Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 7

Old 02-02-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Woooohoooo Newstar - well done you!! That's fantastic xx
Old 02-02-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Omg Sarah I hide from hubby and the kids ALL the time!!!! Hahahaha!! I thought I was the only one! Lol. Good you've been walking heaps! Too hot here. Went to the gym this morning for a 5.30am spin class! Atleast it's air conditioned, but I still sweated heaps.

Date last night was good, although would've loved a few wines to relax a bit- doesn't that sound bad!!

Zelda are you a photographer? Have fun watching Super Bowl!
Old 02-02-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

You guys are talking about when you tried drinking again it wasn't good and you remembered why you stopped/ didn't enjoy it. Can I ask why? Hangover was worse or just didn't feel the "buzz"?
Old 02-02-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi all, was feeling much better today, but cramping is picking up again. When the hell is this ever going to happen? 2 rounds of cytotec failed, the on-call doctor never called my back yesterday, and... ugh.

I took my 4 year old to a gymnastics place yesterday for a birthday party, and the mom of the party said we could just drop them off. I actually considered going to a nearby bar for a drink. Yes. A drink. I was thinking a glass of wine, but I thought I'd have to have 2, and it was going to be a one off, so I should just get a big-ass margarita and go to town. I haven't had cravings in months, and I so wanted to do it. The only thing keeping me was that I'm a terrible liar - the guilt of a lie is overwhelming to me, and when hubby asked "how was it?" I knew I was going to have to tell the truth, and I'd feel just terrible about that. I'm already unhappy enough with life, I don't need either a lie or a slip on top of that.

Babs - I'm so glad to see you back, and so sorry you had an awful night. But you're here again, and with new information. I think I've said before that I've done the sober thing many times - up to a year in the past, and each time I get to the point where I think, "I can have just one drink - of course I can, I've gone a whole year without drinking!" like I'm cured.... and it works for a little, but then I'm restraining myself from having more, and then I'm making excuses for having more (it's a holiday! it's Friday! it's a bad day!... then all it takes is, it's a day!), and I'm right back to the "worst night of my life" again with some kind of embarrassing cigarette laden all nighter where I tell people things I should never say... so, like you, I've learned that lesson before too. I just hope it sticks, because for me, it's the most sinister of all the AV talk, and it gets me even after long periods of sobriety.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Wooooo congrats NewStar!!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Cronuts were AWESOME! So worth the trouble! Looks like its been busy here today...off to back read..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-91273965.jpg (57.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 02-02-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Bebetter....I can't believe you are still going through this...I am so sorry:-(

Congrats new Star on 1 month! Way to go!!!

Sarah....roflmao about the whip lash mood swings! Made me laugh out loud:-)

Anybody here from Ladybug? Haven't seen her post in a few days.

Hope all is well
Old 02-02-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

OMG, Dolly - those are beautiful!! You could sell something like that! How did you get them so fluffy?? What's your recipe? Maybe I could make them for my youngest's 2nd birthday in March...
Old 02-02-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

The recipe calls for making homemade puff pastry Bebetter. Not all that difficult, but a little time consuming I will pm you the link with the recipe:-). They are so very good!
Old 02-02-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi Moms,

Well, I am very sad and ashamed to report that I drank while my husband was away on his trip. After 3 nights of it I felt so horrible, depressed, etc yesterday I just wanted to hide from the world. For me the "mental" hangover is so much worse now. I made it to almost 4 months back in Nov and then was back to 42 days and now I am back to Day 2 (well I guess it is really Day 1 since I had half of a beer yesterday morning). I am SO sick of this cycle. I hate alcohol and how it makes me feel. I don't know why I can't remember this. Why do I keep letting it back into my life? I joined this site and was serious about getting/staying sober back in April of last year. I should be at 10 months, not back on another Day 1. Ugh, just so sad and disgusted with myself, yet again

Moving forward, though, and determined to get it right this time. I keep telling myself that I don't ever have to feel this way again. Feb 2, one week before my daughter's 4th bd is going to be my new and final sobriety date.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi Lady...

