Notices

Class of March 2013 part 25

Old 03-07-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

It's so good to hear you find some joy LP! I think you ingested some of that rainbow North mentioned. You sound good! Oh that dumb weight will fall off you if you do the whole30 and keep up on not drinking you know what. FALL OFF I say. Keep us posted. It's all up from here!

I'm glad your eye is okay Gilmer. Will you get your cataract fixed? My dad had both his done. He used to call them Cadillacs. He told me the doctor said he had Cadillacs. I said Dad. That's a car. And my mom had one fixed. We didn't do the other because by that time it would have been too hard on her. Her birthday is coming up here on the 16th I've been missing her a lot lately. She's still in a box. I can't find that special thing. I may just have to go with something pretty until the perfect thing arrives.

I have no idea what anybody is talking about when it comes to cheesesteak. But it sounds pretty good.

That must have been really nice spending that artist time with your friend Marcher. I hope I have that much grace when it's my time. I do know for a fact I don't want to be drunk when it comes. My favorite American poet Edna St Vincent Millay has a poem that says all I will do for death is die. I always liked that. It can have me the minute it comes but nothing before.

I loved the retired from drinking Budd. I can't stop thinking about that one. It was a great post.

How's the downsizing going Sassy? I've hear we never really need more than 3 of anything. I'm going to disagree on a few items over that one. You all know one thing where that won't work for me but I've withheld a big secret from you all. I'm worse with coats.

Uh. I'm the puffy face around here DD. However it has improved a lot! I'm running about an 8. Doc and Sassy and Duff and We you were all right. I'm on the mend! You get back in your routine DD and those 4lbs will disappear. I'm surprised it's only 4lbs with all the gourmet food you've eaten! It would have been 10 on me.

I like your kitty cat Venus. There are several kitty cat lovers here. I'm really a cat person. I love my dogs but they are little ones so I always say they are dogish. They really are more like cats. They do more cat things than dog things. Deep down I'm a cat person.

Sorry I missed you Babs! I saw you popped in again. Hug back to you!

You are sure handling your new life well Toots! You are on the go and sound like you been having fun doing it.

Hi Meso. Just hi. And (((hug)))

I'm pretty pooped so I'm going to bed early. Another exciting Friday night in shoe land.

xoxo to everyone!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'm too tired to post much, lucky you . Work crazayzay right now with a big special event at my location, and the unveiling of our remodel which technically, isn't done. There is one set of subcontractors who are no longer getting nice wehav. They are now getting "oh yes you will do this and you will do it now" wehav. I don't like her very much, I can tell they don't like her very much, but they treated nice wehav with very little respect so left me no choice. Funny thing is, if I were drinking this would have caused me to drink more. I also would have constantly second guessed myself. Nope, I'm good. No hesitation, no worries, no booze.

Progress, baby!

Shout outs to all you lovely people! And dd, my favorite knucklehead lol.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Oh and life, good on you for getting exercise and looking at diet! They do have a vegetarian whole30, but you aren't supposed to go crazy with soy products. I opted for the regular one. J would kill me if I cooked her tofu, among other reasons. She's been a good sport about the whole thing. Eats what I cook, and still has sweet, milky coffee so she's a happy camper.

You can eat a lot of eggs and fish and shrimp. Etc. yes, whole30 is basically a short term squeaky clean paleo. It's been an eye opener so far, tomorrow is day 15.

You need to do a lot of food label reading to make sure you don't eat any forbidden ingredients, they are sneaky. I think you will like it. By all means pm me if you want more info! Oh if you want a laugh, google the whole30 timeline. Pretty accurate.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:42 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody! Many good posts here. By reading them, I feel like I'm starting my day off right! What a wonderful place SR is!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Dee, I saw on another thread that you've been suffering from the flu. I hope you're feeling better now!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

^^^ Ditto. So much love Dee. Feel better soon!!!! ♥
Old 03-08-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

It's in our natures to hover, Dee! You'll just have to get used to it!
Old 03-08-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Yes, Shoes, I plan to get my cataract removed this year--and then do the other eye so I don't see double.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I had a dream last night. My dreams are really deep! I dreamed that I was watching the Beverly Hillbillies and Jethro had gotten married and divorced and was a schoolteacher! I kept thinking how the show had really, really jumped the shark!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

One of the great things about having a sober twin halfway around the world, the celebration lasts for 2 days! HAPPY ONE YEAR MARCHER!!!! Thanks for being here with and for all of us. I hope you have something wonderful planned for the day, you've earned it!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Happy anniversary, Ken and Marcher!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Dear Mum,

I love and miss you every day. I[ve news for u, Aunt M, Dad's lasts surviving sister, Aunt M chose today was going to be the day she called in the cool gang to rest and party in peace with.........don't let her sing too long. remember your off the cuff poems.

much love x
Old 03-08-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

(((((life))))) Bless her soul; may she rest in peace.

Huge love,

V xx

A special prayer for all the beautiful mums, and aunts, and everyone we have lost. Amen. ♥
Old 03-08-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hugs life xxxx
Old 03-08-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, LTP! You still are a wonderful daughter.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Marcher for you....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (96.4 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-08-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

And for our very own Budd, thank you for your humour, your support, and your testosterone! you didn't desert us when you were the lone male......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (32.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-08-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Not sure why one came out huge! Both sent with the same amount of love!! Xx
Old 03-08-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

to Marcher and Ken on one awesome year of sobriety!!!

Wishing you both many more. ♥

Love V xx
Old 03-08-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Congratulations on ONE year sober, Marcher and Ken!!!