Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 3

Old 01-21-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Mariah, good work getting back to 4. Let me know how that book is; I see it recommended a lot as well.

I was super sad all morning. I'm not sure why or if there was even a reason, really. Just . . . sad. I think a lot of it is the loss of some friendships over the last month. It's hard not to feel alone, you know? I felt like I was just about to cry all day.

But despite the sadness and some anxiety, I had a good night with the kiddos. We went to where I volunteer at the animal shelter and looked at all the animals. We've all fallen in love with this mutt named Sheila. She's had some hard luck and needs a family with kids and other pets. Boy do we fit that bill. I can't stop thinking about her and wondering if we should offer her a home. She would do great here; she's sweet as can be. And one thing we know around here is animals. Three cats, one dog, two hamsters, and that's just the latest count.

Oh and DanDare, I noticed the Billy Joe Shaver quote on your signature. He's an incredible songwriter. He's had some hard luck as well. Guess that makes for good songwriting, though.

Heading to bed. Waking up to Day 31.

Have a good night, friends,
Jackie
Old 01-21-2014, 10:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 40
Old 01-22-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey December friends! How is everyone today?
Jackie, I know what you mean when you say you were sad. I have had that, being sad for no reason, just being sad. I always end up crying, and it makes me feel relieved, because then I can move on and start feeling good emotions again.

I am in the middle of packing for my trip tomorrow. It's only 3 days, but there will be 3 events and I have to pack different dresses for each. I don't like this, all this packing and worrying did I pack everything, did I pack too much, did I forget something, makes me really anxious. In the past I would drink and pack. But not the new me!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Muhv, I get very anxious with the packing. And no matter how anxious I am, I still end up packing all the wrong stuff. It drives me crazy. Good luck packing and have a good trip. Be sure and check in with us!

Day 32. Let's do this.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

40 days today and feeling pretty positive.. I have a Bridal shower to go to on Friday with a few of my co-workers they all drink wine. I know I have faced it before being around friends who were drinking and did ok but I wasn't confined to one space. This might be a challenge but I am going to try very hard to stay strong, please send lot's of positive energy my way!
Old 01-22-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congrats on 40 days Blue. Great day all!!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

25 days!

Super stressed at work. Got a migraine on Tuesday, hurt my back yesterday, got another headache starting this morning. So tired after going to work all day and then heading to a meeting at night. I'm exhausted :-( My friend is not doing very well and is coming back from a relapse so I have been going to meetings with him. We have agreed to another one tonight. I'll be almost relieved if he doesn't want to go to one tomorrow. At least it doesn't leave me any energy to drink or any corner of my brain that thinks drinking is a good idea. And my sink is full of dishes I haven't had time to do.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Urgh. I just called in sick to work. It's such an inconvenience because I had to reschedule meetings and get a colleague to cover for a critical one that had to go ahead today. Being unwell is very inconvenient. I will go to dr about ongoing headaches and see physio re my back pain.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Beanie and Blueyesgrn
hope you feel better soon TL

Have you worked out a plan to deal with alcohol this trip Muhv?

D
Old 01-22-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Tigerlili, I'm so sorry you're feeling so lousy. I get migraines too and they are just so brutal and combined with all the rest of what you're dealing with -- ugh. Sending you get well vibes and hoping you feel better soon.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
waking down

Sickness is a drag, and pain sucks. I always have the latter, but both together...well...

My wife came home from her trip sick, and now I'm hoping to stave it off, taking lots of immune boosters and whatnot.

I got a text yesterday from an old drinking buddy. Some of you might remember a couple of comments I made about disappearing from people's lives and they being maybe too drunk to notice. Apparently one noticed and invited me to a Super Bowl party. I'm kind of excited. We've had some good times watching games at their house, and I remember last year taking a six of Clausthauler nonalcoholic beer to one of them. I don't think they will much notice if I just drink seltzer. I don't want even nonalcoholic beer; it will just make me miss good beer (tho I should think that an oxymoron). So anyway, good to know someone remembers me, and I'll probably go to the party. I'm really not craving alcohol and I'm sure I can deal with the scene. If anyone asks I'll just say, "I'm not drinking today." Someday they'll figure out that I say that everyday; I don't need to make an announcement.

Hope all are well or at least getting better. Day 27. Sunday will make a month. That's longer than I've gone for a couple of years. Gonna go play music with some friends tonight. Should be fun. They'll drink their beer and I'll drink my tea. That's just the way it's gonna have to be.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Work out an escape plan anyway Zero.

You may be different, but I found in the early days I really underestimated what it would be like being in a room of drinkers, doing what I used to do?
Old 01-22-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, good for you for joining this class! Way to take care of yourselves.

Zero I have to say, I could not do what you are doing so early in sobriety. But the fact that you have a plan for what you will drink and what you will say is certainly wise. I found if i had even one "sober buddy" --someone who wasn't drinking even if that had nothing to do with Recovery-- then I felt less alienated at those gatherings. Do you know anyone who won't be drinking at the the party?
Old 01-23-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 33. Let's get it on the books!

Wishing everyone a day of peace today--
Jackie
Old 01-23-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hope Everyone has a great day! We've come a long way in a short time.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

5 days today....headed off to work with major anxiety this am.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good Job MariahGayle, It will get better!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

working on day 25 today

dramatic breakthrough in the last 2 days: I've gone to sleep BEFORE 3-4AM for the first time since I stopped! My insomnia was absolutely killing me. The past two days I've actually been tired in the 11:30 PM-1:30 AM range, and have been falling sleep somewhere around there. So excited to get a little more normalcy back.

Went to a bar with friends who were drinking. Couldn't hang long as it's pretty difficult, but I really wanted to see my friends. Also went to a major sporting even where I'd normally get bombed and spend all my money by halftime on booze. Sipped a hot chocolate and enjoyed the game this time, it was actually fun

Feeling good, hope everyone is well, seems like you're all doing great. Great job picking yourself right back up MariahGayle Keep going!!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good job Actual! Wow, that's impressive.

MariahGayle, deep breaths. Check in when you can. You can do this.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
waking down

Escape plan. Yes. Three blocks from home. Yesterday was great; today I'm losing my mind. I've been so positive but right now hitting a wall at work. Gotta focus...