Administrator

Class of March 2013 part 25

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-24-a-21.html

D
Old 03-05-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sure I understand your thesis, but all monthly threads have an ebb and flow LT - some people move back into real life, some sadly but truthfully go back to addiction, some stick around because they need SR, others stick around because they like it here.

D
Old 03-05-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey! No fair Dee!! You don't get driving seat and Shotgun!!!!

To Life's Thesis, there are probably reasons most months that folk would try to quit, like January I imagine is one of the busiest classes at the start. Then, some folk would stop drinking for lent, the month would depend on the timing of Easter, I guess I'm saying whatever month, if you're ready to quit you will, if your not, you may move away from SR completely, find other threads, join other months, etc etc. I originally joined in the October, but never really understood about the Classes. It was the first interactive site I had been on, and I just hung around the chat room until I felt tempted to drink and ran away so I wouldn't get talked out of it. Then I came back in January, found the 30 days and under, completed thirty days and celebrated with a 2 week bender. Then came back in March and decided to nosy on the class. I still didn't really understand. It's one of the reasons I point Newbies towards the relevant Class or the Year and Under thread. From that base of support, they can then start exploring.

Do I get to sit on you knee now Dee?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello tootsl love. ♥

With our Feb 13 class thread, there are still around 6 of us who talk to each other, and support each other. And I hope we always will. Yes, a lot of people slipped away, and it does make me sad, but it is what it is...

I'm just glad you all didn't mind me joining you here.
SR will continue to be a huge part of my life no matter what, because I love it here, and I truly believe that we have to give it away to keep it.

I went through a breakdown over Christmas/January, and I didn't post for a few weeks.
I was miserable, and lonely, and I had zero defenses left. I came very close to losing 10 months of precious sobriety.

And apart from all of that, much to my delight, I have made friends here who are incredibly important to me. An unexpected blessing. And I'm incredibly grateful for that. And happy!!!

Hello lifetplant ~ So good to see you again!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMOMjCoR58

Love to all,

Vxx
Old 03-05-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I stick around because I like it here. It feels like home to me.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

<-------- likes it here.

I don't mind about who's in what thread for how long or if they leave or jump around. It's their business to come and go as they please. I wish everyone well.

But the ones who stay and play, like you guys and gals, are my buddies and I love you!
Old 03-05-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I stick around because I like it here. It feels like home to me.
Agreed, Least!

I've been reading but a bit scarcer the past few days. I'm in a whirlwind of getting my home ready to put on the market. Hopefully in a couple of weeks. If anything, it has been busier than ever here and it's always fun to welcome new members to this great thread.

Hugs!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I like it here too. A lot. I'm okay if people need to move on. I just want the best for folks no matter what.

I like the friendships I've made. It's like the old pen pal days. I have friends all over the world. Might be handy if I ever travel abroad and need a place to crash. Haha. Feel free to think of my place as a hostel if you are in the area. It will feel like sleeping in a thrift shop slash zoo but I promise you won't be bored.

I'm feeling pretty 8 the last few days. I even went to the gym over my lunch hour. How bout that! I didn't do much. In fact my heart rate went down on the treadmill. Only me. Work is not good so I chalk it up to working out actually reduces my stress. Go figure.

So another job is going to bite the dust. I've been scared to tell you all since it's looking like I can't hold a darn job. I'm hoping just bad luck and it's not me. Worst job atmosphere I've ever been in. I've had the most inappropriate things said to me by the owner and that's coming from someone who worked in a bar. What's that tell you? He's crazy. 2 people walked out last week and I've heard rumor the 3rd is on her way out here soon. It's bad. The only thing saving me is my direct supervisor (looking for another job ASAP btw) has got my back so I've just been laying low till I can find something else. She literally said to me..shoes, you have to get out of here. Eeek. I don't even know where to begin with venting on this one so I'm just not going to start. I think this may have been the straw that broke the thyroid's back though.

Anyhoo, have no feelings of running to go drink. That's a good thing. Oh well. Do-do happens.

xoxo
Old 03-05-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Really hope you find something else soon Shoes.
The owner of this company sounds like he deserves a smack.
I am kind of in the same boat.
I could certainly never hold a darn job when I was drinking and smoking, but I think I am different now.

(Don't know if you saw my hello post to you in the last thread).

Marcher ~ one of our SR friends talks about how the AV seems to raise it's ugly head around milestones. Maybe that's part of what is going on with you right now.

