Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 7

Old 01-29-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hang in there bebetter. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'll be praying for you.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good luck today bebetter - I am so sorry you're going through this - you're in my thoughts xxxxx
Old 01-30-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hope you're ok Bebetter, thoughts are with you xx
Old 01-30-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hope you are hanging in there Bebetter. Hope you are able to get some rest too today! We are all here for each other...that's why I love this thread! Hope to here from you soon!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well, not much happened last night, so I opted to take the cytotec today, since hubby had already taken off work because it seemed imminent last night. Just lying in bed waiting for the drugs to dissolve (ugh!). Not sure how this will go, but have read mostly horror stories.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I hope everything goes as well as it can Bebetter. Just know that this day will be over soon and you can move on and start to heal from this. I've never had a miscarriage, so I really don't know what to say and I don't want to say the wrong thing. Sometimes I guess it just isn't time for these little babies to be born. I think mother nature can be a bit cruel, but we just can't change that. All we can do is pray for strength and peace within ourselves. I'll be praying for you. Please keep us posted on how things are going. *hugs*

Guys this morning I lost my patience with my baby a little bit. It's days like this that get me. I hardly got any sleep last night. Baby woke up about every 2 hours, I had a hard time sleeping, and my hubby woke up once with a nightmare. Then my baby wakes up at 445am and won't go back to sleep. So I let him watch a little bit of his Baby Einstein DVD, then he starts to get fussy so I rock him and try to get him to take a nap. He takes a nap so I take a nap too. After a little less than an hour my hubby gets up to go to work and my baby wakes up. I'm desperate for sleep. I feel like crap. And he won't stop screaming in my ear. I rock him, I feed him, I change his diaper, I burp him, etc. I just don't have the energy to cart him all over the house in his carrier, which is probably what he wants. I never hurt him, but I think he can sense my frustration because he gets even more upset. I finally said "You're being a little **** this morning", and that was when I knew it was time for me to take a break. So, here I am. Feeling horribly guilty. He's in his crib crying. I feel like a horrible mother, but I have 0 patience on mornings like this and I don't want to do something to hurt him.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sending you hugs Hun xx
Old 01-30-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey Zelda - give yourself a break - sleep deprivation is awful and we weren't as strict with our first baby so suffered from it more then. The best advice I got from my mum was 'no baby has died from crying' ok so they may cry if they're sick but that's totally different to them wanting attention and not kipping - it's hard initially but you could let him cry it out - after a week they do start to learn - you just have to stick to it

I guess my approach may seem harsh to some but it works for us - I make up for it with lots if ice cream and cuddles when I'm with them in the days
Old 01-30-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Bebetter...hoping those horror stories don't happen to you. It's just not fair when good people/moms have to endure this pain:-(

I agree with Sarah Zelda...give yourself a break. You are not a horrible mother. We all lose our patience sometimes with our kids, and do a little yelling, so you are not alone there.

Well ladies, I officially hit 9 months today! Almost didn't even notice it. Can't believe it's been 9 months. Those first 3 months dragged and I counted the days until my next milestone, but now sobriety is just my normal lifestyle now...so that feels GREAT!

Anyway...hope everyone has a nice day.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Woooohoooo Dolly!! That's amazing!!!!!! Seriously good for you!!!! xxxxxx
Old 01-30-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS Dolly!!! That is so awesome!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Wow Dolly!!! That's amazing!!!!! Congrats on 9 months!

Zelda I get it. I remember days like that, no sleep, screaming baby. I remember crying and begging the baby to sleep so I could have a break. Do you have anyone to help? My mum used to come if I got desperate!!

Bebetter how are u going hope all ok and you're not in too much pain. I've had a mc naturally and it was ok but I was very sad

Sarah how is the tiredness now?
Old 01-30-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hope you're getting on ok bebetter - I can't imagine what you're going through and hope you have lots of support and love at this time

Hope you're feeling a little better too Zelda

Hey newstar - I'm ok thanks - really struggled a bit today - popped into some services (petrol station) earlier as needed the loo and there was wine on offer everywhere - I swear my mouth watered and it was only 1 pm. Also been a stressful day with the visa people as we had missed out some important documentation so need to re-start the process - eugh! The nightmare is they need my hubby's passport and he is supposed to leave in a month - we're just tight on time all of a sudden. So I had a long bath and set up hubs with a beer and his xbox - sigh - I salivated pouring it for him but I'm over it now - phew!

