Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 7

Old 01-28-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey free thinking sorry to hear you are having trouble finding a sponser I have no idea how it works though. Hope you can make it through today, I've found the longer I stay sober the easier it is. It's great. My biggest temptation would be a night out somewhere I think.

Sarah yay for sun!! What exercise will you do? I just went for a run and I think I hurt my thigh. Think I'll have to join a gym so I can try to avoid injuries.
Today home with both girls, need to do some sewing, make some baby pressies for friends expecting.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey freethinking - how are you doing today ? I really hope you get a sponsor sorted soon let us know how you get on won't you !

I'm at the end of day 7 and feeling better - although I read a post on sr earlier from an alcoholics girlfy - I never want my hubby to feel that way about me - although I am sure he has in the past - I so want this to work - it was good to read. I'm also really enjoying my diary and make sure I fill each page - it's quite liberating

I can't believe how tired I am in the day - I meant to do a work out today and instead fell asleep for an hour - oooops

Hope everyone's well anyways xx
Old 01-28-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I didn't see that post Sarah, will have a look. I was exhausted in the first two weeks, it was like early pregnancy or something! It's much better now though hopefully you'll have more energy soon!
Old 01-28-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well today! I pretty much just stayed in the house today because it's so cold out. My baby took a couple naps (yay!!!) so I was able to play with my camera a bit. I'm dreading tomorrow because I have a doctors appointment in the morning. I have to bring my baby this time because I don't have anyone to watch him. I hope he behaves! I'm sure I'm not the first woman to bring her baby to an obgyn appointment, right? I'm also dreading it a bit because... This might sound odd but.... I have a HuGE crush on my doctor! I've always respected him a lot because, as a nurse, I work with tons of doctors and he's really good, but ever since he delivered my baby I fell for him! It doesn't help when other women say "oh yeah, he's hot, how can you have a hot OB?" Even my husband respects him a ton and respect like that is hard to get from my husband. Ok ok.... Enough of that! I just had to get it off my chest! Don't worry, nothing would ever come of it! I actually just want to get over it!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Zelda - LOL reading your post!! I always take my kids to the OB, and the doctors and nurses love it because they like to see the kids they delivered, growing up. I think especially in my case, because my pregnancies were really high risk, and the doctors worked super hard to get them here safely. (honestly, my OB and my peri literally saved my first daughter's life...) Anyway, it's too funny that your OB is hot. That would bother me, I think, because I'd be all nervous (for no reason whatsoever).

Heading out into the awful cold for a smoke... it's been so depressingly cold here lately. You can't walk outside for even a few minutes. Snow and ice cover the ground and I'm starting to go nuts!! I get so much respite from taking walks in the woods, and it's just been too cold for that. Plus, I have no desire to pack the kids up and get to the gym either... blah. This whole winter **** can just pack up and leave, and take all the crappy stuff I'm going through away too... I can't wait until spring. But at the same time, I don't want to rush time, because it's starting to sink in that my oldest starts K in the fall, and it's full day, and I'm going to miss her being home.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi all...just had a lousy end to the night. Was tucking my daughter in and we were talking about donations we have collected towards a jump rope for heart event at her school. She has known about the event and was excited to raise money, but all of a sudden had a melt down in bed screaming hysterically that she didn't know how yo jump rope!

After trying to calm her down (unsuccessfully), I finally lost my temper and was yelling at her, which only made things worse:-(

I hate when I lose control like that with her....I have never laid a hand on her, but I can be a yeller when my patience runs out...I feel lousy, and like a horrible mother that I couldn't diffuse the situation in a calm manner:/(

Sorry ladies, just had to vent.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

How old is your little one Dolly? I've lost it before too, sometimes when they're carrying on about something and being silly it can be so hard to be patient!! Arghh.

Be better it sounds freezing where you are! When will it warm up a bit? In a couple of months?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Zelda bahaha about your ob. That'd kill me to have a hot ob!!! Having to show him your "ahem" lady garden! Lol I'd be so embarrassed.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My little girl is 7 New Star. She is such a sweet girl, but can be very timid about things. I just wish I handled it better.

Well, it looks like I will be buying a jump rope tomorrow so I can have her practice for the next 2 weeks:-). I'm sure they don't have to jump role fast, or even that well....as long as the kids are moving, and they got their donations, but try telling that to an over dramatic 7 year old girl!:-)
Old 01-28-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm sure she forgives you, don't beat yourself up on it. You've come away with a solution, that's awesome, I'm sure she'll be great at it soon!

Countdown is on...my 5 year old starts school tomorrow! My baby!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Dolly - I'm raising a sensitive little one, and I lose it like that too (as I said a few days ago...). Like you, I've never raised even a finger at her, but I feel bad about my yelling. Especially because I was a very sensitive child, and always told myself when I was younger that as an adult, I'd be more sensitive to my own children. I was a lot like your daughter sounds about the worry... I was a good student and always concerned about doing things well. It's so hard to deal with our little ones' breakdowns about what we know is small stuff, but they see as huge. I always tell my girl to take a chill pill (which is so awful when you think about it - a pill? hello future alcoholic!)... blah. today is another day. Yesterday, my girl and I made promises to each other that she would listen more and I would yell less, and it worked (for the day...)
Old 01-29-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Omg newstar - that's exactly how I feel right now - like I've just got pregnant! Honestly I could sleep for Britain!! I just started my insanity workout and did 8mins and nearly keeled over so have had some lunch - just chilling with a bit of SR then going to re-attempt the workout. I need to sort out my muffin top so I need to sort myself out! It's all just so much bloooody effort though. Oh and good luck with your eldest at school tomorrow. My eldest goes to pre-school and loves it

