# 42 (permalink)  

Ha ha Marcher
Old 03-07-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey Life, how as the tap the other night? X
Old 03-07-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Gosh it was quiet here overnight. It's weird outside this morning -- very grey with low rumbling thunder which is unusual in the morning but it is the time of year for storms.

My elderly friend April -- the one with terminal cancer -- came into the shop yesterday for a visit, she's still able to drive. She's having chemotherapy at the moment but it's a palliative treatment for pain so she's even thinner if that's possible but still in great spirits. She's currently doing a series of graphite drawings representing fashion in each decade since she began working in 1947. She came in to get some watercolour for the washes so we had a great time playing with pencils and water.

Have a good and sober Friturday peeps.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

That sounds really neat, Marcher. I'm glad she's still doing well.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely Marchers! ♥

Marcher, your friend sounds like an incredible power of example.
A woman who refuses to have her spirit broken; a true fighter.
Thinking of her this morning....and you too love.
Are celebrations planned??? Hmmm?

Love Venus xx
Old 03-07-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Marcher, I can't remember if I commented on that picture the other day of the huge thunder clouds and the airplane. It was awesome! I love a decent thunderstorm! I so admire your friend and how she is facing her mortality, every time you mention her, I feel more humble. I'm sure I would not be so equananemous about my impending death.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi Gilmer, hi VC, x
Old 03-07-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Love and hugs to tootsl and Gilmer, and more for all the rest of the Marchers!!! ♥♥♥

V xx
Old 03-07-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Yeah, much affection to everybody!
Old 03-07-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
GAH! I have a busy week at work, albeit nothing crazy like last week in NYC, and you guys go and post up a storm! I can't keep up!

So quick hits:

Welcome Venus! I got sober in March 2013 but snuck in hear around August or September. Ok, "snuck" is the wrong word. More like guns blazing!

Gilmer - glad everything went ok at Will's. I didn't know you needed a cheesesteak recommendation lol. My corner pizza place is the best! (that's what everyone says).

Toots - speaking of cheesesteaks, I had no idea that commercial was national. I just figured it was a local market thing. Fun fact: one of the local sports radio guys apparently almost died doing the cheesesteak shuffle. He choked on a bite and another sports talk guy had to give him the heimlich. Extra fun fact: the two sports radio guys hate each other.

Sass - no good food adventures, I'm afraid. Apparently, I gained 4 pounds in NYC so I'm going on a bit of a diet. My problem is that even though I'm skinny, when I gain weight, it goes all to my face and belly. Last thing I want is a puffy face! I gave that up when I stopped drinking.

Shoes - sorry about your job situation. Things have a way of working themselves out.

That's all I got for now. Love to the rest of you knuckleheads!
Old 03-07-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

(((digdug))) Lovely to meet you!!!

Do any of you keep a list of the class's sober dates?
I so don't want to miss your big celebrations!!!

Love V xx
Old 03-07-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Gosh, DD! I could easily have walked to your corner steak shop on my way home from the Flower Show! What a bummer! I just ordered room service from the Omni, and it was pretty good, but not great. Jersey Mike's, a chain in VA that I frequent, is much better.

The Omni did a fantastic filet and risotto, though!
Old 03-07-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Room service cheesesteak? Oh, Gilmer. Shame on you!
Old 03-07-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

It was better than a sharp stick in the eye (that I got at Wills!).

They actually make pretty good pizza!
Old 03-07-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by digdug View Post
Love to the rest of you knuckleheads!
Hey! I resemble that remark!
Old 03-07-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

HI all,

Oh Toots my last two tap have been fab, but boy can that move. I've upped the ante by committing to a two hour sunday morning class on top of my Mon eve class......practice is hard in an apartment though........I do have a tap board but it's still bloody noisy. If my neighbours on my right to me I wouldn't be bothered so much as the neighbour on the left to me speaks on speaker phone on her balcony at all hours of the night.....grrrrrr.

Hey Venus, Marcher and Dee.........there's a new com bank advert out....they're featuring tappers, there's a few different adds but if you so happen to see the dude with the dark hair, dark skin and dreadlocks tapping like he's Usain Bolt.....that's my teacher.

So I just returned from a PT session at the gym. This was my third free session since joining this new gym.........I plan to actually go to this one instead of paying membership to the other one for the past year that I attended 4 times. Anyhow, he presented me with a printed out copy of my programme today. It was only when as I was leaving beside my name was estimated weight 80KG!!!!!!.........now no offence to anyone who is 80kg (179ibs), but given my already established short arse height and the last time I stood on the scales I was 56kg........I was a little miffed. He assured me it was just the computer and it's just a motivator???? See yourself as others see you eh!!

Marcher, your friend sounds so strong, how also therapeutic for her to have a creative hand and be able to focus concentration on what I imagine is something she thoroughly enjoys instead of wasting away the hours thinking of yesterday's and tomorrows.

Gilmer and DD your culinary discussions make me laugh.

WeHave, i'm opting in for the Whole30 diet.......it's pretty much of the same as the Paelo, i've heard such wonderful things. I'm really focussing more on energy and a general wellness than immediate weight loss though that also would be a bonus......given i'm now 80kg

Problem is, i'm a veggie.........well I do eat fish. Dinners aren't too bad as long as i'm prepared to cook.......often i'm not, lunch is easy, salad, salad, salad..........i'm really struggling with breakfast. I'd love to hear how you're doing and what you're eating (PM me if you like).

Shoes, how are you chick. I hope you are about to enjoy a nice restful weekend and that you are either on an 8 or better still have progressed to a 9. Working with nasty bosses just drains the life out of you. There are two things that weigh up how we survive happily and that is work and home. If home is good, then unhappiness at work is survivable and vica versa.......in the short term........ultimately though, what we all want is a work/life balance and a sense of content that goes with it.........I don't say happiness because if we were never sad, how would we ever feel joy.

Speaking of whom, if you're hovering Joy, do pop in and say hello........only if you feel you want to or need to. I've been slack on the running, I need you to pop in and give me a boost.

To Sass, Ken, Duff, Babs, North...........and anyone else I haven't mentioned.

Sending love.

LP x
Old 03-07-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Oh BTW, the post I always intend to last a couple of lines end up like a novel.

It always makes me giggle when I go to the "post quick reply tab" !
Old 03-07-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I looked for the ad life, but the only one on YouTube right now is the one with the two tappers. How awesome that you do this!!! And 80 kg??? I would have fainted.

Loving learning about all of you!

I have to hurry up and get going to dad's.
Both of my sisters went away for the long weekend (Monday holiday here) and I hate leaving him alone. Think we might have pizza tonight ~ no diet food here, as you can tell

Love V xx
Old 03-07-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I've not seen it myself yet V, but apparently it is on........going from the text I received last night, perhaps tonights was it's first 'outing'.

Nice day eh V, i'm house cleaning....hope to get back out and enjoy that beautiful sunshine in a wee bit......can't be done until clean house to come home to. x