Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 3

Old 01-25-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 43 and feeling good.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Day 36! Beautiful morning here (cold but sunny at least). I'm feeling really good though I'm trying to work on not isolating myself this weekend. Planning a movie marathon so even if I'm on my own, I'm in a theater full of people.

Wishing everyone a calm and peaceful Saturday,
Jackie
Old 01-25-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

1 week today Beautiful morning here in Oregon - going to be 70+ degrees today...*****!! So glad to be home & not in a rush this morning, drinking coffee with my furry peeps, going to clean house a bit & meet my Grandson (almost 4) at the park & play for awhile then go speed/walk sprint some hills later & go to weight room at the gym with my son. Have a great day all!!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
waking down

Yes, all, sunshine and fresh air is important. Gonna go walk the dogs soon. Thanks to those who reached out after my unbalanced posts the other day. Tomorrow makes a month of sobriety, and yes, it's a rollercoaster. I need to say the serenity prayer, I guess, as cheesy as it seems. One of my problems is anger and frustration over things beyond my control - and those are feelings that lead to the desire to just get hammered. I'm grateful none of that ever led me to abusive behavior. I gotta give myself some kudos in the kindness and compassion department, even if I do get pissy sometimes, and especially because I grew up in an abusive environment. Love. It's not just a cliche.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congrats on 1 month tomorrow Zero!! Glad your hang'in on for the ride I know I will really need to "practice" letting go of things I have no control of, that for sure.

Great sober day today....busy, but good. Reading some posts tonight is just such a good reminder of how "cunning" & "powerful" the alcohol is......heartbreaking that it causes so much pain & suffering. I thought a lot today about what keeps me going back to something that makes me so, so unhappy & I just don't really have an answer for that...just going to stick to the basic....one day at a time & don't take that first drink. So very glad to be sober today.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Zero, I don't think your post was "unbalanced." To the contrary, it was probably perfectly balanced -- in the sense that all these ups and downs are exactly what should be happening to us. As my therapist explained to me the other day -- we are finally feeling all the things that we'd been numbing with alcohol for so long. We don't have our usual method of blurring it all, masking it. It's just right in front of us. The only way is through it. So yeah, we better make sure we're all belted in for the ride.

I'm glad I have you guys with me on this ride.

Peace to everyone tonight--
Jackie
Old 01-26-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Day 37 and it is gorgeous outside.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning Decembers 8 days for me today - Have a great day!!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good morning all, day 44 here and Im actually beginning to lose count of the days. I had to look at my last post to see what day I was on.. It is defiantly getting easier! Have a great Sunday everybody
Old 01-26-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
waking down

A whole month. Can't say I feel proud, but I'm not hungover, either.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zerothehero View Post
One of my problems is anger and frustration over things beyond my control - and those are feelings that lead to the desire to just get hammered.
OMG me too!

*hugs zero*
Old 01-26-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Checking in with 29 days.

Four weeks!

Woo and hoo!
Old 01-26-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

That sober calculator is great.
Only problem is I'm forgetting what my sober date is now.

What year is this again?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:56 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Psst Dan - put your sober date in your siggy :-)

Mine is 29 December.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:14 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi Decembers. Day 45. Have a great day all.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey december friends. Today would have been my 1 month date, but unfortunately I had a slip last week on my business trip. Didn't drink too much, but had some wine on the first night and then martinis on the second night. I am not mad with myself, not today anymore. But I was yesterday when I got home from the airport.
Today I am already glad the weekend is over, I have had my first slip, it's done and I can move on.
I'm sorry, I know I can do better.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

56 days and 4.8 million heart beats sober. I have not posted in some time, but the cravings are back, week one strong! I have forgotten almost every reason why I quit except the "The image of my darling, special, unbelievably forgiving, caring wife's face, when I have disappointed her!" The "Liar" even tries to take that from me! I must remain for myself, so I'm told, but I must question my love for my bride, and four children for even entertaining the thought of "just one glass", "Its a special occasion!", "When I turn 50 (im31) I will be mature enough to try again".

Weird post I know, some how this strengthens me.

SD 12/02/13
Old 01-27-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Captb, congratulations on 56 days! Every single one of those heart beats sober is an amazing accomplishment.

Muhv, those business trips are such a huge trigger, for everyone. I'm glad you're back on the horse. I'm here for you; I believe in you.

Day 38 for me. The weekend was lonely lonely lonely. It might help if I'd get off my couch though, something I really only did twice all weekend. The challenge for me right now is finding friends to spend time with. I was actually scrolling through my Facebook list of friends to see who I know who doesn't drink and that I have a connection with. Good news is I went to lunch with one of these women and it was so wonderful. And the other I met for a long walk yesterday. So the strategy is working, I think.

Also, my sweet cat is about to die. He's got feline leukemia so I've known it was coming but having just lost my other cat of 17 years a few months ago, I'm feeling some big gaps in my heart. I'm such an animal person; these losses are incredibly significant and are a big source of sorrow. He didn't eat yesterday, just had a bit of water, and won't eat this morning. I'm realizing I'm going to have to make a decision soon that will break my heart right in two. Silver lining is that I am so completely in the present with him right now due to my sobriety and we've barely left each other's sides all week.

A peaceful Monday to everyone,
Jackie
Old 01-27-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning All.....Glad you posted here this morning Muhv & that you are back "at it". Sorry you are hitting some "rough water" captb & contrats on 56 days - inspiring to me. Jackie...so sorry about your cats....know how hard that is.
Congrats on 45 days Beanie...that is GREAT!! & Tiger 30 days!!!!!!!

Day 9 for me & so glad to get up this morning without regrets & dragging my butt. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

JackieC - I'm so sorry about your kitty :-( It must be heartbreaking. My cat is 8 and I hoping we have a lot more years together. I would lost without her.

Hi captb - there is safety in numbers so stick around with us!

Muhv - get back on the horse and keep on trucking! You have a disease. It's not something you need to apologise for. Maybe put additional support into place for next time you're in that situation.

Mariah - waking up sober never gets old, does it!

30 DAYS TODAY!!!!!!