Feeling low
Old 02-07-2014, 12:18 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is it Friday night blues Liss?
Old 02-07-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

Good morning and Happy Friday ~ great going to everyone on your milestones. Sunny hope your son is ok and gets out soon - I bet you feel so good being able to be sober at this particular time and event.
I can't wait to get thru work today and come home. Supposed to get another batch of bad weather this weekend. I'm glad I'm having a heater installed in case the electric goes out. We haven't fully recovered from the last snow/ice episode. Everyone in cold winter places - stay warm!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 25 here also, thanks for the quarter of 100 will. I wouldn't. It have come up with that one myself. Feeling pretty good this morning. It's Friday I'm ready for the weekend.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 40 days Adee!
Old 02-07-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Liss: stay strong. keep posting here. We all experience low times in our journey to sobriety. I have flatlined for about a week right now. After my first week of no alcohol I dipped really low. Couldn't work straight, communicate straight, just all over the place. It passes.

On day 37 here. Feel good, if not flat many times. Don't really feel tempted but I am starting to let the AV seep in a bit and talk to me about future vacations and summer BBQs, how it will be nice to have some beers sitting in the mountains on a nice evening. Just need to worry about today
Old 02-07-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

yup same here half - I was thinking if I am on vacation...can I just go back to drinking like i did come home stop again...tricky tricky my AV is also crafty and one step ahead of me. I am not going on vacation...valentines might be harder but the Superbowl wasn't.

I like to hear the Beastie boy song in my head "shes crafty" my AV is part of me too, i created it to cope...of course its crafty...I have to embrace that part of myself too and maybe make LIGHT of it and stop making it such a demon. I am always attracted to doing things that are on the darker side...why would it be any different for my AV. Just trying to think in different ways to deal with the old habits.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Heh Liss,

Just know that early in recovery you'll have ups and downs. Be kind to yourself today and don't push too hard. We're here for you.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Good Morning (thanks for asking, Odelle!)-doing well over here. I've had no slips since the other day and I'm back on track. I think I've been actually fearing my addiction, so I worry when I desire a drink. No more-my hand does not have to follow my desire. I sat next to an extremely attractive man last night at a kid fuction, but I had no fear that I would do anything inappropriate or immoral. I realized that I really do consider my own drinking a moral question now, because it has affected my family and my own life. It's a lot easier for me to understand and be at peace with now.

Congrats, Adee on 40 days today! Congrats Sunny on being a brave and awesome Mom!
Well done, everyone.

I'm going to spend the afternoon outside, doing anything. It's supposed to be above zero today at some point and the weekend forcast looks ominous.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Good morning and thank you. 40 days feels good even if it's been harder the last week or so. I do have the sense that even though it sometimes feels like standing still, I am in fact moving forward.

Emkay - glad to hear you are doing better. Sunny - many good thoughts for your son's quick return home - I'm sure this must be very hard on you all. Glad he is seeing it as sort of an adventure - we can learn a lot from our kids. Liss - everyone is right - emotions go crazy for a while. Hang on and talk to us. Let us help.

Stay strong everyone and have a good Friday.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Good afternoon. Today is not shaping up to be my greatest day ever. The disappointment is settling in, and I am restless and frustrated. On Monday, I drank. Followed by more drinking on Tuesday.... It's eating me up inside!! Why oh why did I make these stupid choices?? I was out of town, and had no intention of drinking, but when the situation arose, I did. Bad choice.

I am beginning to feel like a broken record, as this is the FOURTH time I have done this to myself since last February!! There is something within me that is broken. I must fix this. This is really hard.

Well, instead of just sulking, I will start considering what I need to do to strengthen my sobriety resolve. This is something that I truly want, so I'm not sure why I keep sabotaging my success. I am mystified by my behavior, yet I know that these are the choices I have made.

Day three.

Much love,

MV
Old 02-07-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

MV: as others have told me many times; if what you're doing isn't working than you need to do something different. Don't beat yourself up but it looks like you need to try a different angle. I am only at 37 days sober so i may not be the best person to give advice.

Hope this class has a safe and sober weekend. I will try and jump on tomorrow if I have the chance. Sometimes the weekends are the hardest to post for me. I will make it through this weekend. Thanks to everyone for support over the past month+
Old 02-07-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Hi all, it is good to know we are all human and prone to not being perfect. Myngon, we both slipped this week but we are back among friends who want to help and it is such a relief. When I drink I can only liken it to like having an out of body experience of watching myself go thru the motions, go to the fridge, pour the drink and sit down in my favourite chair and drink until I numb my internal pain.

My slip maybe was a good thing as it just reaffirmed drinking doesn't help me, I felt worse and very unhappy. I don't like that feeling, I sent my husband a message yesterday telling him not to worry, that is not what I want to fall back into my old destructive patterns and thanked him for his support - he is a keeper!

Look after yourselves this weekend my friends, be kind to yourselves x
Old 02-07-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

any ideas yet on what you can do differently Mvng?

D
Old 02-07-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by halfvictory View Post
MV: as others have told me many times; if what you're doing isn't working than you need to do something different. Don't beat yourself up but it looks like you need to try a different angle. I am only at 37 days sober so i may not be the best person to give advice.

Hope this class has a safe and sober weekend. I will try and jump on tomorrow if I have the chance. Sometimes the weekends are the hardest to post for me. I will make it through this weekend. Thanks to everyone for support over the past month+

We all can offer support no matter the days we have. I am early in too, only 25days. We all need help.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Mvngon,

A thought to consider..................

If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don’t;
If you’d like to win, but think you can’t,
It’s almost a cinch you won’t.
If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost,
For out in the word we find
Success begins with a fellow’s will,
It’s all in the state of mind.

If you think you’re outcasted, you are;
You’ve got to think high to rise.
You’ve got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life’s battles don’t always go
To the stronger or faster man;
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can.

Lets do this again. (((Mvngon)))
Old 02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
any ideas yet on what you can do differently Mvng?

D
Dee, this is a good question, and I am thinking long and hard about it.

I think that I may have to make my commitment crystal clear to my husband (as I haven't in the past), as every failure I have had has been the result of some sort of outing between the two of us. He is a wine drinker, and he likes his companion. When I gave it up for 6 months, he thought I was nuts and over-reacting. It's a tough one----every single slip has been with him at my side. Not blaming him at all--just a reflection on our relationship, and how we have unfortunately "bonded" in the past. Lot's to think about here....very sad that for 20 plus years our lives have revolved around wine and dinner... The thing is, he now has some very serious health issues, and giving up the vino wouldn't hurt him a bit...but that's not happening. Regardless, this is my issue, and I need to figure this out.

Thanks for the kind support guys. I truly appreciate it.

Much love,

MV
Old 02-07-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Is it Friday night blues Liss?
yeah but weird another member rang me at the exact time people were cracking beers open god job yay
Old 02-07-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry there's no support at your house but I'm glad you have the support here and that of real life sober friends to lean on

D
Old 02-07-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by halfvictory View Post
Liss: stay strong. keep posting here. We all experience low times in our journey to sobriety. I have flatlined for about a week right now. After my first week of no alcohol I dipped really low. Couldn't work straight, communicate straight, just all over the place. It passes. On day 37 here. Feel good, if not flat many times. Don't really feel tempted but I am starting to let the AV seep in a bit and talk to me about future vacations and summer BBQs, how it will be nice to have some beers sitting in the mountains on a nice evening. Just need to worry about today
thanx got through it another member rang at the time people were cracking beers open saved my arse big time yay x