Hey Zelda what photography do you do? I love taking photos and have thousands of my family - got a few good ones too . That's so funny about your doc too - in the uk I don't think drs generally like to get involved so we get packed off to the nurses - always a different one every time too - hey Ho - I guess that's what comes when healthcare is 'free'

Dolly - I hope your skipping session with your daughter goes well - I bought a skipping rope in the summer and nearly passed out - I'd forgotten how hard / tiring it is! I'm sure with a bit of practice she'll feel loads better

Hope everyone's ok anyways today - I'm good too - just need a serious injection of energy - May have to double up my vitamin B tablets for a few days
Old 01-29-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Awww be better that sounds like a good idea - I should try that with my eldest - he is just like me as a child - has the attention span of a nit and doesn't listen - he drives me up the wall and I often lose it with him. Sometimes the naughty step just isn't enough - and he knows how to press my buttons - so on Friday when we have our day together I may have to give that a go. I shouted at him the other day as he was putting his beanbag on my 10month old (which the baby was finding hilarious) and he told me that I make him grumpy when I shout - I felt so bad - but seriously - don't put the beanbag on the baby - it's huge! I think that's why I work - I find it easier

Hope you have a nice day with your daughter today too
Old 01-29-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Dolly I think we all lose our patience from time to time. I feel bad because I lose my patience with my little one sometimes. Especially at the end of the day when I haven't had a break and he starts to have a meltdown. I've never laid a finger on him either, but I find myself getting upset and that's when I just have to walk away for a little bit. If I do ever lose my temper I just have to apologize and then try not to do it next time. I pray for patience every night!

Sarah, how do you like that Insanity workout? I've heard a lot about it. Right now I do about 20-30min of some kind of cardio exercise and then later I do strength training with free weights. I also watch my calories and I keep track of everything on Myfitnesspal.com. I've been noticing some results with that. How long are the Insanity workouts?

I'm so new to photography that I really don't know what I'm doing. I just want to learn how to capture things in my life from little everyday things to things we see on vacation. I've been reading "How to Create Stunning Digital Photography" by Tony Northrup. It's a great book!

Ok, well I'm off to the OB! I hope he has a giant zit or something today. :p
Old 01-29-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Ooooh I'll have to check that book out Zelda - we have a digital photo frame by our tv and its full of fotos that change every 3 seconds - I love it as it shows me and my hubby from when we first met with no worries in the world to now with 2 kids - it's easy to forget the good times and it reminds me of those always . I'd love to know how to capture better fotos though so I will check out that book for sure

Oh insanity - it is an absolute killer and I love it once I start. The first 6 weeks workouts are about 40 minutes long and you lose inches quickly. I've been a bit slack with it of late but will pick it back up for the summer now - just need to force myself to get my trainers on . You sweat like you've never sweat before but it does work - it's a 10 week plan 6 days a week so it's pretty full on. I have been using that fitness ap too for the last 2 weeks and am hooked - just got 6lbs to shift and I'll be happier I think .

Good luck with the OB visit too
Old 01-29-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh and I've just realised that I quit smoking 24 days ago - I'm going to make 2014 my be-ACTH. Hopefully
Old 01-29-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Bebetter...my princess and I seem to have that same discussion at least once a week. She agrees to listen better and I agree to yell less:-) She is super sensitive. She doesn't like movies because even the Disney movies have some part where someone/something gets hurt or sad, and she loses it. Forget anything about animals being hurt. She can't even watch any kind of animal rescue videos because although the overall them is that the animals are getting saved, the part where they were hurt to begin with is too much for her.

Heck...even when I watch shows like Biggest Loser or Foodnetwork competition shows where someone is "sent home" at the end...she bursts into tears because the people are sad. Ugh...hope she toughens up a little anyway when she gets older. Glad she is so sensitive to others needs, but sometimes it a little excessive. I guess it's better than her not caring one whit about them.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey all,

I was planning to induce the miscarriage on Friday, but apparently, my body has other plans and it seems as though it's starting now. I anticipate a really rough night... I'm kind of grateful in a way that it seems to be natural, as I was scared of taking the cytotec to induce all the contractions and stuff. I think it will be less painful in a way, and frankly, it's the first time my body has ever done what it needs to do when it comes to pregnancy...
Old 01-29-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Oh Bebetter...hugs going your way! I know how awful this is, as i too gave done this naturally, and also via delivery method:-(. but you are right...your body doing it naturally is a bit better...physically that is. Still just as heartbreaking regardless of how it happens! I will be checking in regularly here, so if you feel like talking...I'm all ears!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Dolly. You've been such a strong support for me these past nearly 8 months. All of you have, really. I'm glad Lady and Sarah are still here, and I miss Babs' uplifting posts.

By the way, Lady... my mom got us a membership to the zoo, and I know this is an anonymous site, but if you ever wanted to get the kids together to play at the zoo when it FINALLY warms up, I'd be up for a F2F chat.