A beautiful crisp day is turning to dusk and a week being sober is soon going to be heading into the second week for me. Thanks to those on here for support and guidance. It's been invaluable...

Today, at the Green festival, I introduced some great music, drank coffee and got inspired by news ideas of sustainable living.

Dealt with a highly strung belly dancer admirably who didn't have a CD player on her and needed to have her tunes played directly through the PA.. The joys of Spotify... Dead can dance and the spider's stratagem was one of the obscure pieces she required - as it turns out, an interesting piece.

Also, caught up with some nice non-drinking friends.

Now at home, cooking tea, before heading out again!!! Going to watch more live music. I get on well with the promoter and bar owner who are both currently not drinking. I've told them to stop me as well should I show an interest - but I won't. I'll drive down and I've got strong willpower. In fact, I quite like drinking lime and soda at these events... Does this make me odd in drinking terms? I kind of drink when I get slack and think I can handle it. When I'm feeling really focused nothing can knock me off course!!!

It's lovely to hear about the positive things that people have been doing today, the positive things planned and the overwhelming support people are giving to each other... Big hugs...
Old 03-22-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

I was so irritated by my irrational, over angry husband that I tried to go for a jog. Surprisingly it wasn't my stamina that prevented me from even doing one mile, it was my aching legs. I must condition them back into resilience. so now I can't run out my frustrations, so I'm just going to cry.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Shoshie8 View Post
You too sober lady! How's the sleep thing going?
Went well last night. I tossed a turned a little when I laid down. I went into my other bedroom to grab my Nook and saw a bottle of Nyquil. I thought about the discussion we had here and I dumped it down the toilet.

I slept longer than I would have liked but I figured I had some catching up to do!

Thanks for asking! /hugs
Old 03-22-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Aarry typical three day weekend I would drink two cases of Sam Adams and a 750 milliliter bottle of fireball and maybe smoke a little bit of Mother Nature but I'm working on it. I know everybody says they want their life back I do its true you can lose everything.

Most of my post come from my cell phone I apologize 4 grammar and punctuation.

I think I figured up a couple weeks ago and I've been drunk about 13 days out of the last five and a half holy months which is pretty good for me.
There is good support here we'll make it this time