Love V xx
Old 03-05-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Shoes, I doubt the job thing has anything to do with you ... other than the fact that you aren't willing to be a doormat! So many jobs seem to be tough these days. I think you will find something that works for you. It may take some tries so I hope you won't get too discouraged. I'm delighted to hear you are up to 8! That's a huge difference
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think the milestones can really play tricks with us along with our AV's. I can imagine people thinking "I've got so many days under my belt, I can control it now."

I think saying I "retired" instead of quit, stopped or just don't drink anymore really helps me.

I bowled for 45 years. 2 years ago stopped because physical limitations kept me from being able to play at the level I was accustomed to. Can I still throw a bowling ball? Yes, but it's not the same and I just don't want to anymore, after 45 years I think I had the right to say I retired instead of quit.

By the same right, I drank for over 30 years, I didn't enjoy it anymore so I retired, I have the right to do that. When the AV or anyone gets in my ear I just say I'm retired. I know if I try to bowl seriously again I will end up with some major injuries, if I drink again, I know I'll end up with major problems. My mind actually does work well in that sense.

Now, drugs I quit back in the early 90's, but I was never big into them so that to me, was just a matter of growing up, like the college age kids that party all through school and then settle down.

For me it was a matter of making myself comfortable with my decisions.

Living in Key West, I cant fart without a bartender knowing it, so I have to keep my mind where it works best for me. And that's one simple word.

RETIRED
Old 03-05-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ok, everyone reminiscing had me curious, just when did I crash this thread I thought maybe May or June. Turns out I popped in and didn't introduce myself, how rude, on march 4, 2013. Lol.

New Day, i feel ya on being nervous you will know somebody at an AA meeting. but the cool thing is they are there for the same reason as you. the first time i ran into someone i knew, it was my old bartender! we just smiled and gave each other a hug. it will get easier for you. at some point, you may even look forward to seeing your new friends in the rooms.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oops that was my first post, copied below the comment.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I noticed also, that I never introduced myself, I just barged in without knocking!!!! around March 15th.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Shoes, I didn't see your post while all that copy pasting was going on. I'm sorry about your job honey. Sorry you have to go looking again. Any place is lucky to have you.
I learned something about you in my little adventure into the past just now. In early march, just two days sober, you picked yourself up and told your withdrawal anxiety to shove it. You walked to the mailbox, paid your bills, and got on with it. That's the shoes we see now, but you are even better! And even better lookin' I'm sure
Old 03-05-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you Venuscat for the shout out. I kind of like crabs too. Hermit the crab job was about 3 jobs ago. My last actual real one. I resigned from it when my Mom got Alzheimer's and I had to help my parents. Seems like a lifetime ago. Took a year off and I just can't seem to find my place. I was really hoping this would just be a nice office job with normal stress. All jobs have some. Didn't really care about the money. Just didn't want complicated. Wanted to spend my remaining working years doing something I found fulfilling enough but nothing too stressful.

I guess everyone wants that and the only ones left are the crappy ones. Lol

I do like the casual dress so my pain tolerance is higher because of that and I may be able to put up with Mr Crazy. Plus I got his number and he's dealing with a big girl here. This ain't my first rodeo handling the likes of him. I just hate how he messes with the younger ones or the more insecure ones. He literally went into the office where the 2 accounting people (women) were and slammed the door with his foot and then proceeded on his scream fest. One of them was one that walked out.

Other than telling me how attractive I am (proof he's crazy) and blowing smoke up my *ss about his big promotion plans for me he hasn't pulled the temper out on me...yet. I got his number. I know how to play him. He's all ego and insecurity. I can smell 2 things a mile away. Money and bull*****. He's #2. I know how to deal with his bs but I hate there are people scared of him. He is a bully. Bad mojo there.

I like the retired idea Ken. That's how I feel too. I retired from drinking. Had my fill. That's for sure. I just don't see the point of it anymore.

Now if I could retire from crazy, inc.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ken, how the heck did you start bowling in the womb?? Bet your mom was ready for you to enter the world! great post.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I remember that post We!! I remember it!

Well I'm not quitting till I find another We. CEO of Crazy, Inc can do what he wants. I don't change who I am over what he does. He the crazy one. Not me. I do my job and get out of there. I've learned the only fight you ever win is the one you don't get in to. I just smile, stay positive, and say thank you.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have shivers Shoes. You are telling my story.
My mum had Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia. I was my folks' full-time carer for three years. It's hard to do anything else now; I could continue to do care work, but it pays very badly, and well, I can't get little V (cat) to get a job. She won't even vacuum!!!

Retired. I like that Ken!!!! ♥

wehav, hello love. Can't imagine you being rude, ever.

V xx
Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

((((((Venus))))))