Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 7

Old 01-31-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Oh I doo like mamamia - I think I'll have to nick that one too BB

Sat here with a none-al shandy and my e-cigarette - oh how times have changed

Thank you for all if your support ladies - I couldn't have started this without you all being here. Xx

P.s still haven't seen the neighbours
Old 01-31-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi girls! A scorcher here today, just hibernating inside. Haha love all the swearing stories esp the car seat one LOL it's so like me!!! I have to be really careful now.

Sarah my 5 year old went well at school she looks so cute in her uniform. How's the non al beer? I'm staying away from the non al wine coz it might bring on a craving!

Zelda yay for sleep!!! So glad your little man is sleeping a bit better, letting you rest.

Tonight we have someone coming for dinner and I'd usually drink 1-2 bottles of wine...not tonight! Deep breaths!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

How are you feeling Bebetter?
Old 01-31-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey BB - how are you getting on? Hope you're ok

Hey newstar - the non al beer really helps me as I miss my shandys - it tastes exactly the same too which is great. It doesn't trigger me craving a drink as I feel like I'm having one . Have tried non-al wine and it tastes like fruit juice so I don't really bother . It's 7am here and I'm feeling good - still can't ever seem to get enough sleep though

Day 11 and the first of feb. Yay
Old 02-01-2014, 02:54 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey newstar - Melbourne was on our news Chanel's this morning all about the shark culling - I don't like sharks but it seems a shame. The weather looked great though - we have more flood warnings today - suns out for now though and 3 degrees brrrrrr
Old 02-01-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hahahaha I didn't know about shark culling....that doesn't sound good. I really should watch the news more, how embarrassing that you know about it but I don't!! Lol!!
How was or is everyone's day? Mine was good. But ate lots of crap. Thinking of doing a body step class in the morning if hubby will have the kids, he always has a whinge about it
Old 02-01-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I think there we protests all along the west coast about the sharks . Omg I have eaten a huuuge amount of crap today and it's only 4pm - nice day with the outlaws though need to get some exercise tomoz as I've done nothing but stuff my face today
Old 02-01-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi moms...

Hope all is well, it's Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow, so I am cooking away. Trying to make the NYC craze the "cronut"! That's a cross between a croissant and a donut:-) Hope they come out yummy:-).

Also will be doing chili, skillet corn bread and homemade pizza...yum!

Will check back in later:-)
Old 02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Enjoy Dolly - that food sounds amazing!! I went into London not so long ago and the craze was cinnabuns (a cross of cinnamon and Danish buns) oh they are delish!!

Tomorrow we have nothing on - just pottering about the house - I love our chilled Sundays.

Day 11 of not drinking / avoiding our neighbours is now done xx
Old 02-01-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I am going to my first meeting on Monday and was afraid till I read your post thank you.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Have had a great morning. Got up and went to the gym to do a class, came home and made a healthy lunch. Feeling good!! Tonight hubby and I are going out ALONE and I can't wait!! Dinner for two and no wine for me! Usually I'm ordering wine after wine and looking forward to getting home and drinking more :/ hubby doesn't even drink so I'd be drinking alone. Tonight we can enjoy a lemonade each
Old 02-01-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Dolly and Sarah yum the food sounds so good! A cross between a croissant and donut- heaven!!

Still managing to avoid the neighbours Sarah lol!! You're good!!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Been a bit antsy again today so took the 3 yr old on a 3km walk this morning then took the pooch out for 25 minutes this afternoon - it's defo helped make up for my calorie binge yesterday and my eldest is shattered! Teehee.

Got a text from my childminder earlier saying she thinks her son has chicken pox - oh dear! It means my little one maywell get it too which is fine - I know he needs to get it but if he doesn't we are stuck for childminding - eugh!

Anyways - hope everyone's doing well
Old 02-02-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Ooooh how was your meal newstar? Was it fun?
Old 02-02-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone - And I'm back. I made it 38 days and then I got cocky. Wash. Rinse, repeat. I knew last week I should have come back here, instead I waited until I created the most shameful experience possible. The positive to this though, is that nowhere in the deep crevices in my brain does the notion that I can drink one day in the future hide. Where I can be honest and say in all my previous attempts, I really thought, one day in the future I'll be fine and I can rejoin the ranks of the drinking class again. That belief is no more. No. More.

I spent the morning in bed, before husband and daughter woke catching up with you all. I am so sorry to have missed all that I did. BeBetter I am so, so sorry for your loss and all that you went through. You have amazing strength, I can feel it in your words here. Dolly Angel, you are such a role model. I'm so proud of you. It's really working for you.Wow! I dream of being where you are one day.

Day 3. Here we go again....

I'm staying close and with you all. XOX
Old 02-02-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey Babs - hope you're ok - I'm with you - there is no way I can ever drink again - it's not fair to anyone around me - so im back too. Day 12 here of trying to sort myself out, I learnt a lot last time I attempted this so so far so good . Good luck - I'll post later when I have more time.

WELCOME BACK xxxxx
Old 02-02-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thank you JustSarah! I'm here for you too! It's that saying I've heard a few times, when you're feeling overwhelmed, do something for someone else. Hope you're having a good day! XO
Old 02-02-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey Babs! Welcome back to sobriety I personally found that the last time I drank might have been what keeps me sober today. I too thought I could just handle it and drink normally. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Not only that but after the sobriety I did have, which was about a month, I found that drinking was not the same nor will it ever be. It was an awful experience. It just reminded me that I never want to go back to that lifestyle. Hang in there!

I hope everyone is having a good day. It's rainy again today and I'm getting tired of taking pictures in overcast weather. So I've basically just been studying and being a bum. Ok I've mostly just been a bum. We are going over to a friends for Super Bowl tonight. I'm not a fan of football but I am a fan of Super Bowl treats and my friend just had a baby so I look forward to holding a tiny baby again. Fortunately these friends know we don't drink so I'm not worried about temptation. I liked to get trashed by myself anyway.
Take care ladies!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hey moms - I've got whiplash from my own mood swings today - totally drove myself crazy. Walked loads which helped then decided to hide from my kids and hubby 4-5 (am I the only one who does that?! ) I kinda get overwhelmed with the noise / boredom / monotony / kids and lie on my bed and close my eyes for an hour - I figure it's better than flipping out. I just need some me time after running around after everyone from 7am on a Friday morning - I swear work is easier! My biggest fear about our move to capetown is being a full time mum until we 're settled and I get a job - I love my kids but after 3 days they drive me crazy!!

Anyways - watched more sons of anarchy - it's fab I'm totally hooked

Also heard Philip Seymour Hoffman has died - so sad - he was so talented.

Hope everyone's ok this Sunday xx
Old 02-02-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!!

Today marks exactly one month of sobriety for me!! Woo!

Hi Babs! Nice to meet you