Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 3

Old 01-23-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Checking in with 26 days and a big case of exhaustion. I can barely move!
Old 01-23-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Jackie C- What did you decide about the dog? I have been banned from all shelters as I want to take them all home. So I live vicariously through people like yourself who have a mini zoo at home.

Congrats to all who are still here and fighting the fight!! It does get easier and IT IS worth it
Old 01-23-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Blech. I took today off work. I feel dreadful. I have had a headache for 4 days.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

I might have missed it, but have you seen a Dr yet TL?

D
Old 01-23-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Tigerlili, I feel awful for you! I've had those headaches that don't go away and I remember many a time I wondered if I could die from the pain of a headache.

Tazzle, thanks for asking about the dog. The kids and I went and saw her yet again today. I'm thinking it over. My heart says "Yes, save this dog, give her a warm, happy home with kids and other animals." But it's a lot of work on my own (my kids swear they'll help -- you know how that always goes hahahaha) so I want to really think it through. But I'm totally smitten with her so I'll keep you posted . . .

Kids are with their dad tonight and all weekend and I'm feeling very lonely. Wandering around my house, basically feeling sort of sorry for myself. And yet, I am at peace, okay with the loneliness for now. Many of my friendships are fading away in front of my eyes. The people I do know here who are sober happen to all be married so . . . you know, just makes me feel alone.

Okay enough of the pity party over here.

Day 33 almost over. I'm hunkered down in my warm house, on the couch with some hot tea, a dog at my feet, a cat on my lap and some good tv to watch. What the hell am I doing bitching about anything?

G'night all,
Jackie
Old 01-23-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hang in there JackieC- I am on my own here also. Hubby has been gone most of the week and will not be back till Sunday. Do you have anything "selfish" you would like to do? Something maybe hubby and or kids or both, would be bored with doing or not want to do, that you would enjoy? I have recorded all the shows I never get to watch, which is keeping me going at night and Saturday I am heading out to a winter carnival. 33 days is quite an accomplishment! you should treat yourself!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope you are feeling better soon Tiger. Glad you have some "you" time Jackie, know that can be a challenge with the kiddos away, but your doing great!

I have a "big" adjustment to make with my sons being 30, 20 & 15....I have had "boy's to care for for 30 years now & Im now on the "down hill slide" with that with just the youngest at home & well, he's a teenager & has a life....and believe me, in one way I am really, really ready for that, but it also leaves me feeling completely "lost". I need to learn to "enjoy" this time though & there is not enjoyment in drinking anymore, hasn't been for a long time. Winding down in day six.....thanks for the support today
Old 01-23-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Just a suggestion to you ladys to "treat" yourselves - I read that coconut oil is a great moisturizer & promotes growth of eyelashes & eyebrows, so I have been using it with a little lavender oil added into it at night after I wash my face....great moisturizer....my eylashes are longer & I think it's the lavender that is helping me with sound sleep. Have a great Friday all
Old 01-23-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I might have missed it, but have you seen a Dr yet TL?

D
I went to the dr today. She didn't seem concerned. Just gave me a script for migraine medication.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:42 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

well I hope it helps, TL

D
Old 01-23-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Checking in at 6 weeks.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:11 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Beanie

D
Old 01-24-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great Beanie!!! Have a great day
Old 01-24-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day 42 and feeling pretty good! Have a safe and sober weekend everyone. Do you something fun for yourselves.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 27!

No headache, but very tired. I had one of those 2 hour blood tests this morning where you have to drink the bottle of sugar water. Gag!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Had a good week overall. Eating healthy and still dropping weight...

But feeling pretty melancholy tonight . My antidepressants have been great and it's been such a huge change in my life in a short amount of time... Just feeling lonely tonight. A friend wanted to hang out but I don't really feel like it. Lonely but want to be alone? What the hell is that??

Staying sober though.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's pretty common, Actual. I think we can be a little shellshocked at the rate and scope of change.
Wanting alone time, yet feeling a bit lonely, is perfectly normal.

Things get be - we start to work out who sober us is, and spread our wings a little more. The timing of that varies tho - everyone's different
Old 01-24-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad to be home after a very long day/week, glad to have the next 2 days off & plan to "live" it this week-end. Six days & going to wake up with 1 week tomorrow & play at the park with my little sweetheart Grandson. Night All Hang in there actual....feeling a bit lonesome tonight too.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 35. Actual and Mariah, feeling similarly to you all -- melancholy and lonely. Actual, I said to my therapist today the same thing -- that I feel lonely and yet I want to hunker down and be alone.

I'm headed to sleep. Waking up to day 36 in the morning.

Hang in there everyone. At least we are all on this roller coaster together.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:48 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 43. Have a good day all..stay strong.