Sorry you struggled:-(. You are right though...you are moving forward, and I believe you can conquer this!
Old 02-02-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi to all. I'm new to the site. I posted in alcoholism due to the fact that i am not don't yet, but would Love to talk to other moms. I have 2 kids and am pregnant with my 3rd. I am a stay at home mom and definitely need support and advice. Can i join you here or should i come back when i am sober?
Old 02-02-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Of course you can join! Everyone here is extremely supportive, and it has been so helpful to me the last 9 months.

I am mom to a 7 year old little girl, and I became a daily drinker shortly after she was born. My drinking slowly progressed from drinking a couple glasses of wine evey night to drinking in the morning before work, and in my car on my lunch hour. I needed to quit or it eventually would kill me at the rate I was going.

I hope you make that decision and quit...we are here to listen and answer any questions you may have.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dolly. I really don't know what I would without this site and all of you. I just don't feel like I can talk to anyone about this anymore - not even my hubby or mom. They have been supportive of my struggle, but just don't "get it" as much as they try/want to. It's just so exhausting and I really fear my hubby and I are drifting apart because of it all

Going to hug my daughter, go to bed, and hopefully feel more positive and better in the morning.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi me314 and welcome. How far along are you in your pregnancy? Stay close - this group of moms/mums is wonderful and so supportive. All I have wanted to do tonight is cry my eyes out, but after coming here I feel a little better.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Oh ladybug, don't be so hard on yourself! You can start afresh now and learn from it. I'm glad you've come back

That's what I can't get my head around either, that it's a day by day struggle, it won't suddenly go away if we have been sober for a while. My AV says different though!! Argh
Old 02-02-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi me 314! Welcome, you can post anytime

Dolly omg they look amazing. Yum!!
Old 02-02-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Ladybug2- I'm on day 3 today too. We're in it sister. This is 'the ****' as they say in all those Vietnam films. I know your husband travels as much as mine. We should keep the topic on the table and keep talking about. A few trips go by and I'm a mint good, I get cagey and then I'm on borrowed time.

Me314- how far along are you? How much are you drinking? Are you ready to make changes? Can we share our stories to help you? Let's talk....
Old 02-02-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi ladies! I had a good time at the Super Bowl party and here I am, sober! Baby was incredibly good tonight. He barely made a peep, and when we came home he went right to bed! He just watched the football game and played with his toys.

Bebetter I'm sorry to hear you're still going through this. You'll be in my thoughts and I hope all is well again soon.

Newstar I'm not a photographer, but I've taken it up as a hobby and I really enjoy it. I especially like taking pictures while I take my baby for a walk. As for why I didn't enjoy my last drink... well, I had been living in hell for a long time. My alcoholism had gotten to the point where I was shaky in the morning and I'd drink earlier and earlier each day. My husband almost divorced me. I was pregnant and I couldn't stop drinking. I had been to rehab. I wanted out of that hell so bad. So, I guess I hit my bottom. I quit for about a month. It seemed like an eternity. So I went out and bought some wine coolers. I couldn't wait to drink them. I drank them so fast. But, they tasted terrible. I felt sick after I drank them. My husband could tell something was up and I didn't want to upset him. Then that night I felt so anxious and ashamed. The next day I had a headache and felt bad. I had had so many times like that before, and worse. I thought "I really want to go back to this?". It was such a disappointment.

me314 welcome! We are all in this together. Several of us on here can relate to what you're going through in your pregnancy.

Dolly those cronuts look amazing!

Ladybug, hang in there! It was just a little bump in the road to recovery.

Goodnight ladies!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'm almost 16 weeks. I've scaled back from drinking 6-8 shots of vodka each evening to drinking about 3 drinks every other night. My anxiety and sleep patterns are horrible :-(

Thank you all for the warm welcome!