Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 4

Old 03-22-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Welcome FortWorthSober!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Well i've been recommended to join this exclusive club by posting here so this is it. Not sure I want to join a club that would have me as a member but you get the idea. Looking forward to some support and hopefully giving something back

Best wishes all

Nick
Old 03-22-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Very tough day today. Didn't drink but didn't have a lot of peace. I'm feeling very overwhelmed by life, or my lack of ability to find my place in it right now.

ugh. Beautiful day, did all the right things, still fell apart several times. Analysis paralysis, I think.

People need to stop trying to psychoanalyze me. Or I need to stop, or something. I don't even know right now.

Did MrFixit find those poker pictures? No? Oh well, probably for the best.

I just want to unplug from the human race - - again - - such a bad idea, and yet, that's what I do.

/end scattered rambling rant.

I'll check in tomorrow. Be well everyone. Go to bed sober.
I've been feeling overwhelmed this week too. Cravings, prideful feelings of sober living, regrets surfacing from past behavior, thoughts of drinking again "someday", and stresses of just daily living have all manifested themselves this week and been at war with one another. It's been tiring and also exciting. All you can do is hang in there. Everyday I'm doubtful of the future, but I look back over the last few years and know that method of living wasn't making me happy, so I'm giving this a shot.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Good mornin! Welcome back Sparks! Welcome newcomers! Well I'm up, but I can't do my normal routine because my husband is sound asleep in the living room. So I'm going to shower, pack up, head to the coffee shop and go work out. I suppose I'll see him later.
He gets really angry when I wake him up. But he's a light sleeper. Did I ever mention that my husband has a terrible temper and will fly off the handle randomly and blame me just because he needs to blow off some steam?
I'm going to stay away from him for a bit.
He's not physically abusive, don't worry about that. But his tolerance for stress is nil. I just can't take him seriously because he's such a baby.
I have been stressed out as well. But I wouldn't pick on him or go looking for reasons to explode on him.
Sigh. I'm getting outta this house.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Welcome, ForthWorth.

Please send warm weather.

Love, Cold people.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

This has been one of the COLDEST winters for us too, for Texas that is... As soon S we have more than 2 days in a row over 70, I'll send it right up!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noolan View Post
I've been feeling overwhelmed this week too. Cravings, prideful feelings of sober living, regrets surfacing from past behavior, thoughts of drinking again "someday", and stresses of just daily living have all manifested themselves this week and been at war with one another. It's been tiring and also exciting. All you can do is hang in there. Everyday I'm doubtful of the future, but I look back over the last few years and know that method of living wasn't making me happy, so I'm giving this a shot.
Noolan, thank you. And thank you to everyone who has offered understanding. You know, I know I need to go to meetings, because what I was doing clearly was not working and the main reason was I was sitting alone in my misery. But, they are heart-wrenching and disturbing and peaceful and healing and full of anger and resentments and shame and guilt and love and hate and all the crap I have been avoiding for seven years -longer if you consider I've been a loner most of my life and would usually walk away from other peoples' problems, and feel smugly superior. Now I'm feeling all the feels. It's excruciating. I'm only sticking with it because I know instinctively it's exactly what I need, but man.

Welcome back Sparkos, Welcome first timer Nickk!

Ilya, I hope you find somewhere to go that is fun and relaxing. I usually leave the house because there is no one to talk to at all, so I guess we each have our stuff.

Today's Daily Reflection from 12 Steps is "No more struggle." Thank you baby jeebus, because yesterday was certainly a struggle.

My conclusion to my painful episode came with prayer. Once again I look for an "out" to my pain and suffering. What came to me as an answer is, "Did it kill you? Did it pass? Have you survived w a y worse?" I think I can live with the temporary pain, but the tragedy of using alcohol to numb that pain will absolutely kill me.

Today I will choose a happy day. I will seek to stay in the moment.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

thanks for the welcome = hopefully we can all get through this together - he said with a can of cider in his hand.

I must stop it but can I get the weekend out if the way first
Old 03-22-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nickk View Post
thanks for the welcome = hopefully we can all get through this together - he said with a can of cider in his hand.