How was your day and how are you getting in today ? How was your oldest with school?
Old 01-30-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi Ladies. I'm feeling a little better now. After I wrote that message I composed myself and we didn't really have any problems for the rest of the day. It's the mornings that get me sometimes! I get so grouchy if I don't get enough sleep, and with a little baby screaming I just lose my patience sometimes. I'm glad it's almost the weekend so hubby can help a little. Unfortunately I don't have any family in the area so I don't have any help other than my hubby. Oh how I wish I lived closer to my mom or my sister.

Sarah, I understand how difficult it is to go into a gas station and see all the alcohol. That's how it is here too. My husband actually doesn't even let me go into gas stations anymore because that's where I'd buy my alcohol most of the time. Gas stations and grocery stores. Ugh. I have to either avoid them or just bare with it.

How are you doing Bebetter? I hope everything is OK.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Zelda - it's totally normal to want to walk away from your screaming fussy baby, and totally healthy to put him down in his crib or another safe place and go away if it's amping you up to the point that you see red. Get a fresh of air, find something that calms you (don't ask me, I don't know what that is besides a cigarette...). I'm sorry it was such a rough day. I have definitely said things to my kids that I regret. Especially when they were small like your guy, and I figured, they don't understand cussing anyway. I remember one time, my youngest was fighting me about getting into the carseat, and we had to go to pick up her sister from school on time. I was saying, "you have to get in your carseat" over and over, until finally I very firmly and loudly said "Get the f--k in your f--king carseat right now!" Of course, she didn't understand, so I had to do that awful thing where you wrestle them down and you feel like the worst mother in the world... it's often a struggle, isn't it? But then, those moments when they are asleep, or playing nicely and you gaze at them with such love and pride... those happen too!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Why is it always car seats that fail to work properly!?? ! I was wrestling my 3 yr old into his after swimming a few months back and couldn't get the locky bit to lock - so I was jiggling it about - steam coming out if my ears as I was getting soaked in the rain and my 3 yr old says 'effinghell guys' to me - oh dear - it was at that point I realised I may have lost it and swore infront of the kiddos a bit too much (maternity leave drove me crackers). I watch what i say a bit more now - and matt has a list as long as his arm of 'mummy words' that he's not allowed to use
Old 01-31-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Sarah - oh, lol at your post!! The other day, Elise was trying to do her own seatbelt on her booster (she usually rides in a big carseat, but the booster is in my husband's car), and she said, in a very frustrated voice "I can't get the damn thing done!"

I couldn't help smile, it was hilarious, but oh so bad... time for the explanation about adult words and proper usage!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Lol "I can't get the damn thing done!". Oh wow, me and my husband really need to work on our language. With he being in the military for so long and me being an EMT and a nurse we both learned some "colorful language". And yes, some EMTs and nurses are worse than sailors! We've tried substituting words like "This is a fiesta!" instead of "This is a ******* ****show!" or "Oh fruit!" instead of "Oh ****!", etc. We'll see how it turns out...

Last night my baby blessed me with 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep! Unfortunately, if he goes past about 3 hours I automatically wake up, but I was able to get right back to sleep. I feel like a million bucks today! He's even taking a nap right now! So, I did a big workout on the row machine. I can't believe this time last year I was so miserable and struggling so bad with alcoholism. There was no way I could muster the energy for a workout. I was just trying to keep my head above water (or alcohol). Today I exercise, I eat better, and I feel great both mentally and physically! It was a very VERY VERY hard road, but I like where I'm at today.
I hope everyone is doing well today!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Haha bebetter - at least your daughters sentence didn't have the F word in it - my only condolence was my middle brothers boy used effinghell aged 2 and a bit - teehee

Ohh yaay you Zelda - glad you're feeling loads better too

I'm ok today - kinda hanging in there - got the groundhogday feeling - will keep close to SR this weekend and will crack a none-al beer tonight to help stave off the craving
Old 01-31-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Zelda - I use momma mia for mother f-er, and we say "sugar!" for "s--t" - when we remember... I like fiesta!