I must stop it but can I get the weekend out if the way first
I hear cider goes down the drain quite nicely.

I've poured out many a bottle, myself. It felt really good.

You're here because you want to stop, right? The only way to stop is to do the thing.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 12 sober thanks to you all !!
Welcome all the new-comers we welcome you with open arms keep checking in with us !
Lots of great updates here. Some great, some challenging, but all the good and bad being shared is always ALL GOOD since it means we are looking for and getting the support we need to stay on track. We all know we get that voice reminding us how "fun" it was to drink or party and then we get the reality-check from ourselves (and everyone else here) that says that is a bunch of BS! It may seem fun for a few minutes but then you suffer days/weeks of regret at the very least both from yourself and from the ones you love around you. Thanks to you all for reminding me this every day!
I have a long day planned off the grid (no cell phone yay!!!). ... Hiking and biking with family and friends in a remote location about 1.5 hours north of San Francisco.
Ahhh the fresh sea air and exercise and a picnic lunch. All the great ingredients for a perfect alcohol-free day. Woo-hooo!!!
Hugs to you all !! You are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers !! -Chris
Old 03-22-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for you input but please dont pressurize me

I Know I have a problem and i'm in for the long haul but todays not a good day
Old 03-22-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

I dont even like cider I only buy it cos it slows me down
Old 03-22-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nickk View Post
I'm grateful for you input but please dont pressurize me

I Know I have a problem and i'm in for the long haul but todays not a good day
I'm not going to say, "Drink up, come back Monday." Sorry. I don't think that's the answer.

You'll quit when you are ready, nothing I can do about that from my keyboard. Your problem is your problem and yours alone.

I wish you well, please take care of yourself, I care about you. Please stay and read - I hope you find something that is helpful to you and will resonate enough to help you stop drinking.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

thank you for your kind thoughts.

I do have a bit of a problem with people telling me what to do. chucking the last 2 cans of cider down the sink isnt going to make a whole load of difference in the big scale of things

I joined this forum because I wanted some help and after that i'd like to give something back.

Sorry if I've offended anyone

Nick
Old 03-22-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Nickk, ha ha, you made me laugh!

A problem drinker who doesn't like people telling them what to do! Welcome Home, friend.

We'll be here when you run out of cider, stay with us.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I like to make people laugh - I see it as something positive

Going to stick with it but have to do it in my own time

At least i've admitted I have a problem and have the intention to do something about it
Old 03-22-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hahaha! My problem has always been that I done even like myself telling me what to do! So I resolved to rebel against myself rebelling against myself.... Ha! Whatever works!

Nickk I am glad you made it in here for some support. We often shout out to each other to pour bottles we've found or have in our hands down the drain. Sometimes it's really helped me rip the band aid off in the past... So I'm just saying don't be surprised if you hear that, because all of us have had to do it too. If it just angers you then that's you. We're here to help.
I think I re-joined SR and this thread while I was horribly hung over and I'll be honest, I had a few drinks that day. I started counting my days the next day, when I didn't have any drinks...
Not sure if that's why today is a bad day for you to quit... I know that's what it was for me. But, since that was the case, that's why every day was a bad day for me! Haha!
This is a thread full of people who know that every day is a bad day to not drink. Weddings, funerals, birthdays, in and out of jobs, all of life's ups and downs. But we conversely remind each other why they're great days not to drink. And that's how we get through it.
I hope you power through this weekend. I remember quitting on a weekend. It didn't matter because I was ready.
Good luck and welcome!

Ilya
Old 03-22-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

I used to throw all my bottles in the trash but then I started worrying that I was going to cause the trash man to have a drinking problem
Old 03-22-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Well, Nick....We have all been there at some point....some a little better some a little worse but we all share 1 thing...the inability to control the beast that destroys every good thing around us......That's why we are all here......To learn how to not only defeat it but to learn how to keep it at bay...Welcome...you are amongst friends ....
Old 03-22-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Cheers for that